let this thread die (NYK)

If they're not switching to a mismatch (how many times has Stat ended up guarding the opposing team's PG on the perimeter?), they're lazily going under the screen.  Above everything else, this has to be the most frustrating thing to watch.
I don't understand how they can watch Lin get trapped on the PnR night in and night out and then insist on doing one of the two when they attempt to defend against it.

Tyson should have signed elsewhere.

Trade everybody.

Originally Posted by Freddie Black

If they're not switching to a mismatch (how many times has Stat ended up guarding the opposing team's PG on the perimeter?), they're lazily going under the screen.  Above everything else, this has to be the most frustrating thing to watch.
I don't understand how they can watch Lin get trapped on the PnR night in and night out and then insist on doing one of the two when they attempt to defend against it.

Tyson should have signed elsewhere.

Trade everybody.
I agree with you on the frustration of the watching the Knicks defensive philosphy of switching on every screen and not having anyone fight through. But relax ,this team still has time to grow and improve. 
laugh.gif
@ "trade everybody."

Originally Posted by quik1987

Why was Baron playing so much today? He was 0-7 from the floor.
He's been creating for others a bit better than Lin lately and not as many turnovers. He's not really out there to score a bunch.

This game was just more proof that Tyson is our MVP..Not saying that the Knicks would have won if he played, but these dudes wouldn't have like 158 points in the paint with him playing..Not to mention nobody could grab a rebound, which is another one of Tyson's strengths

Damn we have to at least beat Mil and Phi, and then maybe even Por. I'd say the schedule gets a lil easier since we face Phi, Tor, Indy, Det, and Mil again before we face Orl and Atl.

We have to at least get consistent with out offense and hopefully are defensive guys are healthy enough to make the difference.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This game was just more proof that Tyson is our MVP..Not saying that the Knicks would have won if he played, but these dudes wouldn't have like 158 points in the paint with him playing..Not to mention nobody could grab a rebound, which is another one of Tyson's strengths

Agreed. I still would like to see more of an effort from the rest of the team in his absence.

The knicks are back!!!.....to losing, that is!! smh this isn't good 
tired.gif
   I don't even want to read what you guys are saying in this thread

whattup Knicks fans, I have a question to ask of you:

What do you guys think of Lin?

Obviously everyone has an opinion on the guy, but what do you as tried and true fans of the team think of him?

Deferring-Lin is nowhere near as good as In-Over-His-Head-Lin. I'd love to see the kid go back to being a lot more aggressive.

i said this over at realgm

i've been thinking that we should seperate melo and stat since last year....but this will NEVER happen. We didn't pay melo and stat nearly 20 mil each to be on the second unit. But this can actually work.
First unit, I would rather have lin, shump, novak, stat, tyson
Lin works very well with the PnR with both stat and tyson and he manages to find novak open in the perimeter. Add shump in there for defensive pressure and fast breaks.
Bring out the second unit with baron, jr smith/landy (preferably jr), melo, jeffries, and jorts. Baron seems to find jr smith very well and he can work well with melo. Jeffries and Jorts are in there to defend the paint.
So, the first unit is more of attacking the basket, while the second unit has shooters. Both unit has good defense, as well. I really wish dantoni try this out and see how it turns out.

Originally Posted by Nash

whattup Knicks fans, I have a question to ask of you:

What do you guys think of Lin?

Obviously everyone has an opinion on the guy, but what do you as tried and true fans of the team think of him?

niketalk

Originally Posted by jehims

i said this over at realgm

i've been thinking that we should seperate melo and stat since last year....but this will NEVER happen. We didn't pay melo and stat nearly 20 mil each to be on the second unit. But this can actually work.
First unit, I would rather have lin, shump, novak, stat, tyson
Lin works very well with the PnR with both stat and tyson and he manages to find novak open in the perimeter. Add shump in there for defensive pressure and fast breaks.
Bring out the second unit with baron, jr smith/landy (preferably jr), melo, jeffries, and jorts. Baron seems to find jr smith very well and he can work well with melo. Jeffries and Jorts are in there to defend the paint.
So, the first unit is more of attacking the basket, while the second unit has shooters. Both unit has good defense, as well. I really wish dantoni try this out and see how it turns out.

You really think Melo is gonna be cool w. coming off the bench?? 

I get where you're coming from...but I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

We definitely lost last night because of Melo . He made Tony Parker go off and is the reason the Spurs dropped 120 in regulation. Ignore the fact him ans JR were the most efficient scorers last night and has his best game since injury .

Lin looked better w/o the STAT & Melo because it was easier to hide him on defense. Since the Miami game he has been kind of exposed. Can't go left, if he get trapped it seems like he has no idea what to do. Went to the T-Doug school of dribbling by picking up his dribble way too early. The way he is playing defense he better improve his offensive game

Shump can't defend everyone.

Last night was the first time in a while Novak couldn't get a lot of spacing.

Next PG to score 20+ that is not a superstar . I'm gonna start the get the T-Doug or Bibby burn movement. Their defense can't be as bad as Lin

If Shump could play actual PG we could sometime actually play big and still be athletic.

Fields is good with the 2nd unit cause Diddy is moving the ball and Fields is always cutting.

Even though he is playing like crap maybe J.R. should start so he can be a 3pt threat with the first unit

I don't know, I looked at it several times as I often pay attention to our players attitudes and body language but when Amare got into a altercation with a Spurs player I observed most players on the floor get involved in getting in between Amare and the Spur player (don't remember who), it looked to me as if this could have escalated to fight if not for the surrounding players intervention as Amare appeared to moving towards his opponent even as players and refs tried to keep the players separated.

I observed Carmelo kind of just look semi interested and not really get involved. I thought he should have showed more support for Amare. What was even more strange was watching Lin avoid the support for Amare and walk around the players on his way over to the bench for....I don't know what. Then it dawned on me that during this loosing stretch I often see him with this no expressionor no spirit look on his face even when he gets repeatedly burned on defense, gets out hustled or commits a turnover. Maybe he's just young or somehow becomes detached during theses times but it kind of concerns me. We are used to more emotion and personal expression from our players in the past, as fans we need to know they care, we neid to know that they are upset as we are upset when they fail or disappoint. What do you guys/gals think.

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom