lets talk about new balance x undftd desert storms

coming out on saturday.  i am all about 'em.  they are different from all my other shoes.

10-05-10-UNDFTDNBFPS.jpg

I've never been too big on New Balances so I'm not buying them, but they're actually not bad. Good base colors with the browns and set off nicely with the blue and red accents.

yeah, it took me a long time to come around to new balance, but i am all in.  if they drop a cool colab i will buy it.  thsese will be my 4th pair.  i bought 2 of the feral pack shoes and a pair of the white pigeons.  you can only have so many pairs of SB's you know? here are what the other ones look like.  new balance x leftfoot 'lion', new balance x mita 'mouse', new balance x staple 'white pigeons'

new-balance-feral-creature002.jpg

Picture-3.jpg

staple-new-balance-575-white-pigeon-preview-11.jpg

I really like the concept on these, but I'm just not a huge fan of NB... but the M567's by the Whiz kids are a good look!

i got em in today.  @+#%@+% amazing shoes. great materials.  new balance is where its at.

Originally Posted by meeks3

you can only have so many pairs of SB's you know?

I definitely agree, but I'm more partial to Adidas. Lovely set of NBs you got. I just wish NB would get more adventurous with their colorways instead of depending on collaborations to come up with interesting colorways. Not that there's anything wrong with their traditional grey-based colorways, but a little change never hurt.

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

Originally Posted by meeks3

you can only have so many pairs of SB's you know?

I definitely agree, but I'm more partial to Adidas. Lovely set of NBs you got. I just wish NB would get more adventurous with their colorways instead of depending on collaborations to come up with interesting colorways. Not that there's anything wrong with their traditional grey-based colorways, but a little change never hurt.

although they do have a lot of grey based sneakers, they also do have a lot of colorful pairs that weren't collaborations, i guess you just have to pay more attention to the brand. It's kind of annoying when people only cop the "hyped" collaboration sneaker and ignore everything else the brand does, similar to when asics dropped those all red gel lyte IIIs last year. Maybe i'm biased, but NB has been doing things ALOT better than Nike for awhile(quality, material overall designs and aesthetics) but people seem to downplay the brand until a name like undefeated or staple is attached to it. I guess the message is, stop being hypebeasts and be more so sneaker fans.

NB puts out alot of great stuff.  yes most of it is colabs, but they do much much more than grey boaring colors.  NB USA is lacking compared to NB JP and NB UK but overall as a brand NB is one of my favorites...

Originally Posted by Page86

although they do have a lot of grey based sneakers, they also do have a lot of colorful pairs that weren't collaborations, i guess you just have to pay more attention to the brand. It's kind of annoying when people only cop the "hyped" collaboration sneaker and ignore everything else the brand does, similar to when asics dropped those all red gel lyte IIIs last year. Maybe i'm biased, but NB has been doing things ALOT better than Nike for awhile(quality, material overall designs and aesthetics) but people seem to downplay the brand until a name like undefeated or staple is attached to it. I guess the message is, stop being hypebeasts and be more so sneaker fans.

You're probably right. Like I mentioned, not completely up on NB so I probably missed some of the interesting non-collab colorways you mentioned. I can definitely respect NB and other brands that have maintained nice quality and build at reasonable prices. I agree with your view on collabs though, sucks that many don't take interest until a name is attached to it, but then again, maybe that's enough to get people interested in the rest of the company's collection. I'll admit, I purchased the Superstar that was done with Undefeated back in '05 for the Superstar 35th Anniversary series, back when I purchased nothing but Nikes. With this purchase though, I ended up exploring more of Adidas' releases and models and am still a big fan of Adidas as a whole. Sort of works both ways with collabs I guess.

^ maybe you got a bunked pair that got reuined from moisture?  I noticed a lot of b grades are kinda curved up and seem "warped" . You should contact UNDFTD and tell 'em whats up.   I didn't check out the inner stitching, but these are suade and theres no leather on em, but on mine the suade is super buttery and smells fresh..  i love mine, super comfy, double stiched in most parts, but these are made in china not Flimby UK, or even USA .  I think the pink laces are hideous though.  Sorry you hate em T...

Originally Posted by T21D

I'm a big NB fan and the fact that I dig camo. So, I order my pair online @ UNDFTD , get them, and low behold. I open them up and what a piece of CRAP. First, the innersole was warping like what a water leak does to wood floors. Two, the stitching and cutting of the materials inside of the shoe looked like it was unfinished. Three, the leather reminds of shoes that I've seen sold during my trips to Mexico, it feels and smells cheap. Lastly, the toe curves up like an ELF boot. Don't buy it because I WASTED MY money. It'll beat these to the ground so as not to remind me why I bought them in the first place.

I've been up on New Balance since the early 90s and have never seen cheap materials or workmanship on a pair of 1500s created in collaboration with a boutique. If anything, I'd think the quality control would be the responsibility of UNDFTD. As for the "Elf boot" effect, that may be caused by how tight the laces are tied (take a look at the crease towards the back of your toe box due to the laces being so tight). 1500s have a very wide toe box, so in order to minimize the "Elf Boot" look, loosen the laces and try the sock folding method to support the loosened lace set up.

Not really sure how I'm feeling about these, decent colors and materials though. Although I do have to say, I've liked alot i've seen from New Balance lately. They've made a nice little come back over the last year and a half or so...

Not really sure how I'm feeling about these, decent colors and materials though. Although I do have to say, I've liked alot i've seen from New Balance lately. They've made a nice little come back over the last year and a half or so...

Originally Posted by truniversal

Originally Posted by T21D

I'm a big NB fan and the fact that I dig camo. So, I order my pair online @ UNDFTD , get them, and low behold. I open them up and what a piece of CRAP. First, the innersole was warping like what a water leak does to wood floors. Two, the stitching and cutting of the materials inside of the shoe looked like it was unfinished. Three, the leather reminds of shoes that I've seen sold during my trips to Mexico, it feels and smells cheap. Lastly, the toe curves up like an ELF boot. Don't buy it because I WASTED MY money. It'll beat these to the ground so as not to remind me why I bought them in the first place.

I've been up on New Balance since the early 90s and have never seen cheap materials or workmanship on a pair of 1500s created in collaboration with a boutique. If anything, I'd think the quality control would be the responsibility of UNDFTD. As for the "Elf boot" effect, that may be caused by how tight the laces are tied (take a look at the crease towards the back of your toe box due to the laces being so tight). 1500s have a very wide toe box, so in order to minimize the "Elf Boot" look, loosen the laces and try the sock folding method to support the loosened lace set up.
Fred usually ties all his shoes how they supposed to be tied....so im sure he prolly has other 1500s he ties the same way that dont do that?

just guessin

Back
Top Bottom