let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I hope they learned how to get Melo the ball in the post.. having Mike Bibby and JR Smith try to pass the ball over Lebron and Battier simply won't get the job done.

That's on Woodson for failing to adjust, he better have a plan this next game, his job is probably on the line if they get embarrassed this series.

Don't know about blaming Woodson. Stat has to come to play,if not we lose again

As much as I like STAT, when you start to have those back issues its difficult to be consistent. There will be nights he will look
eek.gif
with his explosiveness, and nights where he can barely even lift off the ground. We won't see anything positive from STAT unless his back issues subside, its been bad for the past two seasons.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

They have to learn how to space the floor.
It's more about movement really. Extra defenders can't cheat over if you keep them honest by moving. It's easy to recover when you know that your man is going to be standing in the same place you left him. 

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lin Takes Step Back In Recovery On Sunday[/h3]
Apr 30, 2012 9:37 AM EDT

Lin_Jeremy_nyk_120207.jpg

Jeremy Lin reported that he took “a step back’’ Sunday when his knee didn’t react well to his extensive pregame workout on Saturday.

Lin is not considering returning for Game 2 on Monday, or Game 3 in New York on Thursday.

“I’ll see how I feel at the end of the week,’’ he said. “But I don’t want to make a promise.’’

Lin hasn't taken contact since the injury and only run a few times.

Via Mitch Lawrence/New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...cks-article-1.1069647?localLinksEnabled=false

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

They have to learn how to space the floor.
It's more about movement really. Extra defenders can't cheat over if you keep them honest by moving. It's easy to recover when you know that your man is going to be standing in the same place you left him. 
Movement without proper spacing is pointless.  One reason the Knicks beasted w/out STAT is the fact that the lane opened up since he and Chandler werent clogging the paint.

Exactly. Have to keep the court spread out with shooting threats. That's how we beat Miami before the Melo trade. I don't even remember how we managed to beat Miami last year after the Melo trade.
laugh.gif

Novak, JR (dare i say Landry) need to keep the defense honest. That allows Melo space to operate if Amar'e can prove to be a threat, too. Our problem was everyone was able to help off their man. Ball movement is just as important. Have to keep guys honest if Melo's gonna get any chance to play.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lin Takes Step Back In Recovery On Sunday[/h3]
Apr 30, 2012 9:37 AM EDT

Lin_Jeremy_nyk_120207.jpg

Jeremy Lin reported that he took “a step back’’ Sunday when his knee didn’t react well to his extensive pregame workout on Saturday.

Lin is not considering returning for Game 2 on Monday, or Game 3 in New York on Thursday.

“I’ll see how I feel at the end of the week,’’ he said. “But I don’t want to make a promise.’’

Lin hasn't taken contact since the injury and only run a few times.

Via Mitch Lawrence/New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...cks-article-1.1069647?localLinksEnabled=false

I know this sounds foul, but good. Stay away from the court. Heal up. Lin doesn't need to be rushed back. Take your time. Don't want to risk a long term injury (or Lin playing great [we'd still lose] and upping his price in free agency and hurting us even more).

I put the offensive woes on Woodson too. If you see STAT not being aggressive call plays for him. We know not gonna initate much in the iso. Every time the ball isn't gong in Melo's hands there should be a pnr with STAT and work the offense through him for guys like Novak (shooting), Fields (penetrating), and JR (creating) to get off. It seemed to me once the 3rd started he was resigned to just learn from this loss and focus on game 2. Defense did not adjust to Lebron at all either.

The spacing was fine last game. The problem was we turned the ball over. Plus when you look at the #s it wasn't like STAT was getting fed the ball a lot.

Woodson's job is to make adjustments. If players aren't doing their job or spacing is bad, then make changes.

I don't get on Amare because I honestly don't expect much from him anymore. I'm not ready to call him a bum for life, but his lack of effort is insulting. He's much less effective without a good PG, and if he's not hitting his jumper he's not doing much good. I want him to get back in a groove and I'm going to be thrilled if/when he does.. But I haven't seen much to be optimistic about with he, Melo, and Tyson all on the floor together.

Chandler alone had 7 turnovers, it was just uncharacteristic and he's been on bed rest the past few days. He shouldn't even be playing tonight, but with Shump out the Knicks need any help they can get.

Keep a close eye on the refs this game. They wanted the spotlight now they have it. Can't even remember the last time so many talk shows have been talking of how bad the refs hav been this year. If the refs come out and do the same thing as game 1 I'll know the fix is in for sure so the heat can get their rings this year.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Keep a close eye on the refs this game. They wanted the spotlight now they have it. Can't even remember the last time so many talk shows have been talking of how bad the refs hav been this year. If the refs come out and do the same thing as game 1 I'll know the fix is in for sure so the heat can get their rings this year.
Don't know why the league would want to screw their largest media market & make this a short series.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Don't know why the league would want to screw their largest media market & make this a short series.
I was thinking this, but the foul disparity in Game 1 is the only reason we even have to think about this.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

That crosses my mind all the time. The disparity is crazy, though. I try my best to judge without bias, and it just didn't seem like it was being called evenly both ways.

Back
Top Bottom