let this thread die (NYK)

Including a guy like Shump for a 39 year old player is exactly the reason why this franchise has been a laughing stock since Dolan took over.

I hope the guy is not this idiotic.

Nash Giving Knicks Time To Work On Sign-And-Trade
Jul 03, 2012 9:27 PM EDT

Steve Nash is allowing the Knicks time to create a sign-and-trade deal that would be acceptable to the Suns while also getting him a higher salary, according to a source.

Landry Fields was one player Phoenix was known to have interest in, but he agreed to a $20 million, three-year offer sheet with the Raptors on Tuesday that takes him out of the running.

Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer on the table to Nash.
Via David Aldridge/NBA.com (via Twitter)

werd... trading shump for nash is laughable really... is there even an argument as to why? and some of the broadcasters on espn radio are saying why would you not trade shump for nash... hes a hall of fame pg... think about how garbage our defense already is and if you take out shump and replace with nash its even worse... theres only 2 guys who play defense on this team and thats chandler and shump... it makes no sense to trade him...

If we trade Shump Imma have to take a long break from being a fan and become a rabid Knicks hater. I'm talking belligerent.

this off season is better than 2010.... we have so many teams trying to shake things up with mediocre players.... im glad fields is gone. his 2k12 3 ptr from the corner is wet though... lol

nash better come for peanuts if he's serious about contending... I like lin alot but im not giving him all that guap for 20 something games he showcased his talents.

im from brooklyn so i cant be mad at The Nets for making all those moves. i just hope they dont ballerblock our ambitions for yrs to come...

If we cant get lin for 7 or less let him walk... grab felton and kidd resign smith for 5-7 mil and we good money...

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

If we trade Shump for Nash, I don't know if I'd watch them next year
same. +%#@# not looking to good for us.

If Lin dipsets we go 3 steps forward to only go 5 steps back smfh

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Nash Giving Knicks Time To Work On Sign-And-Trade
Jul 03, 2012 9:27 PM EDT

Steve Nash is allowing the Knicks time to create a sign-and-trade deal that would be acceptable to the Suns while also getting him a higher salary, according to a source.

Landry Fields was one player Phoenix was known to have interest in, but he agreed to a $20 million, three-year offer sheet with the Raptors on Tuesday that takes him out of the running.

Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer on the table to Nash.
Via David Aldridge/NBA.com (via Twitter)

c'mon Steve stop playin hard to get and come home. We know you want to come here

i thought we made great strides in rebuilding our role players after the melo trade.... we picked up lin, novak, shump and jr... now we bout to start breaking it up again slowly but surely... it makes no sense... and i love nash on this team but not at the expense of trading shump... just take the L and sign felton and kidd for the vets minimum and match lins contract and we good... of course resign jr also... not worried about novak we will get him if not im down to get purp again 

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Mavericks Won't Pursue Dragic[/h3]
Jul 03, 2012 9:30 PM EDT

Dragic_Goran_hou_110628.jpg

The Mavericks will not pursue Goran Dragic, according to a source.

Dragic is the subject of a bidding war between the Rockets and Suns.

Dallas lost out on Deron Williams on Tuesday when he agreed to re-sign with the Nets.

Even if we were to get Nash, we're still missing a few key pieces.

I know that there's a lot of time left but I'm getting a little antsy hearing about all of this movement from other teams and nothing on our front.
If we trade Shump...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dragic still wants 10 mil per and to start. Even if we could give him the money which we can't I'm not sure Dolan would okay Lin coming off the bench unless it's Nash. If anything we'd have to wait until a team offered Lin a back loaded contract, convince Dolan that Lin isn't that good and we can get Dragic, a better player for cheaper instead.
sign and trade. Rockets met with Lin today. Id happily pay Dragic almost $10 mil before paying Lin 5-6 over the long term. As you have all said we are not getting under the salary cap any time soon so it is all about which PG gives us the best chance to win moving forward, and in this case it is clearly Goran. So even if we have to be the team to give him close to $10 mil to sign him i say pull the trigger.
Since Dragic seems like an impossibility at this point. My short list is down to Nash then Lin as far as priority. Dragic was #1 on my list. But it seems like Hou realized what they had and are now shopping Lowry which I would assume means they are going to throw everything they have at Dragic to keep him. Lowry would be nice, but I think Hou would want too much for him. But I wouldnt be mad if we could somehow get Lowry either. 

