let this thread die (NYK)

onewearz stay in some wild @#*#
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

Yeah Dragic is nice, but y'all are trippin thinking he's THAT much better than Lin.

-In 28 starts last season, Goran Dragic avg = 18.0 ppg, 8.4 apg, 3.5 rpg

-In 25 starts last yr, Jeremy Lin avg = 18.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, 3.7 rpg

And that's with Dragic playing full seasons with teams. Jeremy hadn't gotten ANY real support from an NBA team before those starts. Imagine how much he can get better really with the top of the line support and training. He's got the work ethic obviously. And with having a team option the 4th year that basically can make his contract 3-year/$20million. Not bad at all considering bum @#% Landry got the same amount. Quit crying about Dragic. He's not Chris Paul just like Lin isn't. We're good. Match it without a doubt.
Post them tunrnover stats though.

I think some of you are over rating Dragic.

He is not that much better than Lin and I'm not even a big fan of Lin.
I actually remembered being called a troll for bad mouthing Lin

^It was probably cuz you were bad mouthing him when he was lighting up any team he faced.

Also you're wrong, Dragic is that much better than Lin. He'll prove it starting for PHX this season. I expect MIP and/or an all-star appearance.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

onewearz stay in some wild @#*#
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

Yeah Dragic is nice, but y'all are trippin thinking he's THAT much better than Lin.

-In 28 starts last season, Goran Dragic avg = 18.0 ppg, 8.4 apg, 3.5 rpg

-In 25 starts last yr, Jeremy Lin avg = 18.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, 3.7 rpg

And that's with Dragic playing full seasons with teams. Jeremy hadn't gotten ANY real support from an NBA team before those starts. Imagine how much he can get better really with the top of the line support and training. He's got the work ethic obviously. And with having a team option the 4th year that basically can make his contract 3-year/$20million. Not bad at all considering bum @#% Landry got the same amount. Quit crying about Dragic. He's not Chris Paul just like Lin isn't. We're good. Match it without a doubt.
Post them tunrnover stats though.
4.7 to 3.2 which is a HUGE difference considering that Lin would by far be the league leader while Gragic would barely make the top 10. Not to mention the fact that Dragic has already spent 3 years backing up Steve Nash and has been good over a much longer sample size than Lin's 2 months, when he was a bench warmer before that. Dragic's efficiency as a starter this season was years in the works as a great young backup and now he is ready to take the next step. Lin had 2 months that came out of nowhere and he looked like garbage the minute that Melo got back. He has given me nothing to believe that he can run this team at full strength and utilize a guy like Melo like he needs to be utilized and not just win us games with "Linsanity." Because vs teams like Miami "Linsanity" will not be enough to do it, and our best scorers like Melo and Amare need to be the ones to get the job done, and I am not sold on Lin's ability to get them working to their full potential.
And its not like im just heated about Dragic or Lowry like they were some unrealistic fantasy or some #!!!. Im just pissed off considering that both of them could have been the answer we are looking for moving forward, and were both RIGHT out there for the taking, and it was made even easier for us with Houston's interest in Jeremy Lin... YET we chose instead to keep Lin aboard because of what seems like the money he is capable of making. I mean what other reason would there be to not work out a sign and trade of Lin for either of those guys unless we TRULY believe that Lin is the best of those 3 PGs which I cant believe Grunwald is dumb enough to think?? Us and the Rockets had the same objective with Jeremy Lin, the money from the Asian market, and you cannot be thinking with your wallet when you are trying to build a contender, which we say that we are doing... And than instead of going after one of those 2 players for probably nothing other than Lin himself we chose to chase a 37 year old Steve Nash while floating the name of our emerging 22 year old SG in what seemed like yet another desperate attempt to get Dolan that big name and another opportunity to sell more jerseys/tickets.

If we put all of the marketing and bull #!!! that has nothing to do with winning basketball games aside we could have had Dragic/Lowry here in the backcourt with Shumpert still here at the 2 but we !@%#**! blew it just because theyre not the same kind of brand name that Lin or Nash is. And that is why I think with an owner like Dolan, who doesnt know #!!! and puts his pocket before our win/loss record, we wont ever win a championship while a team like San Antonio has won multiple championships this decade because they know what the  best moves are to WIN BASKETBALL GAMES and have consistently been able to do so without chasing the biggest names every summer. That is what makes this bull #!!! so tough for me to cope with. It all goes back to Dolan. Why shouldnt I be pissed when we keep overlooking players who put us in the best position to win and there is no end in sight?

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by Big J 33

And at least with Kidd, they can always use his son's head as a spare basketball if they lose the game ball.
I won't be surprised if/when Kidd retires before his contract is up.

true story , i got some courtside tix for the nets and got there alittle late. the seats were right next to the nets bench. when i get there im excited cause of the seats and while i was taking my coat off someone caught a dunk right in front of us. i yelled and yanked my coat off to throw my hands up and wound up elbowing kidd's son in the head
laugh.gif

the kid fell and started screaming , he was like 4 or five at the time , i just stood there. the nanny or whoever grabbed him and took him away.

i remember ron mercer and richard jefferson laughing about it and someone telling kidd what happened and him looking at me kinda crazy
laugh.gif

that kid musta turned turned that lady's crotch into hamburger helper
laugh.gif
My man!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  at hamburger helper

^It was probably cuz you were bad mouthing him when he was lighting up any team he faced.

