let this thread die (NYK)

Didn't see the game, but I would much rather see the Knicks throw Lin out there right now than wait for this
obvious Baron Davis fail project.

Melo was basically scoreless tn (only point came off a technical foul shot) and we blew them out. Iso ball has a time and place, but hopefully Melo and the team continue wanting to play like this. We all knew Fields and Amare need a flowing offense for their games, but apparently Tyson does as well. We need to keep playing like this and IMO it starts with Carmelos attitude and approach.

Winning and grinning.
tumblr_lissjigALn1qbydvuo1_400.jpg

Fields good man. 

This game was full of confidence, which was nice even if it was against a weak team..But I was happiest with how much fun those dudes were having, even early in the game..They were playing loose and full of energy..They came out and set the tone from the jump, and they kept it going all night..Even when the lead went from 20 to 15, they still kept playing hard and that lead blossomed up to the mid 20s again. I loved that

.Plus, with most teams, when you put the bench warmers in for garbage time, the lead usually diminishes because the team with the lead starts jacking up ridiculous shots..These bench guys came in with less than 4 min remaining and were making plays and setting each other up.

Novak needs PT though..I said that like 40 pages back

Originally Posted by throwback1718

did that stephen a smith rant make the guys move a little differently?

I hope these guys looked in the mirror and realized that they need to step it the eff up.
I wish I could go talk to amare stoudemire and beat the crap out of him into just relaxing himself and taking his time and not forcing things that dont need to be.

Melo with one point is crazy. But a good thing at the same time. I'll reserve judgement

Was thinking the same thing.
laugh.gif

Shh if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Didn't see the game, but I would much rather see the Knicks throw Lin out there right now than wait for this
Okay you're taking it too far and just plain pessimistic. BDiddy smash your moms?
http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
Al Iannazzone: Carmelo said his wrist and ankle are sore and he sprained his right thumb. "My mind is good tho, that’s the most important thing,"

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Okay you're taking it too far and just plain pessimistic. BDiddy smash your moms?
laugh.gif

I wouldn't bench Melo but I'd keep his minutes limited depending on how the team is playing..The entire lineup played great today for the most part, but how often is Jeffries gonna hit double digits? Or Tyson score close to 20 points? I'm not trying to be pessimistic but realistically speaking, these dudes aren't gonna be consistently effective on offense so let's not expect the team to come out tomorrow and score 110+ with Melo not even hitting double digits. However, if the team is playing well offensively and they have a decent lead, I'd definitely bench Melo n Amar'e so they're fresh for the Miami game..That's a statement game for the team, with or without B. Diddy being on the court.

melo just needs to drive more and get to the foul line... if the shot is not falling then use that unstoppable spin move

Told myself I wouldn't come back in here until we got a dub to snap the skid. Was way too frustrated.

Will this type of result happen every night we play team ball? Of course not, it was the Bobcats, but I'll be damned if this wasn't a very encouraging sign.

Melo mostly, but everyone else on the roster too, needs to realize that ball movement, solid shot selection, and trusting your teammates leads to good things.

And if I see Toney Douglas take one more ill-advised 3 point shot.............

Well since you are pretty much diving in front of a train right now defending him, I'd ask you the same.
Anyway, do you really have faith in Davis to play a huge role for the Knicks? They seem to badly need a distributing PG, 

and after all this time of him recovering, I don't see him just stepping in and keying the offense like they need.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

I knew it wouldn't have gotten answered after last nights loss haha, so I'm going to ask again after the anger has settled down.

But I was wondering what is the cheapest/best way to get Knicks tickets? I want to possibly go to the Lakers game coming up soon, which are expensive I know, but would appreciate if you guys have any good recommendations on how to get tickets for cheap. Also are the 400 levels bad? If not the Laker game, I wouldn't mind the Jazz game or Kings game, or anything coming up pretty soon.

Thanks
Lakers game will be tough to get cheap tickets for..There's no way you're not paying more than face value for them..If you live in NYC, I'd say just be patient and wait until the night before the game or the day of the game and hit up Craigslist. There are people with season tickets that will hype the prices up for a game just to make a profit even though it's a game they won't be able to go to for w/e reason..If they can't get rid of the tickets a few days before the game, they'll get desperate and you should be able to get them for face value.

It's not gonna happen every time because sometimes there are people willing to pay the hyped prices to see their favorite out of state team (Lakers, Bulls,Thunder, etc.) but I'd say stay patient and hope you get lucky. Some sites like StubHub also may be a good option if you wait until a few hours before the game..People will often drop the price rather than be stubborn n not sell them at all. But like I said, that's only an option if you live close enough to MSG that you'd be able to make it to the game within 2-3 hours of getting the tickets.

400 Level seats are pretty bad but it depends how close you wanna be..You can obviously see the game from any seat in MSG or else they wouldn't be able to sell them, but you won't be able to make out faces n all that. I'd say up to the 200s and you're in good shape..300s are decent but nothing spectacular..I'd say aim for 250> if you have the money to. They changed the seating numbers this season so the old 42 section is like 120 now, but it's still pretty much in the same area as it was last year. I've gotten seats in the 120 section (used to be the 42 section) for $110 which is face value and the seats were extremely close to the court. I could make out their faces and everything.

Thanks for the advice. I live near MSG, so I'll look into what you said. The prices at MSG are ridiculous, especially for a poor person like me 
laugh.gif
. Nets games are so cheap obviously, but I'm way too lazy to go all the way to NJ. 

Originally Posted by you go boy

melo just needs to drive more and get to the foul line... if the shot is not falling then use that unstoppable spin move

This is what bothered me tonight..I feel like he purposely wasn't scoring because he expected the team to struggle for a bit, then he'd turn it up and drop points the rest of the game like he did against the Nuggets..But instead, dude didn't even try to score, even in the paint..That paint was wide open all night..They had Tyson looking like Shaq in his prime. That wrist is definitely affecting his jumper but he still needs to put that post game to use

Well since you are pretty much diving in front of a train right now defending him, I'd ask you the same.
Anyway, do you really have faith in Davis to play a huge role for the Knicks? They seem to badly need a distributing PG, 

and after all this time of him recovering, I don't see him just stepping in and keying the offense like they need.
What train am I pretty much diving in front of when all I don't agree with is the "obvious Baron Davis fail project"? How you sound wanting Jeremy Lin to play more?
laugh.gif

Not a man of faith but I trust given what I've seen from Baron when healthy that he can run the offense and be a better floor general than anyone we have on our roster currently. Nobody is expecting Baron to immediately be the main piece to change everything for the Knicks but he can make our offense better. I don't see why he can't be a distributing PG when he's been that most of his career, look at the stats. Do you have actual reasons why he cant? Just because you can not see him "stepping in and keying the offense like they need" does not mean it is obvious.

if davis can come back healthy and in shape he can make that team a beast. however this is baron davis we are talking about. in shape and healthy rarely happens. in baron's case i dont think age matters. court vision is the last to go just look at nash and kidd...

Back
Top Bottom