lets discuss the price of parking in Sports stadiums.

so i had a lot more written, but yuku decided to just make is disappear
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

anyways, parking for a chiefs game this year, including preseason is $27. there were people that literally could not go to the game last night because they could not afford the price to park. 

we are a big tailgating city and will BBQ whenever we get a chance, and the chiefs are def. taking adv. of this. the parking lots of chiefs/royals games are literally big !@+ parties where every cooks and get drunk. 

how much is it to park in your stadium? do you think charging $27 is redic? this is currently the talk of kansas city right now. hella ppl are mad. 

I agree with you that parking is ridiculous, but I dont understand how $27 for parking is preventing people from attending your games. If people cant afford parking, how can they afford tickets to an NFL game?

The parking at Gillette Stadium was 35 last time I went, and 45 for the last playoff game I went to. All the other stadiums for the pro sports teams in Boston are easily accessible by the T, but Gillette stadium is like 45 minutes south of the city in Foxboro.

damn, these dudes make a killing. paying for tickets to the game and when you get there paying to freakin park.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I agree with you that parking is ridiculous, but I dont understand how $27 for parking is preventing people from attending your games. If people cant afford parking, how can they afford tickets to an NFL game?

not everyone goes into the games. we literally have thousands upon thousands of parking spaces and people just go for the party. and if its really full of if you have a buss, you have to pay $27 to park in the grass
indifferent.gif

i think last year parking was $15 while royals parking is $11. pretty big spike in prices. and if you wanna get anywhere in KC, you have to drive. its all highway, so our public transportation is non existent. 

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

not everyone goes into the games. we literally have thousands upon thousands of parking spaces and people just go for the party. and if its really full of if you have a buss, you have to pay $27 to park in the grass
indifferent.gif

i think last year parking was $15 while royals parking is $11. pretty big spike in prices. and if you wanna get anywhere in KC, you have to drive. its all highway, so our public transportation is non existent. 
Fair enough.  I just feel like if you are going to a stadium just to tailgate, your car should be able to split $27. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Beauty of living in DC is being able to use public transportation to and from games.
Except for the Skins....%%*$ is a %$!%%+@ headache getting out there.  Team sucks, some of the fans suck, and getting in/out of the stadium is a nightmare. 

I LOVE going to Caps/Wizards games tho.  Easy to park on the street and there are a lot of different ways to get to 395 etc....

I don't view it as a nightmare at all. I catch the train to Morgan Blvd, and walk to the stadium from the station. People don't like to walk so I can understand the issue. But I don't see it as remotely difficult at all. (To me).

@ Wiz, Anything near or close to downtown, I catch the train. I love the subway over driving. Best thing about this city. Like seriously. If I had to sell Real Estate, that would be my #1 selling point.

@ Warrior games it costs 15 or 20 to park (forgot which one), but it's a horrible parking lot and it's really hard to get out when the game's over. However you can park in the BART parking lot for free...and it's only a 5 minute or so walk away from the arena.
pimp.gif

Just because someone doesn't WANT to pay for something doesn't mean they can't afford it. If I HAD to pay $27 to park somewhere, that would limit the want to even set foot in that place.

laugh.gif
at complaining about 27 bucks. i get where you are coming from dude but i bet 27 bucks is the some of the cheapest parking in the nfl.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
at complaining about 27 bucks. i get where you are coming from dude but i bet 27 bucks is the some of the cheapest parking in the nfl.
Again, that is $27 MORE than I am already spending on my ticket. Then throw in the fact that I (not me personally but the average humanoid) wants to buy concessions. Let's lowball that and say $20. That is almost $50+ the price of admission. That makes me say, "Damn you know what, I am better of watching this on TV."

So go somewhere with it ONLY being $27. You don't know anyone's situation.

Just because someone doesn't WANT to pay for something doesn't mean they can't afford it. If I HAD to pay $27 to park somewhere, that would limit the want to even set foot in that place.

Bro....this is from the ORIGINAL post:
Originally Posted by taimaishu123

anyways, parking for a chiefs game this year, including preseason is $27. there were people that literally could not go to the game last night because they could not afford the price to park.

Originally Posted by acidicality

@ Warrior games it costs 15 or 20 to park (forgot which one), but it's a horrible parking lot and it's really hard to get out when the game's over. However you can park in the BART parking lot for free...and it's only a 5 minute or so walk away from the arena.
pimp.gif

Wth? I took my girl and her mom to the AI concert last month at Oracle and parking was $35. That's $15 over what I expected it to be.

Giants games, on the other hand, was only $20 in the lots and $30 in China Basin last year. They win the World Series an parking jacks up another $10. This season alone I've spent about $600 just on parking.

Fans: For the love of the game
Owners: For the money from the fans

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
Again, that is $27 MORE than I am already spending on my ticket. Then throw in the fact that I (not me personally but the average humanoid) wants to buy concessions. Let's lowball that and say $20. That is almost $50+ the price of admission. That makes me say, "Damn you know what, I am better of watching this on TV."

So go somewhere with it ONLY being $27. You don't know anyone's situation.

dont go then bro. you act like that seat is going to stay empty because you arent going to pay for it. someone else will happily fork the money over.
laugh.gif

I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 (a car) for anything here. Usually $3 or $5. Walk maybe half or three quarters of a mile and save upwards of $30. Not even a difficult decision while I am an able-bodied 23-year-old.

I'm sure football is more expensive, though. Especially tailgating lots.

in baseball stadiums it's unacceptable to me.

dodger stadium is the worst. crappy team, $15 parking at a stadium that's on top of a hill and traffic up the $%%. i've been taking public transportation more and more to dodger games lately.

in general though, parking prices suck, however if your going to a game with 3 of your friends, everyone should chip in on parking. if parkings $30, everyone pays around $7.50 each to pitch in.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by acidicality

pimp.gif

Wth? I took my girl and her mom to the AI concert last month at Oracle and parking was $35. That's $15 over what I expected it to be.

Giants games, on the other hand, was only $20 in the lots and $30 in China Basin last year. They win the World Series an parking jacks up another $10. This season alone I've spent about $600 just on parking.

Fans: For the love of the game
Owners: For the money from the fans
An FYI regarding the Warriors.  Alameda County owns the parking lot (and stadiums) therefore they're actually the ones who set the price.  When I was a season ticket holder, if I wanted to buy a parking pass, my check was to be made out to the County, not the Warriors.  I'm sure there's some revenue sharing going on to a degree, but overall it's not the NBA/Team's call on that one.
The Giants I think own all that land, so they actually do set those prices. 

people could not go to the games because they did not have that much cash on them. more and more people are using debit/credit cards each day. so these people had to turn around and go to an ATM then get back in line to pay. it just made a lot of people mad.

this is from an article i read...

The Chiefs said they sold 67,537 tickets for the game against Tampa Bay. If that’s true, very few of those seat holders bothered to even make the drive to the Truman Sports Complex. Think more along the lines of 30,000 to 35,000 butts in the seats.

idk if this has anything to do with the parking but i thought it was interesting.

what i wanna know is how much other teams in cities like KC pay for parking. a small demographic if you will. the cost of living here is super cheap and so are the sports.we make the playoffs and they hike up prices. i guess people just got used to that.

Back
Top Bottom