Let's Discuss Nas' Biggest Downfall: His Terrible Ear For Beats

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

^ All makes sense now
laugh.gif
why this dude dont venture off with other producers I always wonder. Its like he makes music in a studio under a rock in a cave. Is money that much of a factor? cuz Id love to hear some NaS on some Beatnuts, 9th Wonder, J Dilla, Madlib, n some more Alchemist along with the dudes he shoulda never stopped makin music with Premo, Pete, Large Pro etc.

smokin.gif

Word up!!!!!!!

I completely agree with BFA, which is a rarity.

As much as I love Nas, he's hit or miss. For me, there is NO middle ground with him. Either I love it or I hate it. I mean, even Nas' worst is betterthan a lot of dudes out there, but his worst isn't anything I listen to consistently.

And to all the dudes who wanna say "He still spits hard regardless of the trash beats", fall back. Hip-hop is more than lyrics. If you love hislyrics so much, listen to an acapella album.

esp. post stillmatic...salaam remi is wack...and yes(i know somebody gone say somethin, i think im better...

i haven't listened to that much of his music, but sometimes i feel he is off the beat. great lyricist though

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Nas' Biggest Downfall

16d25de4fea944d26305d3a7f3204f547697eaf.pjpg

that wasn't his fault....da album was cut in 1/2 ( da other half being what we now now as da lost tapes) because of massive NYC bootleggin...which inhindsight aint NUFFIN compared to now with da internet.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Nas' Biggest Downfall

16d25de4fea944d26305d3a7f3204f547697eaf.pjpg

that wasn't his fault....da album was cut in 1/2 ( da other half being what we now now as da lost tapes) because of massive NYC bootleggin...which in hindsight aint NUFFIN compared to now with da internet.

smh.gif
How do-rag and Purple didn't make an album amazes me

Someone said it earlier, and I completely agree; NaS almost always chooses a beat that fits the song. His choices for beats are questionable but I never have ahuge problem with them. One song off SD that I did have a problem with though was You Know My Style, does anyone havethat song with the ORIGINAL beat? I remember the first time I heard it on the Hot 97 and I was like
nerd.gif
and the album version was
sick.gif
alien.gif

And by the way, people need to accept that NaS will never have an entire album with Premo or majority produced by him (again).

lol at mentioning Hold Down The Block as a dope beat compared to You're Da Man & Nas Is Like. I'll give you a pass because you said that Nas verseon Why You Hate The Game is one of his best guest verses of all time. I also remember that you clearly said "Let There Be Light" is a top 20 Nas songof all time. Those are honestly shock value statements in my opinion.

In my opinion Nas & L.E.S. are very inconsistent. Salaam never laced Nas with a trash beat like "Big Girl". Nas recently has been lacking onSalaam Remi beats. A few examples are:

Where Yall At (he spit some dope quotables, but it was inconsistent and weak from a lyrical perspective, he should have rewrote all three verses)

The N (beat was decent at best, the problem was his lyrics, he should have rewrote them )

L.E.S. was a part of "You Can't Kill Me", and Nas 2nd verse on that song is one of his worst verses ever on any of his albums.

And I don't understand why folks say "his music is better than 90% of the music out now", that isn't SAYING JACK S***

Young Easy is on point

Nas is real hit or miss with his beats.

They are either REAl dope or just so-so.

Nas will never get over on Jay as far as consistency with his albums being hot from start to finish.

One song off SD that I did have a problem with though was You Know My Style, does anyone have that song with the ORIGINAL beat? I remember the first time Iheard it on the Hot 97 and I was like and the album version was

^same can be said for the album version of "Disciple" on Disc 1

I *** with Mr. Jones heavily
pimp.gif
....... BUT.... Nasir's BIGGEST downfall to his music is his lack of "Cool". Think about it. Everything Nas sayssounds like somebody just told him "Aye little man, go get laid and stop trippin...its too many pros in here for all that noise". Dude is like abizarro Weezy right now- all skill, no swag. I mean really, what little kid wants to grow up and be like Nas? Think about it... that'sprobably why MOST ppl don't give Nas is just dues. __s really can't relate to Nas a lot of times. Even Lupe has more "Cool" then Nasright now(no pun intended)
smh.gif
. Nas hasn't made a "hot" song since Stillmatic (I think...w/o think too hard). It's really hard to gain therespect of the population without popularity and Nas is sooooo NOT "cool".

And he's still top 3 DOA
pimp.gif

Jay said it perfect:

"won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes"

maybe if Esco paid a little more for producers.....

Nas is real hit or miss with his beats.

They are either REAl dope or just so-so.

Nas will never get over on Jay as far as consistency with his albums being hot from start to finish.
there you have it

I've felt this way for years. He would really benefit from a board of smart record execs picking his beats as well as tracks that make his albums.

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Jay said it perfect:

"won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes"

maybe if Esco paid a little more for producers.....

you can pay a little more and still get wack beats, *coughs Neptunes*

its all about finding hungry producers... salaam remi is too fat to b hungry...and he's wack... wack i tell u...wack! also dont get no more will i am beatseither...

Back
Top Bottom