let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by d5

I just HATE that the Knicks aren't a good home team. .500 at home is not cool to me.

Other teams get up for the garden. That isn't going to change. Teams wanna show out in msg. They are hyped upTo make matters worse we don't get calls in our own house
Ain't that the truth.  Opposing players seem to have career nights vs the Knicks at the garden.  But home court should be protected.  I guess thats where the defense comes in right? But what defense? 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I'm a new bandwagon Knick's fan, but DAMN, yall Knick fans CRAAAZY. I thought Raider's fan turn on their players....  Melo and Amare shouldn't be going anywhere. In the last game, I saw glimpses of a GREAT team. Did yall pay attention to that first quarter??? That's what the Knicks are gonna be. Moving the ball around, getting easy baskets. Lin set up Melo for a pick and roll for a 15 fter... and Melo threw a dime right from Lin to Amare for a layup. It was smooth first quarter, and mark my words, when the Knicks get it together, that's how it's gonna be. I'm a Lin fan and of course I want the Knicks to win for him to succeed. I thought Lin should have waaaaaaay more PNR with Melo. Melo has a nasty mid- range game so why not utilize that? I mean we only lost by 8 and it was an off night with the Novak, JR missing 3pt AND there hasn't been a full practice with the whole team healthy. So much potential for this team, just wait for everyone to be rolling on all cylinders, it's gonna be Naaaaastay..... It's funny reading this thread cause some of yall sound like yall panicking to death. I can only imagine if you got lost in the woods, real tears would be shedding from yall in 5 minutes 
laugh.gif
260zfaa.jpg

At least you admit it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I'm a new bandwagon Knick's fan, but DAMN, yall Knick fans CRAAAZY. I thought Raider's fan turn on their players....  Melo and Amare shouldn't be going anywhere. In the last game, I saw glimpses of a GREAT team. Did yall pay attention to that first quarter??? That's what the Knicks are gonna be. Moving the ball around, getting easy baskets. Lin set up Melo for a pick and roll for a 15 fter... and Melo threw a dime right from Lin to Amare for a layup. It was smooth first quarter, and mark my words, when the Knicks get it together, that's how it's gonna be. I'm a Lin fan and of course I want the Knicks to win for him to succeed. I thought Lin should have waaaaaaay more PNR with Melo. Melo has a nasty mid- range game so why not utilize that? I mean we only lost by 8 and it was an off night with the Novak, JR missing 3pt AND there hasn't been a full practice with the whole team healthy. So much potential for this team, just wait for everyone to be rolling on all cylinders, it's gonna be Naaaaastay..... It's funny reading this thread cause some of yall sound like yall panicking to death. I can only imagine if you got lost in the woods, real tears would be shedding from yall in 5 minutes 
laugh.gif

At least you admit it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Can't deny it, man. I'm rooting for the Knicks, on every single play like, I'm rooting for my Raiders. I guess in these young folks term, LEGGO Knicks
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

At least you admit it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Can't deny it, man. I'm rooting for the Knicks, on every single play like, I'm rooting for my Raiders. I guess in these young folks term, LEGGO Knicks
laugh.gif

You haven't seen the Knicks enough (without) Jeremy Lin to understand that even with a good PG, Melo & Amare should not be on the same team. 

So I'm back. Missed the Mavs game (west coast showed a rerun of a Thunder game instead of Knicks) but saw the Nets game
30t6p3b.gif
Made some money betting on the game though
pimp.gif
I watched in the sports betting spot so it had no sound on the big screen. How come Shump didn't play? Anyway, saw a lot of good things in this game. If we only played better D we would've won. Great to see Earl and Baron out there.

I might try to read through the pages I missed.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

At least you admit it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You haven't seen the Knicks enough (without) Jeremy Lin to understand that even with a good PG, Melo & Amare should not be on the same team. 
True, I've only heard what it was like before. One on one ball basically, and I see it from time to time in the last 8 Knicks game I've watched. But it's mind blowing for me to hear people wanna trade Amare or Melo with a point guard right now..... I just don't believe these 2 Superstars are bigger than the team. Especially with Chandler's experience of winning a Chip. He is one of the key factors in spreading the word on winning and teamwork. I think the identity of this team has change for the better. Don't fall into the hype of the media and bash our team, these reporters are out to troll. They can and will co-exist. We all know that Lin is a facilitator, however if the TEAM buys into passing more and moving more, the offense is gonna be potent. I admit, when Lin isn't in, the team looks like they are not cutting or screening as much. Dantoni should be telling them to do that at all times, whether Lin is on the floor or not. You see that one pass at the end from Melo to Amare when Lin fouled out???? There's so much firepower, and we ain't even talking about JR and the rest of the gang yet...... But we'll see in the next 10 games, cause this will be the true test. I think the Knicks know it, and I believe they will come together to make this work.....

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ these last 20+ pages. No need to even taint posts anymore by quoting the absurdness I've read.

roll.gif
@ shhh Knicks fans say Lin edition though. "Nah that was Bill Walker", "Give me that soy sauce", "Isn't it ironic Marbury is in China and Lin is in MSG? Are you racist!?"

The only person I'm worried about is Amar'e.
But some of that, at least on the offense, got dismissed last game.
Showed some of that explosion from last year.

so a year ago today, Carmelo was officially traded to the knicks....i don't need to ask tim teufel about his thoughts lol but..Thoughts about the trade now?

I think we can all agree that if the Knicks don't win a super bowl tonight against a Joe Johnson-less, pause, Hawks team that is time to blow the team up.

But in all honesty lets look back at the 1st year with Melo.

