Lets pick: Indoor or Outdoor Basketball?

Man, indoor im a whole lot better then outdoor.....here in MI, i get like 3 good months to hoop outside, but I been hoopin at the Y year round....Today was thefirst time outdoors and my game was slightly altered....what do you prefer and why?

indoors. The only thing i may not like about indoor basketball are slippery floors, besides that its all good. Also i'm alot better indoors

Indoor....for the simple fact that all of the outdoor courts back where I lived in Queens had no !##@*$* nets.
smh.gif
I hated that !#@#....rims weren't evenbuilt to hold a net in the first place...

being born and raised in CA I could be biased but to me theres nothin better than wakin up on sunday morn watchin the early nfl games then headin to the parkand hoopin. Too bad I live in CO now and outdoor hoopin is almost unheard of out here dudes would rather be packed 30 deep into a hot %@% stuffy gym with deadspots all in the floor than actually being outside.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

being born and raised in CA I could be biased but to me theres nothin better than wakin up on sunday morn watchin the early nfl games then headin to the park and hoopin. Too bad I live in CO now and outdoor hoopin is almost unheard of out here dudes would rather be packed 30 deep into a hot %@% stuffy gym with dead spots all in the floor than actually being outside.
See, now you know how we feel in the midwest
laugh.gif

Some nights if I'm on a crappy team and we lose, I might as well head home. Way too many people trying to get in a game and sometimes there's only onecourt...

But if I lived in Cali, I would hoop outside daily.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

the first outdoor run of the year is hard on the body

aint it tho??!!? i hoop indoors 5 times a week, and never feeling like this.

Outdoors. The concrete, the sun, the heat, then then heavily anticipated shade/sundown. Nothing like seeing the Ice Cream truck roll up on the hottest of daysand getting and icey Gatorade or whatever.

ANd I don't understand how some people can't shoot outdoors. Granted, there is sometimes wind (like today) but usually your good money if you canalready shoot. When I play indoors, I'm never as fast as I am outdoors, but the jumpshot is still there.

Knees and back can't take playing outside anymore. Concrete/asphalt isn't a kind surface.

Outdoors is bad for my knees but I like being outside on a nice day.....concrete is never slippery.
pimp.gif

Indoors is cool but the slippery floors at some courts are not appreciated.

Heat index was like 111 today, obviously indoor gets my vote. Even when it's cool, nobody wants to play outdoor and given the way dudes like to"defend" me I'd probably get scraped all the %+%$ up if I played outside the same way I do inside. But bottom line, if I was going to hoop andsaw an outdoor court and they needed 1, I'd hoop.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Outdoors. The concrete, the sun, the heat, then then heavily anticipated shade/sundown. Nothing like seeing the Ice Cream truck roll up on the hottest of days and getting and icey Gatorade or whatever.

ANd I don't understand how some people can't shoot outdoors. Granted, there is sometimes wind (like today) but usually your good money if you can already shoot. When I play indoors, I'm never as fast as I am outdoors, but the jumpshot is still there.
Co-sign...

Hooping outdoors on those double rims (IMO) helps your shot. If you can rain on an outdoor double rim you will kill when you get to the indoor gym.

Back
Top Bottom