Li-Ning Thread

If it's weeks them maybe it won't happen, at least not soon since the GR and Red Lava came out. Maybe the sale of the 305, Warriors was it?

Li-Ning-Way-of-Wade-3-1-e1411240202322.png

For those of you too lazy to click the link lol.
And with Nike socks, whyyyyy?

I wear Nike(Kobe) socks. :wow: Where does one buy Li-Ning socks like the ones on Sunlight? Or a Li-Ning logo is fine.

As for the 3s, the midsole is the best part to me. Hope the outsole is improved. I see other Li-Ning's that has very nice herringbone traction patterns hope it's like that. Not feeling the overlay above the midsole, reminds me of the Adidas Top ten 2000.
ADIDAS_TOP_TEN_2000_DARK_INDIGO_METALLIC_GOLD_CARDINAL_1.jpeg

Other than that I like the higher cut and the bumps on the ankle area and tongue.

Last edited:
I find it funny that so many people every stinking weekend buy JB releases with, at minimum, quality issues larger than the few scuffs and chips a few of ya'll have unfortunately experienced with the last few purchases. Yet WoW is willing to replace or refund actually speaking to customer service, whereas JB customers have come to expect that nonsense and just take it up the tailpipe. Kool Aid is a powerful drug kids... :lol:

Meh so far on the 3.0s. Need official pics but would love not to like them to save my pockets. lol

I'll probably end up copping some pairs regardless.

These first pics are not great, but I see potential for some sick color blocking, material/leather duality, and some real creativity with the 3. I would personally like to see ventilation/breathabilty improved from the WoW 1 and 2.

I have personally learned until I see the final product I will keep all comments to myself or go middle of the road. Haha. save myself from shooting myself in the foot. lol. Looks meh but I think most leaked bad quality images get me feeling that way all the time. We shall see. they still need to release the TNS 2 and dangers. Just saying...probably won't happen. Haha.

materials still look on point, anybody else notice the "w" pattern going up the side of the laces, and the obvious "w"s on the side of the shoe as well 

Last edited:
They look kinda like the lame Jordan Prime Flight ATM :rolleyes

Last edited:
I find it funny that so many people every stinking weekend buy JB releases with, at minimum, quality issues larger than the few scuffs and chips a few of ya'll have unfortunately experienced with the last few purchases. Yet WoW is willing to replace or refund actually speaking to customer service, whereas JB customers have come to expect that nonsense and just take it up the tailpipe. Kool Aid is a powerful drug kids... :lol:

I never really hammer Jb unless it's a huge quality issue like a wrong sole or something missing. Jb is also damned if they do and damned if they don't. Shoes creased so much people *****ed. They stiffened the leather people *****ed. Because of the market share they have they're in a no win situation. The last 2 years of Jb releases, aside some of the 3s, have been okay with me.

The worry I have with wow's is that the 2.5 seems to in the wrong direction of quality compared to what I've experienced with the other releases. In no way is it bad but for a smaller company that is not usually a good sign. I just hope they don't stray too far from what attracted me to them.

shaw333 shaw333 Good points.

Food for thought...possibly are they victim to what they are trying to do? Dazzle midsole...possibly that paint/design is too much for a midsole or they need to refine materials/paint?

The suede/nubuck/gold. Is the type of material too susceptible to damage? Whereas we all know JB stuff goes lower quality, but does that in some regards make it more durable?

I'm not a textile expert but just some thoughts I was kicking around. I am confident WoW will continue to impress us overall with their upcoming offerings.

@shaw333  @Dc30  Great food for thought.  Certainly fun to throw rocks at goliath, but you're right that some of the changes JB has made at least superficially can be interpreted as catering to the a majority demographic of consumers of their product i.e. non sneaker enthusiasts who wear their shoes in all sorts of conditions and put  a heavy premium on durability in a variety of settings.  Case in point: I have a pair of spizikes for beaters (super underrated shoe, very comfortable) and i beat the hell out of those things and when they get dirty I just throw them in the washer and let them air dry and they keep on ticking.  Obviously you can't do that with non durabuck and some of the other non synthetic materials that I myself appreciate in certain JB releases and of course in the wow line of shoes.  For me these non synthetics are higher quality, but if I'm someone who values the ability to throw my sneakers in the washer when they get dirty and I have leather sneakers that get completely ruined when this happens I might interpret the material to be in fact "lower quality".

Even for me personally the way I wear and care for sneakers has evolved considerably.  In grade school/ high school I didn't have a whole lot of disposable income and so when the moms bought me a smooth pair of fresh kicks it was with the understanding that that was the one pair of shoes I would wear every day for 6 months to a year (how else to justify the price, particularly when my foot was still growing).  I beat the hell out of my all my shoes in all sorts of weather and I wasn't looking for "pebbled leather" and what not.  Now that I'm an adult-sized child, and am fortunate that a group of individuals have decided for whatever reason that I have talents worth compensating in actual USD, I obviously buy considerably more than one pair of sneakers every 6 months to a year and  wear and care for sneakers very differently.   An example from here in sunny SoFlo: yesterday I was running errands most of the day as I am apt to do on a Saturday,  In the morning it was nice and sunny: wore my wow 2 305s.  In the afternoon it rained on and off for several hours: switched to some "durabuck" JB 8s.  Different strokes for the same folk. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Seems like the 2.5 Goldrush is plenty available.  I like the colorway, but the 2.5 design just turns me off. 

I wish Li Ning would re-release the Goldrush 1.5's on their website so we can actually have a chance of obtaining them.  Man, that shoe is so nice!!

In fact, I wish Li Ning would re-release all the 1's and 1.5's again.  I would do bad things for these:

Back
Top Bottom