Life without Fast-food.

It doesn't fail to see a packed line at McDonald's everyday on my drive home. I'll just look and think "do people have patience to preparefood for themselves?". Understanding the time of the day which being rush hours, you know when people are coming home from work, picking kids up, with ahand full. To be clear what people eat doesn't intrest me - I'm not a nutritionist. What I see is this characteristic of being oblivious to healththat could translate to other ignorant things like; superficial views on politics, dumbed down music, basically this isolated "bubble" thatdoesn't have room for a lifestyle of growth because of this capitalistic society which intrest is currency regardless of health for people. It's sadbecause 'they' feed off our dumbness, and appreciate seeing people die obeese from 30 second microwavable foods. So, instead of driving through mickeydeez nuts go ahead and gather a turkey sandwich, your body will thank you for it word.Yeah Just a gem.

home cooked dinner is really not that hard.... yesterday i made alfredo sauce from scratch with some tortellini... it took maybe 20 minutes.... and for afamily of four it was cheaper than probably one fast food meal

its instant gratification. some people work all day and do not want to "work" again in the kitchen

some people get hooked on the high sugar and salt content of fast food joints like mickey Ds. i myself allow myself one trip to mcdonalds every six months,just to "splurge," and even then, it's usually just one cheeseburger, and that's it.

these days, for me it's mostly grilled or baked chicken, turkey sandwiches, fish, lots of veggies and fruit, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and bread, etc. i hardly eat fried stuff, and i limit what processed foods i eat.

Ive cut back on fastfood in a major way since my metaboloism isnt the same from when I was in high school, but fastfood will still hit the spot if I'mhungry.

Shaky eating habits FTL.

I can't really control what I'm eating since from 8AM-10PM/12AM I'm not at home, and I rarely ever get the chance to eat breakfast. The only timeI'm really able to get food is during lunch when I go off campus or when I get to work around 4pm.

I usually only eat once or twice a day, and while I'd rather have it be home cooked, I don't get that opportunity.

sucks

cep micky d's gives me the BG's everytime. Have me like
eyes.gif
frown.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

home cooked dinner is really not that hard.... yesterday i made alfredo sauce from scratch with some tortellini... it took maybe 20 minutes.... and for a family of four it was cheaper than probably one fast food meal
EXACTLY WHAT I ATE LAST NIGHT...ADDED MORE SPINACH N SHRIMP INTO THE MIX...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...BELLISIMO!!

I have given up fast food for the last 3-4 years…and I cook on a regular 4-6 times a week, that's for dinner and lunches for work, and I seem to be doingok with all the running around and being a fulltime working mom. And if I do eat out, I am very careful on my selections. a little time and effort is all ittakes.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

cooking takes time...so if you don't have time fast food is very convenient
co sign... if they had a drive through sandwich shop i probably go there.. but there isnt and it would probably cost more then a big mac...

i dont' know how to cook. i still live at home. but sometimes i just get a craving for some disgusting greasy burgers or dog meat tacos from taco bell.

i figure as long as it's in moderation i'm good. plus im pretty active so its not like i eat fast food and just sit around all day

My mom or dad just doesn't have the time anymore, sometimes I don't either. Is like every man for themselves in my house. She does cook or we eat outtogether like twice a week. It's just so easy, especially when I'm at work to just walk 20 steps to Burger king. Yeah Im lazy, Im working on it though.

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
I've given up fast food and junk food in general
I am hoping to accomplish that myself. It's a lot less expensive to cook for yourself and in most cases healthier.

Ahhh, its pretty hard for me to give up on fast food. But, I'm trying so far. I'm really just trying just to eat sandwiches instead. ex- instead ofgoing to a fastfood place I go 2 a deli sandwhich shop. I think its a lil more healthier.

I'm moving this summer and I'm going to make a real effort to go back to cooking more. BBQ is the best thing ever, I can throw anything from wholechickens, wings, pork chops, different steaks, burgers, cutlets, whatever and throw an easy made side or some bread/toast and you got a home cooked meal going.Seasoning/marinading really isn't that hard and you get the feel for the grill right away. Foreman was good when I was living in a 3rd floor apartment butnot quite the same.

You just need to get yourself a wifey you can spoil and who can cook for you every night.

The hardest thing is lunch for me, I get fast food like everyday because you're out of the house and speed is the key. It takes a lot more discipline andknowledge to be able to find good food you won't get tired of bringing in a paper bag. It limits your options but eventually you have to cause all thatgrease gets to you.

Over the past 2 years I have drastically cut down my fast food intake. I hit popeyes a few times a year to get my chicken and biscuit fix and thats it.

wait, does subway count as fast food?

i usually cook...because fast food cant do justice. however if im on the road and just need a quick bite or have a taste for some peruvian chicken/pupusas orpanera....meh ill give in. but the usuals like micky ds, bk, taco bell etc...i gotta pass. that stuff dosent even appeal to me anymore.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

cooking takes time...so if you don't have time fast food is very convenient
hate this excuse, hell Rachael Ray makes 30 minutes (really 22 minutes of tv time minus the commercials) that has plenty of leftovers.
laugh.gif
Its cheaper to eat at home and healthier in the long run.

I actually like cooking at home (cleaning dishes, not so much). I always laugh when I see 25 cars in the McDonalds drive thru and nobody inside. It's likeyour not only too lazy to cook for yourself, but also too lazy to get out of your car and order inside.

Back
Top Bottom