Lets Talk Lyrics

What makes a rapper lyrical because honestly alot of these dudes are telling the same story. Ghostface, Jeezy and Gucci are telling the same stories. Nas, Pacand 3000 are telling the same stories so what is it that makes you consider one artist more superior lyrically than another?

Artists that paint a better picture. You can have a bunch of artists that might rap about similar things, but some might explain it better. They might tell thestory better & basically help the listener visualize it better.

its about delivery...rappers may say the same thing but its how you word it....yeah Gucci raps about selling bricks but the Clipse can say the same thing andword it in way thatll have u like
eek.gif

Nas is the best lyricist hands down..
he paints vivid pictures with his lyrics..You can close your eyes and listen to "The Set Up" or "Shootouts" and its like a movie..Samething with Biggie
But Nas has to be the best at this

people tend to confuse a rapper being "lyrical" with his wordplay and ability to rap ... im pretty sure if eminem rapped about what nas pac 3000jeezy etc... were rapping about, then many more would say he was the best rapper of all time ...

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Nas is the best lyricist hands down..
he paints vivid pictures with his lyrics..You can close your eyes and listen to "The Set Up" or "Shootouts" and its like a movie..Same thing with Biggie
But Nas has to be the best at this

pimp.gif
i swear when i listen to these two i just close my eyes and picture these stories

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

people tend to confuse a rapper being "lyrical" with his wordplay and ability to rap ... im pretty sure if eminem rapped about what nas pac 3000 jeezy etc... were rapping about, then many more would say he was the best rapper of all time ...
But he doesn't so he's not.

Gucci, Wayne, etc.- Rap about themselves. Sex, how much money they have, how cool their clothes are, how many drugs they take and sell.

Nas, 3000, Lupe- Tell stories about other people's problems in a vivid way. They're trying to make music, not money.

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Gucci, Wayne, etc.- Rap about themselves. Sex, how much money they have, how cool their clothes are, how many drugs they take and sell.

Nas, 3000, Lupe- Tell stories about other people's problems in a vivid way. They're trying to make music, not money.
Hov- a combination of both.

lets talk about me for a minute, and how do i feel, about whats goin on..........

i look for meter, rhyme scheme, breath control, assonace, allitteration , consonance, complexity, speed, repitition

i value the actual structure of a verse more than its meaning.

ima a person who will listen to a song and count the stressed and unstressed syllables in a verse.

like, when i listen to an Eminem verse, i dont hear him raping his mom, popping pills, killing people......

all i hear is stressed unstressed stressed unstressed, abaaba or whatever the scheme is, ˘ ¯ ¯ ˘ ¯, metricalfeet, how many syllables does he use, when does he use them, how does he use them and where does he use corresponding syllables/rhyming syllables in his verse.etc.....

this is also probably why i dont know many rap lyrics cuz i dont actually "hear" the lyrics.
ohwell.gif

also, this allows me to enjoy music whose lyrics are in another language even though i dont understand that language, cuz the only thing im listening for issound anyway.

ive noticed that in the english language the repetition of sounds in a verse is alot stronger, while still being able to keep with a theme. in other languagesthey sing about the same things english musicians do, but their verses do not have as strong a rhyme scheme.

i guess it fits my personality cuz people say that i lack human emotion,and its true that i do not care about emotion in song lyrics, this is why i hater&b, its all emotion.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom