let this thread die (NYK)

Couldn't break the zone D in the fourth...a legit PG would of solved all that 
tired.gif

Also would've liked to see Bibby out there in the final minutes instead of TD. If we're not gonna penetrate against the zone then we needed good timely perimeter shooting which we didn't get from many all game.

Time to get rid of Fields fyi. Son is officially on the trading block in my mind. If he ever gets "it" back he'll do it for someone else.

TD + Fields and cash/pick for Nash + Hill
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

One of these guys have to go. Preferably to NJ for Deron
You are bugging.

Melo was right though...at this point, it's truly a confidence issue. Douglas is just getting his back. I think the question is how long is it gonna take for Amare and Landry to get it together. These guys are scared to shoot now...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I didn't like how once Melo came back in the 2nd half of the 4th the team just stopped going to STAT. He was heating up in the 4th and they just forgot about him. It's shh like that that'll make him inconsistent and continue not to be the scorer he can be.

Then the zone just effed shh up for us and nobody put a body on Andersen.

Did a great job on Dwight though.
Not trying to take anything away from STAT, but he had a smaller and slower Davis on him. Once Howard came back, STAT wasn't able to do much. And yes, chandler played great D on Howard, but Howard still should have put up more than 9pts,10reb...one of the reasons why he makes me mad. 

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

I didn't like how once Melo came back in the 2nd half of the 4th the team just stopped going to STAT. He was heating up in the 4th and they just forgot about him. It's shh like that that'll make him inconsistent and continue not to be the scorer he can be.

Not trying to take anything away from STAT, but he had a smaller and slower Davis on him. Once Howard came back, STAT wasn't able to do much. And yes, chandler played great D on Howard, but Howard still should have put up more than 9pts,10reb...one of the reasons why he makes me mad.
You right but just going by position Dwight aint suppose to be guarding Amar'e anyway and if he is the offense should be pulling picks to get Hedo or Andersen to guard him. Although with the two being in foul trouble in the 4th I'd risk the matchup.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

You right but just going by position Dwight aint suppose to be guarding Amar'e anyway and if he is the offense should be pulling picks to get Hedo or Andersen to guard him. Although with the two being in foul trouble in the 4th I'd risk the matchup.
True. I think they went straight to the zone once howard came back with his 5th foul. That really threw your whole offense off, and it didn't help that Douglas & Shumpert were scared to shoot. 

Dantoni is $#@@!@ CLUELESS when the Magic decided to go zone why not sub in Harrelson and Bibby to stretch the floor ? We only have three shooters on this team and none of them get any playing time in the situations they should . Van Gundy severely out coached Dantoni today.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

why didnt we keep going to amare? he started hot start of 4th, hasnt touched ball since.

they dont allow amare to touch the ball late in the 4th because its Melo time, ugh dantanoi is so much
indifferent.gif
you gotta
laugh.gif
at it

How does the team hold the best center in the league to 8 points coming off of a 45 point output, and still lose?

How does Amar'e make 3 straight shots off the bench and not get the ball for the last 6 minutes?

How does Carmelo miss like 3 straight open 3's with the game on the line when he's our most clutch shooter?

How does Brian Anderson drop 30 points on us, when all he did was shoot 3s? You can't just figure out "hey, this guy is just shooting 3s..Let's put a defender on him?"

How do you not put in Novak who was specifically bought in for 3 point shooting, when the team is getting killed from the 3 point line?

Also would've liked to see Bibby out there in the final minutes instead of TD. If we're not gonna penetrate against the zone then we needed good timely perimeter shooting which we didn't get from many all game.

Time to get rid of Fields fyi. Son is officially on the trading block in my mind. If he ever gets "it" back he'll do it for someone else.

nerd.gif

You are bugging.

These dudes do not mesh at all . Were not winning a chip with them together unless we have a elite PG who can get them easy buckets and put a end to iso ball. Also a coach who has a real system and holds everyone accountable on the offensive and defensive ends . Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich aren't not coming here bro

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

why didnt we keep going to amare? he started hot start of 4th, hasnt touched ball since.

Was wondering the same thing.
Especially after Melo hurt his ankle again.

They gotta allow STAT to work his self into a rhythm too.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

How does the team hold the best center in the league to 8 points coming off of a 45 point output, and still lose?

How does Amar'e make 3 straight shots off the bench and not get the ball for the last 6 minutes?

How does Carmelo miss like 3 straight open 3's with the game on the line when he's our most clutch shooter?

How does Brian Anderson drop 30 points on us, when all he did was shoot 3s? You can't just figure out "hey, this guy is just shooting 3s..Let's put a defender on him?"

How do you not put in Novak who was specifically bought in for 3 point shooting, when the team is getting killed from the 3 point line?

Answer to all: Dantoni
tired.gif

How did we win this game? I stopped checking an hour ago and we were losing the entire game. 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

You are bugging.
These dudes do not mesh at all . Were not winning a chip with them together unless we have a elite PG who can get them easy buckets and put a end to iso ball. Also a coach who has a real system and holds everyone accountable on the offensive and defensive ends . Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich aren't not coming here bro
You are bugging. You've made this assessment/evaluation off of something like 45 games with no training camp going in to a shortened condensed season. I'm sorry but only an idiot would be trying to trade Melo or Amar'e now clamoring that they'll never work. The Knicks would just be a laughing stock pulling that move now (not that any team with a legit star would take that deal).

People were saying the same about Wade and LeBron. They just play a bit less unselfishly and have defense to propel them in to meshing quicker.

Management needs to start looking to improve our roster immediately, if they're not already doing so.

Fields has to go. Lets get somebody in here who can actually produce.

Its time to start building a real roster. Fields, Walker, Bibby...they would all average less than 5 minutes on any other team but they are our key subs. Thats gotta change.

Right now its just a waiting game for Baron to come back but we still have to improve our bench.
I still think STAT and Melo can work we just need a better coach but thats not happening now.

nerd.gif

You are bugging.
You are bugging. You've made this assessment/evaluation off of something like 45 games with no training camp going in to a shortened condensed season. I'm sorry but only an idiot would be trying to trade Melo or Amar'e now clamoring that they'll never work. The Knicks would just be a laughing stock pulling that move now (not that any team with a legit star would take that deal).

People were saying the same about Wade and LeBron. They just play a bit less unselfishly and have defense to propel them in to meshing quicker.
we would instantly get better if we traded amare for deron.  makes both our offense and defense better.  i really hope i dont have to explain why.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Honestly forgot Novak.
Just said to myself...we can't make the shots they're giving us...welp.

Can't even lie, at this point, anything that's gonna speed up the process of us getting rid of Pringles is beneficial IMO. I'll take the L's now so we at least have a chance in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom