Li-Ning Thread

Because his shoes aren't selling out otherwise

They can sell more than that easy especially with Wade in the ASG. Their marketing strategy is following the oldest trick in the book, making limited, QS, yada yada. The hype will be good for a day then it'll die down again. Price them the way they were when they were premium materials, make 1000 pairs they'll probably sell out, if not most of it. They still be making money and hopefully have the new customers come back, which won't happen if they are so limited. Li-Ning is a small fish. They will not grow with that thinking.

They can sell more than that easy especially with Wade in the ASG. Their marketing strategy is following the oldest trick in the book, making limited, QS, yada yada. The hype will be good for a day then it'll die down again. Price them the way they were when they were premium materials, make 1000 pairs they'll probably sell out, if not most of it. They still be making money and hopefully have the new customers come back, which won't happen if they are so limited. Li-Ning is a small fish. They will not grow with that thinking.
He posted there was 400 Vet Day 4s and they didnt exactly fly off the shelves. In fact they're still available in a lot of sizes on Sunlight. The fact of the matter is they can't sell much more. This is coming from someone who's been here before they were selling WOWs in this country. They bit off way too much trying to make their money back on him starting from the 2.5 on. The abandoning of the leather just made it that worse. I get there's people who "love" the brand, but those are the same people who get the stuff us "normals" never got. Maybe if that stuff was out there to buy, there would have been a longer and sustained #wowfamily and not what its become of 10 people getting to eat the good stuff and a flock of people leaving the brand. 

* This isnt an attack on you by the way. I dont know you, so I cant offer any opinions. This is solely my opinion on the brand and why pairs now rot regardless of how limited

Last edited:
Woooooo! shaw333 shaw333 with the 100% bullseye. I love this brand too, but the business model with the 4 is perplexing and agonizing. I do like the ASG as well. Let's see what happens...

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Vet Day 4 has no appeal what so ever. The AS pair is what "hypebeasts" flock to (not saying those of you here are HB that like them). I think they can sell 400 easy. If they don't then that's the risk they have to take instead of alienating the people that can't get them because there are "100" pairs. Even if they are on sale I'm sure they still make profit. It's not too late to make it right, but if that's what they want to do then so be it. Too many stuff to be had to stress over.

*I don't take it as an attack. Just good ole' discussion :nthat:. It's what makes the (sneaker)world go around. Companies need us not the other way around. This discussion is great so hopefully they take note.

That $190 retail price is keeping pairs on the shelves, it was a huge price increase from the 3's. Its a great year for basketball shoes and a lot of brands are bringing heat with prices ranging from $105 - $160. Nike is the only other company with prices around $200.

Still a big fan of the WOW line. I'm really interested in knowing if the price will increase again next year or if it will stay the same.

Last edited:
That $190 retail price is keeping pairs on the shelves, it was a huge price increase from the 3's. Its a great year for basketball shoes and a lot of brands are bringing heat with prices ranging from $105 - $160. Nike is the only other company with prices around $200.

Still a big fan of the WOW line. I'm really interested in knowing if the price will increase again next year or if it will stay the same.
I doubt they go up again, they are already having a lot of people on the fence at the price, and many people are too scared to wear anything other than what they know, plus Adidas and UA have been making huge strides

According to @personaltime they only had 13 pairs up there. Not surprised.
I find that hard to believe. Of the 100 pairs, it would seem the majority pairs would be at the actual event, for the actual festivities, where Wade was appearing. From the pictures and videos, it seems that many people were able to get their pairs.

Regardless, the store did get other colorways as well, so it's good to see the brand expanding to Canada, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

I find that hard to believe. Of the 100 pairs, it would seem the majority pairs would be at the actual event, for the actual festivities, where Wade was appearing. From the pictures and videos, it seems that many people were able to get their pairs.

Regardless, the store did get other colorways as well, so it's good to see the brand expanding to Canada, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so.
It also sort of forced people that waited in line to buy his other colorways of the WoW 4 to get signed. Sure, they didn't get the All-Star shoe, but half of them could've cared less. They wanted a shoe signed by DWade. Didn't really matter what shoe that was, they had 6 other colorways on hand for them.

It also sort of forced people that waited in line to buy his other colorways of the WoW 4 to get signed. Sure, they didn't get the All-Star shoe, but half of them could've cared less. They wanted a shoe signed by DWade. Didn't really matter what shoe that was, they had 6 other colorways on hand for them.
Well at least they had additional colorways. Any time one of these events occur, it helps the growth of the brand. They should continue to do these.

But did you get yours?? 

Did the All Might hidden Turnon get his pair?

A guy from the way of Wade Facebook group was number 17 on line and didn't get them. He got the filthy grays and D Wade signed them.

Back
Top Bottom