Lets be honest NT. How often do you READ BOOKS? Vol. What are you reading?

As asked in the title, how often do you actually sit to read a book?
I honestly haven't read much books outside of high school and that was a year and a half ago 
tired.gif

Began reading these 2 books pictured below but with work I hardly find time to finish both..

Pics arnt showing up
30t6p3b.gif
The two books were "Outliers" & "Blink" both by Malcolm Gladwell.

with work and school it's going to very hard..

since i'm not working anymore I have time now....think the last book I read was in the summer of 2010.

I have a Kindle which helps me read a ton now.

I finished Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography a few weeks ago.
Started reading Born To Use Mics: Reading Nas's Illmatic but haven't gotten a chance to really dive into it.

This was probably the last book I read.. and that was about a year ago. Good read in my opinion but I'm not sure about how interested NT would be in a book like this
laugh.gif

400000000000000055434_s4.jpg

I'm a 27 year old college graduate and I haven't read a book from cover to cover since 11th grade. I tend to get overwhelmed in libraries, I never know what to choose.

Honestly, I do most of my reading on NT
30t6p3b.gif

Don't read much during the school year, but I read four books over winter break. 
Still trying to finish the last one, it's called Odyssey by former Apple CEO and marketing Guru Jon Sculley. 

There's been a few threads on "What are you reading"...

But to answer your question, I don't read books leisurely...It's something I wouldn't mind doing...But highly doubt I would.

I read all the time for school. I don't really read outside of school but follow 40 or so blogs so that in itself is a lot of reading every day.
sooperhooper wrote:
I'm a 27 year old college graduate and I haven't read a book from cover to cover since 11th grade. I tend to get overwhelmed in libraries, I never know what to choose. 

30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
 Be honest: you shed tears when WSHH went down today, right? 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

So many book threads on NT, but anyways. . I read daily. . I have 2-3 books lined up at all times that i cycle through until they are finished. I found that reading before going to bed helps me to forget about the day relax my mind and prepare for sleep.

I try to read a book every month or so.  Last one I read was:
devil-in-the-white-city.jpg

Very good non-fiction recount of the Chicago Fair combined with the story of America's first recorded serial killer.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I have a Kindle which helps me read a ton now.

I finished Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography a few weeks ago.
Started reading Born To Use Mics: Reading Nas's Illmatic but haven't gotten a chance to really dive into it.
I almost ordered that off of Amazon just now but hesitated. How is it?
I haven't seen any book threads as of lately and really didn't want to do any grave digging..

Not as much as I'd like to - have a couple right now I'm starting.

The last book I recently finished was:

2a0e1pu.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I read all the time for school. I don't really read outside of school but follow 40 or so blogs so that in itself is a lot of reading every day.
sooperhooper wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

No.
grin.gif

i don't read a lot ... used to read a lot as a kid. i do buy books so i guess i'm just kinda behind

what i'm getting into right now
goosebumps monster edition #2
!C!mERDQB2k~%24%28KGrHqYOKpIEy+jCzob0BNDpY7lNng~~_35.JPG

no joke .. i bought it for a friend, but wanna read it before i give it to him
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

light-up eyes
pimp.gif

Trying to read more. I just finished "Devil in the White City," which was an amazing book. The detail and way the story is told, 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I'm reading "Outliers" right now for my sociology class, as far as non-textbooks go. Not enough time to pick up another book until this term's over. Stats2, Bio102 and Soc204 textbooks are killin me
sick.gif

Gotta finish Guns, Germs and Steel, too. Have had that for almost a year and I'm only like 40% through
30t6p3b.gif

i try to read a chapter before bed

currently reading, "the boys of 67" book about Marines in Veitnam that later on became 3 and 4 star generals

Originally Posted by Noskey

Trying to read more. I just finished "Devil in the White City," which was an amazing book. The detail and way the story is told, 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I'm reading "Outliers" right now for my sociology class, as far as non-textbooks go. Not enough time to pick up another book until this term's over. Stats2, Bio102 and Soc204 textbooks are killin me
sick.gif

Gotta finish Guns, Germs and Steel, too. Have had that for almost a year and I'm only like 40% through
30t6p3b.gif
reading Outliers too as suggested by a NTer. Pretty interesting. 

On average, probably one a week or so. I go through cycles of either reading or playing video games
laugh.gif
if I have nothing new, or nothing I want to reread I go through the free books on Amazon and dl to my kindle. Greatest thing ever. I have hundreds of books and they are a pain to store and move.

Back
Top Bottom