If we get/keep either of those 3 guys I would be happy. But in my eyes Lin was the 3rd option there as far as talent and what he would bring to our team ON THE FLOOR. It just annoys me that what a player brings OFF the floor matters more to our front office. 

If we end up with Lin, I wouldnt be pissed. The only thing that would piss me off is if it comes out that we didnt even try for those other guys because we were content with signing a player who thas more off the court appeal than he does on the court.

THIS. I like Lin,  really do. But I HATE us looking past better options at the point just because they like marketing off of Lin. We need to make some moves and I cant see this team winning a ring with Lin. He controls the ball too much and is a turnover machine, I dont think him and Melo fit at all. 

And we better hope that the Nets dont get Dwight cause as much as I hate to say it a lineup of Deron, JJ, Wallace, Humphries, and Dwight is an instant championship while our lineup of Lin, Shumpert (injured), Melo, Amare, Chandler is still at least 2 major moves away, and they dont fit well which I see that Nets lineup doing very well if they can make it happen. Deron/Howard would run the show, Joe is unselfish and would be fine taking the backseat as a 3rd option kind of like the role we were looking to get him in bck in 2010, and Wallace/Humphries are great for defense/rebounding respectively.

GR8, they won't have Hump b/c they picked up Reggie Evans from the Clips. The same Reggie that I was saying the Knicks should have went after.
laugh.gif

My instincts are telling me the Knicks are thinking about matching Toronto's offer to Landry so they can use him in a sign and trade. Good move if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

My instincts are telling me the Knicks are thinking about matching Toronto's offer to Landry so they can use him in a sign and trade. Good move if you ask me.
I was thinking this too, not sure how that would work. I would also need a guarantee from the Suns that they would do the trade if we matched Fields' contract. Plus with him in AZ he gonna end up being closer to his gf in LA, everyone's happy
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

If the Knicks match Toronto's offer they can't trade him. That's the beauty of it (from Raptors perspective) since it eliminates one of the scarce trade pieces the Knicks have to offer for a S&T.

I REFUSE to believe all this Shumpert talk. It's speculation from the media and fans...nothing has came out to indicate the Knicks brass are thinking of moving him.

Shump ain't goin no damn where 
laugh.gif

He's too important to the defensive culture of the team to trade him for O. 

It's so nice knowing I'll never have to witness Landry laying brick after brick again...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jeremy Lin withdraws from USA select team[/h1]

New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin has withdrawn from the USA men's select team that will train this month against the 2012 USA basketball men's national team during training camp in Las Vegas.

Lin told USA Basketball Monday that he was withdrawing because he is now a NBA restricted free agent.

"Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to participate in the 2012 USA men's select team this summer," said Lin.

"It was such an incredible honor to be selected, but I have withdrawn my name from the team because of my status as a free agent. I hope to have the opportunity to participate with USA Basketball at some point in the future."

Members of the USA select team will be in Nevada, beginning July 5 to train with the USA national team. The national team opens its training camp a day later.

Damn, I was hoping Lin would have had the chance of scrimmaging against the league's best PG's to improve on his game, not happening anymore. 

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

S&T Lin for Dragic? What's stopping that?

Exactly. If they are willing to give Lin that $, and we should be willing to pay Dragic which they reportedly are not. What is stopping this deal from happening? especially since we could give Dragic the $ that he wants in a S&T which we would not have the money to do so in Free Agency

And if we trade shump for nash, forget about it. I may have to take a year off from basketball. That better be just media speculation, we couldn't possibly be so stupid

Back
Top Bottom