Lets talk about sarah palin getting a 840 on her sat

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Isiah Heaven

I don't think you need a good SAT score to be labeled intelligent. I know people who dropped out of high school who can run down economics & law better then people with master degrees. Not speaking in defense of sarah palin but just saying a SAT don't means nothing unless your trying to get into a good school.

that's fine, to argue this point...

but the fact of the matter is, to prove such things, you need that slip of paper...

i find it laughable that Republicans have one bachelor of journalism degree between their ticket...

that's the only education the ticket shares.....

the "young dumb one" is better educated than "old faithful"

roll.gif

and people actually DEFEND it?

look, if Barack Obama had never been to school, i'm sure none of you guys would be defending that...

on one ticket, you have 3 bachelor's degrees and 2 Doctor of Jurisprudence degrees...

on the other ticket, you have a bachelor's degree in journalism....

and you're DEFENDING this?

LOL
I'm not defending any because I'm not voting for either party. I'm simply stating a low sat score shouldn't reflect a personsintelligence on life or any subject that comes into politics. Sarah P can be a idiot for all i care i'm just saying if they wanna make her look stupid theyhave to pull a better card then getting her sat score..

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

Originally Posted by Magik ink 23

Originally Posted by early90s

Bush went to Yale. Whats your point?
Bush was a legacy, genius.
Barack Obama's father, Barack Obama Senior, went to Harvard. Does that make him a legacy as well?

I'm not sure which of your statements I want to address first... let's go in order:

But what about Barack Obama being a product of Affirmative Action? Doesn't that come into play?

Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Does that mean anything to you? You DO realize affirmative action is not a factor in qualifying for Magna Cum Laude right? That's pure hard work. Solet's say you're right and he got into school partially due to affirmative action, what he did while he was there is certainly proof that he belonged.Not to mention AA is COMPLETEY necessary (but this is for another thread).

Barack Obama's father, Barack Obama Senior, went to Harvard. Does that make him a legacy as well?

Completely asinine, irresponsible comment on your part. Barack only met his father ONCE. He couldn't have had but so much influence on Barack'seducation. Where on the flip side, 'ole papa Bush was a congressman when baby Bush got into Yale... but that couldn't have had anything to do withanything right?

I don't think you need a good SAT score to be labeled intelligent. I know people who dropped out of high school who can run down economics & law better then people with master degrees. Not speaking in defense of sarah palin but just saying a SAT don't means nothing unless your trying to get into a good school.

but the fact of the matter is, to prove such things, you need that slip of paper...

i find it laughable that Republicans have one bachelor of journalism degree between their ticket...

roll.gif

look, if Barack Obama had never been to school, i'm sure none of you guys would be defending that...

on one ticket, you have 3 bachelor's degrees and 2 Doctor of Jurisprudence degrees...

LOL
I'm not defending any because I'm not voting for either party. I'm simply stating a low sat score shouldn't reflect a persons intelligence on life or any subject that comes into politics. Sarah P can be a idiot for all i care i'm just saying if they wanna make her look stupid they have to pull a better card then getting her sat score..
how about having a 2.2 GPA in High School, or attending 5 different universities for the lone degree on the McCain/Palin ticket?

still no?

How about claiming to have strong foreign policy experience, despite obtaining a passport for the first time less than a year ago?

not yet?

eyes.gif
roll.gif
homie I'm not sure if your getting me. I'm notsaying she's in a position to be a vice president or a Governor for that matter.We all know that from how she presents her self in converation. I'mspeaking in general that a sat score shouldn't place a label on someones intelligence level. I'm speaking in defense of people who i know who are veryintelligent who never been to college.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
@ this trick going to 5 different schools for a BA in Journalism.....lol who the hell does that

This isn't completely relevant, in all honesty. Whoever made the chart outlining the schools failed to include Obama's 2 years at Occidental prior totransferring to Columbia. While I will say that in all likelihood, the Obama-Biden ticket is more intelligent, please do not allow your alma mater be a measureof your intelligence. I know some complete imbeciles who go to every Ivy league school. Instead, view their individual achievements, not just where theirdegrees originate from.

roll.gif

LOL
I'm not defending any because I'm not voting for either party. I'm simply stating a low sat score shouldn't reflect a persons intelligence on life or any subject that comes into politics. Sarah P can be a idiot for all i care i'm just saying if they wanna make her look stupid they have to pull a better card then getting her sat score..
how about having a 2.2 GPA in High School, or attending 5 different universities for the lone degree on the McCain/Palin ticket?

still no?

How about claiming to have strong foreign policy experience, despite obtaining a passport for the first time less than a year ago?

not yet?

eyes.gif
roll.gif
homie I'm not sure if your getting me. I'm not saying she's in a position to be a vice president or a Governor for that matter.We all know that from how she presents her self in converation. I'm speaking in general that a sat score shouldn't place a label on someones intelligence level. I'm speaking in defense of people who i know who are very intelligent who never been to college.
tongue.gif

i understand you're making the argument that standarized testing isn't an accurate measure of intelligence.

therefore, i provided examples, other than her SAT score, of her "un"intelligence.....

no problem i understand where your coming from now. Your right but you gotta remember many people in power aren't people in knowledge....you know what imean by that
pimp.gif

For whats its worth ive heard Obama didnt put his race down on his application( even though its pretty obvious from his name he's not white haha)

i never actually saw a score, but i heard it was comically low...

Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif