Li-Ning Thread

I would think when hes out he wears whatever he wants. Li ning makes some of the ugliest shoes ive ever seen. I mean how much money could the possibly be giving him. Why would you wanan leave JB
Its not all about the money. Li Ning is going to push him hard in China. He will likely be the marquee player they market in China. This move is not just for the short term financial gain, but the long term exposure in China.

Its not all about the money. Li Ning is going to push him hard in China. He will likely be the marquee player they market in China. This move is not just for the short term financial gain, but the long term exposure in China.
What?? So if a player doesnt wear Li Ning, then no one knows about him and he gets no exposure in China? C'mon man....
DWade does not need Li Ning to be big in China.

His sigs were always straight trash :smh: ..I guess he'll continue to follow this trend of garbage with this move.

because he has no sense for style. As I know, all signature shoes usually have to be approved by the
athlete too as long it is possible to make the changes and don't decrease the functionality.

What?? So if a player doesnt wear Li Ning, then no one knows about him and he gets no exposure in China? C'mon man....

nah don't think so. Everyone in China knows Jordan, Kobe, Lebron etc. and everyone there knows Jordan Brand and Nike.
And Chinese consumers still prefer a product from a foreign country if the brand has a good reputation.
They only prefer domestic brands if the price is way more cheaper.
Same goes with cars and electronics, where they would buy an international well known brand
if they can afford it. I don't see wealthy Chinese driving domestic cars but mostly prefer European cars.

Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. All sports figures need someone to help push their presence in China. Look at what Nike and Adidas did this summer with their basketball players. Wade went with an established brand in China. He is going to be the marquee player for the entire brand. I would assume Li Ning is going to market the hell out of him in China. Way more than Nike, Adidas, or JB would have...and that's really the key imo.

There will be another, as yet unnamed, star in the L that will replace him.

Jordan Brand lost nothing by the departure of Wade.

Things shall get interesting..

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen now to Marquette, will they continue to be Jordan Brand school now that the relationship is over??

This is a Swoosh, no?

good for LiNing,,now the question is WHO's gonna buy that product???

definitely NOT me :pimp:

Last edited:
Looks like a Swoosh to me, but would Nike design a lacing system that ugly?

I like what they've done with the lacing as well and the pic itself has now sparked my interest.. But I have a few questions like where will these be sold?...

I wonder what will happen now to Marquette, will they continue to be Jordan Brand school now that the relationship is over??

I don't think it matters much. If anything the jumpman logo just gets changed to the swoosh. No big deal. Personally I'd rather have them be a Nike school.

Official Statement from Jordan Brand:
The Jordan Brand and Dwyane Wade have mutually agreed to end our relationship. We wish Dwyane well as he continues his career.

i think that lacing system looks real nice, but i can't see how it would be positively functional. if you do them up tight (when you play you really should do this), wouldn't it pull the tongue down?

Last edited:
The lacing system is definitely unique but can't be functional at all. I'm interested to see what the rest of the shoe looks like.

^^^

Li Ning is probably using a Nike Hyperfuse/Flywire shoe as their base.

my opinion he should have singed with either Nike, Reebok or even Addidas...trust D Wade won't get anywhere with Lining...my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom