Life between ages 25-29 vol. is it still fun?

are u still partying as much as u did in college/when u graduated?

what about other stuff, like maturing and changes in what you value?

im 22, bout to turn 23 and was just wondering how much my life will change in the next couple years?

im 22, bout to turn 23 and was just wondering how much my life will change in the next couple years?

To me that would seem like the prime.
Actually making real money, you finally have a grip on who you are, and maybe you starting a family.
That's just what I think I'm only 20 can't pictures myself being married with a family in five to nine years though

get ready for a wild ride.

23-28 are fun years.
but it also depends on your group of friends too.

Depends 100% on the person, and their situation and what they value. Some people close to 40 are still trying to party it up as if they were in their 20's

Depends 100% on the person, and their situation and what they value. Some people close to 40 are still trying to party it up as if they were in their 20's

Actually making real money, you finally have a grip on who you are, and maybe you starting a family.
That's just what I think I'm only 20 can't pictures myself being married with a family in five to nine years though

get ready for a wild ride.

23-28 are fun years.
but it also depends on your group of friends too.

Life is what you make it.

I'm 25 and single. I'm having more fun now than I did in my early 20s.

Life is what you make it.

I'm 25 and single. I'm having more fun now than I did in my early 20s.

Originally Posted by QuaniBoiXi

i think its different for everyone.  personally, i dont go out or party anywhere close to what i did in college, and thats by choice.  not to sound too much like a boring old man, but i got a mortgage to pay, a career to worry about, etc... etc...  my body just cant recover like it used to.  if i go out on a random worknight and get absolutely s-faced, i am going to hate myself the next day.

while my early 20's was definitely a fun and exciting time, i honestly am happier now than i was back then.  i enjoy the stability. 

in terms of what has changed.

i still enjoy going out and getting hammered as much as i did when I was in school, but the timing is different.  more 5pm-8pm happy hour drinking rather than being at a club til 2am.  my taste for alcohol has changed too.  in college you drink whatever gets you most drunk.  i cant remember the last time i had a long island iced tea or an adios, whereas in college you would suck these down 1 after another.  now i drink scotch on the rocks (cant cut it with anything or else i end up with wicked hangovers).

i find myself spending my disposable income on things other than clubbing or bars.  im a big sports fan, and find myself spending more on attending sporting events.  that has become my "night out" for entertainment instead of blowing money at the clubs.

Originally Posted by QuaniBoiXi

i think its different for everyone.  personally, i dont go out or party anywhere close to what i did in college, and thats by choice.  not to sound too much like a boring old man, but i got a mortgage to pay, a career to worry about, etc... etc...  my body just cant recover like it used to.  if i go out on a random worknight and get absolutely s-faced, i am going to hate myself the next day.

while my early 20's was definitely a fun and exciting time, i honestly am happier now than i was back then.  i enjoy the stability. 

in terms of what has changed.

i still enjoy going out and getting hammered as much as i did when I was in school, but the timing is different.  more 5pm-8pm happy hour drinking rather than being at a club til 2am.  my taste for alcohol has changed too.  in college you drink whatever gets you most drunk.  i cant remember the last time i had a long island iced tea or an adios, whereas in college you would suck these down 1 after another.  now i drink scotch on the rocks (cant cut it with anything or else i end up with wicked hangovers).

i find myself spending my disposable income on things other than clubbing or bars.  im a big sports fan, and find myself spending more on attending sporting events.  that has become my "night out" for entertainment instead of blowing money at the clubs.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

none of this is guaranteed...it all depends on your situation at the time

Originally Posted by omgitswes

none of this is guaranteed...it all depends on your situation at the time

Just turned 26.....things are getting serious, not too sure about the fun part... 30 is coming and everything is slowly changing.

Just turned 26.....things are getting serious, not too sure about the fun part... 30 is coming and everything is slowly changing.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

tell me about it
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

tell me about it
30t6p3b.gif

This is that Mid-mid life crisis.
For good or bad, its a wild ride to say the least.

Absolutely.

Life during this time is great, granted that you have your career path in motion, independently living, are seeking out opportunities, and have options to choose from in life. This is the time when you can truly begin enjoying some of the fruits that you've earned, but also look forward to even greater things as you progress your life.

This is also when you begin to refine your tastes, and truly begin enjoying things for what they truly are. You realize that it's not all about the binge lifestyle, not about what is flashy/most immediately noticeable, and definitely begin to understand why quality trumps quantity in all important aspects of life.

If you're living essentially the same lifestyle as when you were 18-21, working a job that a 16yr old can do, living at home, and taking what life gives you; probably not.

Absolutely.

Life during this time is great, granted that you have your career path in motion, independently living, are seeking out opportunities, and have options to choose from in life. This is the time when you can truly begin enjoying some of the fruits that you've earned, but also look forward to even greater things as you progress your life.

This is also when you begin to refine your tastes, and truly begin enjoying things for what they truly are. You realize that it's not all about the binge lifestyle, not about what is flashy/most immediately noticeable, and definitely begin to understand why quality trumps quantity in all important aspects of life.

If you're living essentially the same lifestyle as when you were 18-21, working a job that a 16yr old can do, living at home, and taking what life gives you; probably not.

This is that Mid-mid life crisis.
For good or bad, its a wild ride to say the least.

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

Absolutely.

I don't have any statistics or anything but how many people can really say they are out on their own, in their career and living independently given the current state of the economy job market. A college degree is like a HS diploma and people with masters degrees are working at CVS

I dunno man...

Back
Top Bottom