Knicks were barely over .500 before the trade that sent 3, or 4, of our starters for 2 starters.
There was very little practice time to gel
Billups did not run D'Antoni's system (no practice time to learn it)
We make the playoffs and get swept. Game 1 were were cheated of a win, Stat got hurt during WARM UPS in game 2. Billups was out too. Melo did all he could.
the start of the '11-'12 season is delayed and shortened due to the lockout.
There is not enough time for the new "big three" to get enough reps together
Amar'e's back injury is a lot more serious that we thought and he is probably playing himself into shape
WE DON'T HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD TO START THE SEASON
Shump gets hurt and Baron doesn't play any minutes in the first 30 games
We sign Lin because he was there
Jorts gets hurt
D'Antoni is on the hot seat and Lin's contract is about to be voided so he plays
Lin blows up
Stat's brother dies, misses a week
Melo get hurts, misses a week
We sign Swish (JR Smiths walks across the room)
We get everyone back against the Nets after an emotional win over Dallas the night before
The first 3 minutes gives everyone hope of what we can do on the court
WE CANT THROW THE BALL IN THE OCEAN
Nets go coco bongo from downtown
we lose

This team needs time. The all-star break should help us.

Everyone sit the FUUUUUU Down.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so a year ago today, Carmelo was officially traded to the knicks....i don't need to ask tim teufel about his thoughts lol but..Thoughts about the trade now?

We gave up a lot, but I'm one of the people that thinks that you have to make that move because all those complimentary pieces could be replaced.

I didn't always feel that way, though. Before the Lin thing I was starting to hate the trade.

It's definitely a unique situation, but I think we pretty much recreated the depth that we had last year. We might even be deeper than last year per-Melo.

Time will tell, though.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I think we can all agree that if the Knicks don't win a super bowl tonight against a Joe Johnson-less, pause, Hawks team that is time to blow the team up.

But in all honesty lets look back at the 1st year with Melo.

Knicks were barely over .500 before the trade that sent 3, or 4, of our starters for 2 starters.
There was very little practice time to gel
Billups did not run D'Antoni's system (no practice time to learn it)
We make the playoffs and get swept. Game 1 were were cheated of a win, Stat got hurt during WARM UPS in game 2. Billups was out too. Melo did all he could.
the start of the '11-'12 season is delayed and shortened due to the lockout.
There is not enough time for the new "big three" to get enough reps together
Amar'e's back injury is a lot more serious that we though and he is probably playing himself into shape
WE DON'T HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD TO START THE SEASON
Shump gets hurt and Baron doesn't play any minutes in the first 30 games
We sign Lin because he was there
Jorts gets hurt
D'Antoni is on the hot seat and Lin's contract is about to be voided so he plays
Lin blows up
Stat's brother dies, misses a week
Melo get hurs, misses a week
We sign Swish (JR Smiths walks across the room)
We get everyone back against the Nets after an emotions win over dallas the night before
The first 3 minutes gives everyone hope of what we can do on the court
WE CANT THROW THE BALL IN THE OCEAN
Nets go coco bongo from downtown
we lose

This team needs time. The all-star break should help us.

Everyone sit the FUUUUUU Down.

Great post!

This is a long !##$ post so get a drink or something before you start reading:

I still think it was the right move. Like HTTB said, I believed that the players we lost can be easily replaced and while it may have taken longer than expected we are regaining depth. To make deep runs in the playoffs you need specific players, one of them being a perimeter guy who can score at will which Melo provides.

As much as people go on about how we gave up great young players, prior to the trade everyone said we had nothing that could acquire a player of Melo's stature. Once we made they trade, these guys are considered invaluable. Yet they fail to acknowledge the fact that:

Raymond Felton was starting to come back down to Earth after playing like a borderline all-star
Gallo only showed up every other game until a few weeks before the deadline
The only reason as to why we were winning was due to Amare literally carrying the team with multiple 30 point games.
Our team was made up of SFs playing out of position the majority of the time
Mozgov had just learned how to catch a few games before the trade.
We were 3-8 if I remember correctly heading into All-Star Weekend/Trading dealine time. Amare was starting to breakdown.

People then talk about how Denver didn't need an adjustment period. Denver was team composed of role players...all they have to do is continue playing the roles that's set for them. Those aren't the kind of guys you adjust and change your whole offense for in my opinion, compared to getting a Top 10 player and a veteran PG with playoff experience in Billups. Those are guys who have bigger effects on teams, so bigger changes will need to occur when you fit them into a new scheme. Especially when you have another star in Amare.

During those games Billups was out, we saw Melo and Amare actually trying to form a two man game. Amare was still averaging about 23+ at least if I remember correctly. The potential was there (still is). I think they both want to win together. The adjustment period was just longer than we all thought it would be with some very rough road bumps and some luck was needed (Lin) to right the ship.

Tyson came here because he saw potential. Baron came here because he saw potential and a chance to keep his career going. J.R. came here because of familiarity with Melo and a chance at proving himself for his next pay day. But they wouldn't come here period if we didn't have the kind of players that attract that type of attention from free agents.

We aren't completely out of the woods yet but as I said before, I'd make the move every time.

if we kept all those pieces do you think the NBA would have traded chris paul to us?

I think so, but honestly I'd rather have Melo, Amar'e, Tyson and Lin than Melo, Amar'e and CP3 (assuming we would have even been able to sign Melo outright, which I doubt).

if we kept all those pieces do you think the NBA would have traded chris paul to us?
what if we had waited and made a trade for Deron Williams? so many possibilities last season and it's funny how things worked out this season. Pretty much what HTTB and 8PM said when it comes to replacing lost pieces and attracting free agents. A year ago if someone told you that Jeremy Lin would be the starting point guard that would lead the knicks to victories (instead of Billups or CP3), you would laugh at that guy. 

jebus christ. its gonna be nothing but record talk of since he was traded here to now. all day.

I'm not one to make excuses but Los definitely hit the nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom