Li-Ning Thread

cracking

Not sure if I can agree with the "cleaner" statement but they are nice. The 2s are just nice smooth silhouette. Like I know most let them sit but I swear the overtown 2s are one of my faves. So clean, just enough red and just looks great on foot. I would take the Overtown 2 over the 2.5 any day. As well its that all leather. 
oh don't get me wrong both are nice.. i give the edge to the 2 in materials, the layer of fake sting ray on the back, and flip tab.  I give the edge to the 2.5 with the toebox, tongue, and the the embossed logo on the ankle (which is painted on the 2).  I like them both a lot, and if comes down to it i'll probably just cop the warrior 2, just love that colorway 

@hyunsoochoi3  @shaw333  @pjeung

I have both 2's and 1.5's and don't have a problem with the tongues on either ones. The 1.5's have larger stiffer tongues and my Warrior 2.0s tongue I find smaller and more flexible. I actually pull up and try to flatten it to make it seem bigger. Its just my personal preference ( I also wear mine to play in so I wear higher Nike Elite Socks)

On another thought…….

I love the WOW brand and shoes but Im also really into collecting custom Nike Elite socks. I know Wade has his own dress sock line, why doesn't he make his own custom sock line strictly to be played in like Nike Elite socks?

here are my custom Nike Elite Socks I really think Wade could do just as if not better when it comes to designs 
thanks for the info on the tongues! and i'm sorry but i'm a no-show nike dri fit sock kinda guy lol..  can't pull off eclectic socks like of yall 
tongue.gif

I haven't had any tongue issues on any of my 2.0's (9 pairs) although it takes a few wears for them to break in. Overall I love the design of the 2 and 2.5 over the 1 and 1.5. IMO if you take the side profile of the 2...it has that sport car look to it, the big back wheels and sloped front. Love that ish.

I know it's just how the leather pieces are stitched on...but hey...it's my post :lol:

I also dig the tongue of the 2.5 over the 2 and the rounded toe box as well. It's a less cluttered (if ya'll don't like cleaner) look since there aren't as many pieces stitched on top of one another.

the only downside i see to the 2.5's toebox is durability since it doesn't have a rand like the 2

I haven't had any tongue issues on any of my 2.0's (9 pairs) although it takes a few wears for them to break in. Overall I love the design of the 2 and 2.5 over the 1 and 1.5. IMO if you take the side profile of the 2...it has that sport car look to it, the big back wheels and sloped front. Love that ish.

I know it's just how the leather pieces are stitched on...but hey...it's my post
laugh.gif

I also dig the tongue of the 2.5 over the 2 and the rounded toe box as well. It's a less cluttered (if ya'll don't like cleaner) look since there aren't as many pieces stitched on top of one another.
I like the comparison to the sports car, did Li-Ning every release any info on design inspirations or anythinng?

New Pick up!!! (sorry for the cell phone quality pics) So happy, after seeing picture after picture of the Encore "Overtown" 1.5s I finally got my own pair. The quality is as good as advertised, amazing leather stitching and unbelievably comfortable. I will say when compared to my Gold Rush Encore 1.5s there is a differences in the construction and quality. Understandably the GR is just that much better when it comes to quality. The "Overtowne's" tongue is slightly smaller and a lot less sturdy ( I enjoy the large stiff tongues). Also the lace holes get slightly dyed red from the laces and they didn't come with a dust bag
ohwell.gif
 . I love the design of the inside lining  and the little engravings all over the shoe, it shows just how much effort went into creating it. Overall my high expectations were met ! 
happy.gif

Just got an email stating that since I purchased from Way of Wade the Gold Rush and Lava.  I get a special VIP price for some signed Wade items from fanatics.

like signed WOWs for $579.95

Dwyane Wade Miami Heat Autographed Logo Basketball Shoes

$699.95 each

YOUR DISCOUNTED PRICE: $579.95  each

That is still pricey as hell its only a 17% discount lmao

I also like the look of the 2 and 2.5, which drew me in all the way. The 1/1.5 looks dated (imo).

One of my tongue on the 2.0 angles to one side a little. Other than that I haven't had issue with it rubbing my shin. But it seems to be rubbing the lining where it makes contact since the tongue is stiff.

I ended up ordering the 2.5 Overtown. Love the dazzle camo(don't mind the potential cracking as has a good clear coat to slow the process) and white shows off the details and leather better. The Announcement was in consideration but not a fan of the patent material and don't need another pair with nubuck(for now). The lows could be on the way for a discount later with the pairs that's available in my size.

Thanks for the sizing info again. I'll need to know how the lows fit too so might as well get it out of the way now than when I'm ready to buy. :lol:

Last edited:
I like the comparison to the sports car, did Li-Ning every release any info on design inspirations or anythinng?

The only thing I really saw was the battleship inspiration for the dazzle camo stuff. No actual shape inspirations.

thapointguy thapointguy
As much as I like the 1's I agree with the "outdated" generic look. I have the TNS and 305 1's but the 2's are IT all the way. I'm the exact opposite on your Encore black/white decision. Just bought the 305 2 so I went nubuck with the Encore Announcement.