Also you're wrong, Dragic is that much better than Lin. He'll prove it starting for PHX this season. I expect MIP and/or an all-star appearance.

Nah this was after the 6 game losing streak.

Wanna make an Avy bet? Whoever has the best numbers by all star break (barring injuries) between Lin and Dragic. One of us has to get an actual Avy of the person with the best stats for the rest of the season.
If you win I rock with Dragic. If I win you get Lin.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Nah this was after the 6 game losing streak.

Wanna make an Avy bet? Whoever has the best numbers by all star break (barring injuries) between Lin and Dragic. One of us has to get an actual Avy of the person with the best stats for the rest of the season.
If you win I rock with Dragic. If I win you get Lin.
Deal
laugh.gif

If I lose that'll be my first avy for this SN. We're just going with stats though cuz I'm sure fans will vote Lin in to the all-star game
laugh.gif

As for you being called a troll during that period I guess ppl still had hope he'd bounce back and were thinking he'd be that much better than he is or maybe it was one of those Lin stans that aren't really Knick fans.
Originally Posted by DubA169

if we werent signing lin then you would all be FURIOUS haha
At this point definitely. Like who gonna be happy with Kidd and possibly signing Felton? or going back to point forward Melo? or even worse TD?

There were just some pgs the Knicks never even contacted it seems or they felt there wasn't a real chance so they didn't even inquire i.e. Dragic. I was never keen on Lowry though, I might be premature but he seems injury prone.

I can't believe there are Knicks fans in here who are just talking about Lin like dude is some bum. I think the problem for many is either you have unrealistic expectations of what Lin should be in your mind or you just are a pessimist who believes he absolutely can't get any better at his age and wont improve anything with his game. The latter is absolutely ridiculous to me considering his age and the fact that he is known as a hard worker since his time in the league.

Do I think Lin will put up #'s of 25 and 8 consistently like he did during the Lin-Sanity run? No I don't and he doesn't HAVE to.

Lin is a solid PG who can easily avg 15 and 8....and under Kidd's tutelage and with his work ethic what reason do any of us have to believe that he won't get better and cut down on turnovers?!

Basketball is not the kind of sport where you just come in and play as good as Lin did and just fall off. This is isn't baseball where a player gets called up and goes on a HR tear never to be heard from again. He is not a flash in the pan player. Will he be a superstar? I don't think so but I do believe he can be a damn good solid starting point in this league. He is young and has a ton of upside; discovering his talents this season was like getting a lottery pick. Whens the last time we had a young PG that had some skill that we really could get excited about?!

Relax and enjoy the ride guys!!

Lets Go Knicks!!

At this point definitely. Like who gonna be happy with Kidd and possibly signing Felton? or going back to point forward Melo? or even worse TD?

There were just some pgs the Knicks never even contacted it seems or they felt there wasn't a real chance so they didn't even inquire i.e. Dragic. I was never keen on Lowry though, I might be premature but he seems injury prone.

There wasn't a real chance though. How would we have gotten Dragic? We only have the 3 mill from MLE and no way we could have done a sign and trade, unless you wanted to S&T Shump for Dragic, but then we would have both Lin & Dragic as our PGs and we would have lost Shump.

Lin isn't that far off from Dragic imo. He's more of a gamble but also has more potential given his limited experience and time in the league.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by Big J 33

And at least with Kidd, they can always use his son's head as a spare basketball if they lose the game ball.
I won't be surprised if/when Kidd retires before his contract is up.

laugh.gif
word. Son look like Ken Griffey on the simpsons.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
 shame on you guys! he is just a little kid! 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

just kidding 
roll.gif

00grif.gif

he may be a little kidd (pun intended) but his heads as big as a sputnik 

head.jpg

Awesome. I've wanted to yell "Head, Move!" So many times in my life but I assumed no one would get the reference.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

There wasn't a real chance though. How would we have gotten Dragic? We only have the 3 mill from MLE and no way we could have done a sign and trade, unless you wanted to S&T Shump for Dragic, but then we would have both Lin & Dragic as our PGs and we would have lost Shump.

Lin isn't that far off from Dragic imo. He's more of a gamble but also has more potential given his limited experience and time in the league.
With the S&Ts we've seen so far, I'd hold out hope we can swindle HOU for Dragic with draft pics until 2040, TD, Jordan, Dan, more crap, etc.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

With the S&Ts we've seen so far, I'd hold out hope we can swindle HOU for Dragic with draft pics until 2040, TD, Jordan, Dan, more crap, etc.
Yea, if we could have done that w/ a second round I would have definitely been up for it. We may end up doing that for Kidd anyway and Lin & Dragic is better than Lin & Kidd. That said though, Isn't Dragic getting paid like 8 per year? I'm not sure our scrubs can add up to enough unless we throw in Shump.

I think the roster has made slight improvements either way though. After this Kidd deal, we'll either have the assets for a S&T or we will have our mini MLE. Hopefully we can get a decent 2 while Shump gets healthy. Can't believe that ridiculous offer Fields got. I actually liked Fields but w/e.

Putting everything in perspective...I'm pretty happy with where the team is right now.

Kidd/Lin is a solid PG combo. Melo is Melo, STAT will improve and Chandler is a rock.

If we can just get Camby or an upgrade at the 2 spot (or if JR improves in the offseason and slashes more), we can make some noise this season.

At the end of the day its all about chemistry and the most important signing is gonna end up being the man with the black iced beard, holding the clipboard.

How far we go really falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom