let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I don't see Nash making us a much better team, Amar'e a dramatically improved player or bringing us anywhere close to a being a championship contender.

Steve's not gonna stop Melo from being an isolation wing player, he's not gonna stop Chandler from taking Amar'e's paint position and he's not gonna make STAT and offensive rebounder so he can get easier buckets.

He will continue to get abused by opposing guards, though. It'll just be Jrue, Rondo, Wade and Rose instead of Westbrook, Isaiah Thomas and CP3.

The construction of this team with our "big 3" is what it is. We just needed to add more pieces to make a more complete team...not take away a critical piece for another big name.

Kidd or Dragic would've brought similar results and allowed us to be a more complete team.

Scoring would be better hands down which is what lacked last season after Woodson came . I prefer Lin and Kidd Nd keeping the squad together. As opposed as giving up Shump and stuff given the defensive improvement that we've made.

Do the Knicks Have a Better Chance to win an NBA Title with Steve Nash or Iman Shumpert?
Clearly Nash. 

We have Melo & Stat signed for another 3-4 years, as much as they don't compliment each other some things need to be done to try to at least blend these guys together. 

I love Shump, as far as I'm concerned the Raptors are screwing us; however, the time is now. Our window of some opportunity is closing.

You can not say anything about defense this upcoming season.

This team has no consistency. The longest tenure on this team is Toney Douglas with 3 years.
They can't possibly win a championship if the roster keeps turning over every 6 months. This group really seemed to like each other

JR is not staying and the Knicks will only have the 3m exception

I hate losing Shump but you guys are completely overvaluing him. Top 5 SG in the future? Huh? He's coming off an ACL surgery and his biggest asset along with his defense was his athletic ability. Who knows how much of that he still has left. If the Knicks underachieve this year it's I'm 99% sure it's gonna be because of Melo. Point blank he's a ball stopper and completely overrated. 

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

just call Toronto and tell them withdraw the offer they gave Fields. Then use Fields in the S+T for Nash. There is a boatload of FAs toronto can give 20 mill to
laugh.gif
Like they're just gonna do that to help us out. They know we want to use Fields to trade for Nash and keep Shump. That's why they offered him a deal we will most likely not match.

Most frustrating franchise ever.

Only logical thing I can think of is Shumperts acl/rehab.

Regardless, these are just temporary fixes. In 2 years were gna be starting all over.

Nash has a good 1-2 years at best to play at a high level, Knicks window to win is pretty much 3 years TOPS.

They obviously want to win NOW but you don't trade a young kid like Shump.

Donnie Walsh took his time to help his team go under the cap, develop young talent, add depth, and once he did so Dolan repayed him but under-cutting him on the Melo trade, and is now doing whatever the hell he wants.

Winning a chip would be nice, but after 2-3 years this team will be back in the toilet......time is ticking.

Who plays defense beisdes Melo (who tries), Jorts, and Tyson Chandler?

...and don't say Jeffries dude just takes charges like a B.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Winning a chip would be nice, but after 2-3 years this team will be back in the toilet......time is ticking.

laugh.gif
I couldnt help but think of those late 30's women that feel like they have that Biological Clock ticking. and they try to get that baby, don't matter which scumball they get to give it to em. But they will do it. 
Sorry just something that shoulda went in the random thought thread.
laugh.gif

For some reason I don't think well give Shump . A gut feeling we won't .Why aren't pursuing Dragic with Kidd as backup ? Lin is most likely gone , they're asking too much for Nash.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

For some reason I don't think well give Shump . A gut feeling we won't .
I remember when Denver wanted Fields and I felt the same way.... I was TIGHT. And we kept him @ the end of the day, I was so relieved. and now look
laugh.gif
cats is rejoicing. 

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

For some reason I don't think well give Shump . A gut feeling we won't .
I remember when Denver wanted Fields and I felt the same way.... I was TIGHT. And we kept him @ the end of the day, I was so relieved. and now look
laugh.gif
cats is rejoicing. 

laugh.gif
I remember that ! Now were wishing we woulda kept Gallo or Felton instead . Smh but nah Shump is light years ahead of Fields whether he plays this season or not hes somebody we NEED on this team whether is now or moving forward.

If this trade does go through and we end up giving Nash $10 mil for the next 3 seasons...and we match that $40 mill offer for Lin, do we have any room left to resign JR or any body else?

What would be our 2 guard situation?

Are there any other options on the table at that point?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is it official? I haven't been following all day, I just saw Proph post an angry message on my wall on FB
laugh.gif

Lol I jumped the gun but hopefully they find that third team

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

If this trade does go through and we end up giving Nash $10 mil for the next 3 seasons...and we match that $40 mill offer for Lin, do we have any room left to resign JR or any body else?

What would be our 2 guard situation?

Are there any other options on the table at that point?

Prolly not

Lin got offered 4 years 30 mill by Houston which is a good deal . Hopefully Toronto doesn't offer him 4 years 200 mill

Back
Top Bottom