let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Chandle got abused by bosh...smh.

Never wanted to admit it but...Bosh>>>>>>>>STAT

Just because Bosh actually tries on defense makes him better than Stat by default IMO.  I wanted him not State to come to the Knicks last year.

Now don't get me wrong, it's because of him that the buzz around NY started last year, but he hasn't played the same since he's going against 4s and not 5s anymore.

MUg4q.gif

From reading this thread, it would appear that everything D'Antoni has ever done has been wrong. Likewise, everything he chose not to do was also the wrong decision.

Tough game, pick and roll was shut down, players struggled, Heat's defense was great.

it's crazy how much changes in a year. last year we tried hard to verse the heat in the playoffs because e thought stat would dominate bosh. and melo would beast on lebron. melo probably could till but stat its th other way around now smh

That was rough. They beat us to the ball too many times for my liking for offensive rebounds. J.R. and Novak put in work off the bench. I saw effort from the starters but they just couldn't get it going overall, which caused them to force it at times. And a big learning experience for Jeremy.

Seeing them play against the #1 team in the NBA reveals several things.
1.  Lin was rattled.  Hopefully, like a sayan, he will grow stronger after the poor performance.

2. Melo is still rusty

3. Stat is almost useless.

Meh

With the way Lin was rattled and not ready for this playoff level type of intensity he should've deferred more to Melo and STAT should've stepped the hell up. Tyson aint really have an answer for Bosh and there were simply too many damn turnovers. Melo aint get to be a threat to the point Novak, JR, etc. could get more open shots.

Shump not being here hurt but I'm more disappointed in Fields. I remember end of last season I said he should be modeling his game after Pierce. Son should not have wasted time shooting a 1000 3s and still being so poor at it. Work on his fade away, post up shots, pick n pops, and other spot up shots to create a very good mid range game. Just disappointed in the lack of improvement which I feel could've helped when you see us in a game against one of the league's best.

EDIT

I do not understand at all how yall blame this on Melo before you mention STAT's performance. Melo let Lin run the offense and this is what yall got. I seen the first Melo iso this game and yall were complaining. Dude passed, hit the catch and shoot, etc. Only thing I can see yall being mad about is that he didn't make every single shot he took
30t6p3b.gif

They made no attempt to adjust for Bosh that I saw. Also, Novak shouldn't have been on the bench that long. Melo breaks down's defenses with his iso play. Kobe was right. He just needs to play his game and ignore the haters.

don't care about Melo playing Iso or what spots he's in offensively on a night like tonight, same with Amare (once it was obvious the Heat could and would blow up the PRN, Amare was irrelevant). Just find a way to make plays, offense or defense on the boards..whatever. Melo didn't make a non-scoring play until 4 minutes to go with a drive and dump down to Chandler. Amare made a play on the ball for a block in the 1st half. That was pretty much it all night.

Can't play a team with 2 1/2 players that all impact the game in other areas and have 2 on your side that don't do it. Team got outworked tonight and it kind of starts from the top down, Chandler can't cover up for everyone.

Originally Posted by Curious24

melo aint got no shot, aint got no heart either.

Damn it's like that?
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Lin had a horrible game tonight but I attribute that more to the Heat's stifling defense than Linsanity being a fluke.

Back
Top Bottom