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys. I am actually in the minority here in that I appreciate the 1s simple clean design over the 2. From the initial inspiration from a leather Italian boot (think a better executed JB 2) to the solid midsole design and well crafted details on LE SE ( veterans day 1 is one of my favorites not to mention the ultimate 1: 2013 all star) there's nothing like an original. Love my 305 2 though I will say that but alot of the other 2s IMO trade quality for needless business (see 14 allstars, Christmas, etc). Totally just one man's opinion but I appreciate the different perspectives.

My personal favorite WOW design are the Encroe 1.5s because I think they are the most unique and aesthetically pleasing (the actual design not necessarily the color waves). I also do agree with @miamibro  and like the 1's better than the 2's. The 2's are a little too bulky for my taste ( I still love them, just nitpicking) and there is a clean simple aspect that I like from the 1's. 

Wade Delivery Thursday

So happy I decided to make this decision to cop these. These are a must have.

So excited to throw them on....I was still in the work socks. Had to put them on immediately.

Last edited:
got the gold rushes from the wow website for $212 with code...CA TAX kills, made it $229. glad i waited though. and if anyone ordered the past couple weeks and paid full retail...i called c/s and told em i had the 15% + free shipping code and didnt use it on my encore annoucements. told em i was gonna ask to return and re-order but was hopeful maybe they could just price adjust. got my refund
happy.gif
. under retail always feels good!  

hopefully they drop the TNS 2 and/or dangers also. but thats wishful thinking. haha

What type of material is used for the gold on the 2.5 goldrush?...leather, nubuck, patent leather?
ditto. i'd like to know also. the GR 1's idk what to call them.looks like patent or some type of foil.  i know they crease easily from the pics, i could be wrong as i dont own a pair.

Has anyone that ordered when the red lavas and gold rush gotten an email saying that their order shipped yet? 

I only got an order confirmation but nothing regarding shipping or a tracking number.

Has anyone that ordered when the red lavas and gold rush gotten an email saying that their order shipped yet? 
I only got an order confirmation but nothing regarding shipping or a tracking number.

None here. Although when I did order the encoure Annoucements from them about a week or so back,they never have me tracking. I called customer service cuz they said it shipped and they said since the manufacture sent it and they hadn't given them anything they got nothing. Very odd for me. But about 1 week exactly they came,just showed up. Dont really like it,but as long as it comes I guess. I'd like to know for my gold rushes tho. Maybe call them Monday,I haven't even seen them ship. altho they said could ship before or by Tuesday the 23rd,which would suck. Someone on IG I saw got both already from the website.

None here. Although when I did order the encoure Annoucements from them about a week or so back,they never have me tracking. I called customer service cuz they said it shipped and they said since the manufacture sent it and they hadn't given them anything they got nothing. Very odd for me. But about 1 week exactly they came,just showed up. Dont really like it,but as long as it comes I guess. I'd like to know for my gold rushes tho. Maybe call them Monday,I haven't even seen them ship. altho they said could ship before or by Tuesday the 23rd,which would suck. Someone on IG I saw got both already from the website.
I just can't remember how they shipped my announcements back when they released. Yeah, I would like to know where they are even if it is a reliable source. It just makes me a bit uneasy, but I guess I'll just try to be patient.

@hyunsoochoi lino32 lino32

Guys when you order from WoW it always says in your cart "This is a manufacturer direct item and ships on or before..." The date on Goldrushes I believe is the 22. It'll be at least that and I've seen the date change but each time I've ordered they always hit it.

Your best bet? Get the FedEx app and register. When your label is created it will show up in "Your Shipments". My Raz Fuego, 305, and Encore Announcement all hit my app but I never got shipping emails or updates online. Proactive gents!

WoW hasn't been giving shipping updates, but takes appx a week to receive. They use FedEx home delivery, even if you're at a business. Stupid, cuz it costs extra, but they obviously don't utilize shipping logistics correctly.

WoW hasn't been giving shipping updates, but takes appx a week to receive. They use FedEx home delivery, even if you're at a business. Stupid, cuz it costs extra, but they obviously don't utilize shipping logistics correctly.
Yep...This all day. I set up UPS and Fedex LONG ago just for this reason. Companies not updating shipping information and stuff just pops up at your door or when you are out of town.

For instance...I CALLED WOW about my Fountain Bleau and the lady said they had not shipped yet. I called because the wife and I were heading out of town for a week. Same day I called her...and she said that the label had been created BUT not shipped...they were set to arrive at my door. Luckily I had the Fedex on so I just changed them to be held at a office.

Like right now...my goldrush are out for delivery. Have not heard a PEEP from WOW yet. So like @skep  said....be smart my friends.

Yep...This all day. I set up UPS and Fedex LONG ago just for this reason. Companies not updating shipping information and stuff just pops up at your door or when you are out of town.

For instance...I CALLED WOW about my Fountain Bleau and the lady said they had not shipped yet. I called because the wife and I were heading out of town for a week. Same day I called her...and she said that the label had been created BUT not shipped...they were set to arrive at my door. Luckily I had the Fedex on so I just changed them to be held at a office.

Like right now...my goldrush are out for delivery. Have not heard a PEEP from WOW yet. So like @skep
 said....be smart my friends.

They said mine didn't ship yet either and was supposed to change my size. I'm going to end up with a damn 10. Trying to return things to them was such a pain too. I asked everyday for a label they said they were sending me to return those overtowns. Finally I just paid the 11 for my own label and sent it back

Back
Top Bottom