LIGHT SKIN VS. DARK SKIN (Mods delete if inappropriate)

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Actually no, I know quite a few full-blooded West Africans who are "light skinned" who have no white in them. It's a continuum. So yes some most likely many "light skinned" African Americans are the product of interracial couplings but many are not. My little brother was light skinned at some point till he spent madd time in the sun for football and i'm the coffee shade. I'm sure my mom wasn't out smashing white men
nerd.gif
how do you know that? you might wanna do some research about europeans and colonialism. white folk were everywhere. white is in theresomewhere. if I spend mad time in the sun I get dark too. just because it wasn't in the previous one or two generations doesn't mean it's notfurther along. those genes can stay with us for many generations.

real talk anybody w/ REAL game know it don't matter what you are... i know brown skin dudes pull fine chicks...light skin dudes be pulling and dark skindudes....game recognize game.....tone of skin don't matter....and one of you dudes in here acting like you brown skin but you know you dark as thisbackground
laugh.gif
stop being in denial.....yea "shots fired"

enlightenedespot wrote:
L2L, you go tanning?
Never heard of black people, lightskin or not go tanning.

There's mad Africans where I am at that use creams and lotions to lighten their skin.
Its disgusting.

One of my cousins goes tanning and she's dark-skinned. I always give her the
indifferent.gif
, going extra hard to fit in with her white friends
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never had anything against light skinned dudes. They all my brothers but I have noticed a lot of them have crazy views on dark skinned ppl. Like theignorance runs deep. Every dark skin chick is ugly or automatically unattractive to them and dark skinned dudes get the African/Mayor jokes and it goes foranyone not as light as them
indifferent.gif
Try and crack jokes on regular brownskin males and females like they black as molasses.

I just never really got it. I credit it to how they grew up.

One thing I've noticed about light skin chicks is that although the pretty ones are pretty imo and this is probably just me they all look the same in asense. Like they're all the same type look wise. Due to that they never been that special to me where I'm taking them over any and every dark skinnedbeauty.

Yo AntonLavey post the vid on the other site. I wanna good laugh

I won't be arguing anything in this thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, just quote and
laugh.gif
It's not NT's fav topic. It's just something they love to expressignorance about.

I'm fortunate to never have had those kinds of imbeciles in my life. That's just insanity to me.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Actually no, I know quite a few full-blooded West Africans who are "light skinned" who have no white in them. It's a continuum. So yes some most likely many "light skinned" African Americans are the product of interracial couplings but many are not. My little brother was light skinned at some point till he spent madd time in the sun for football and i'm the coffee shade. I'm sure my mom wasn't out smashing white men
nerd.gif
how do you know that? you might wanna do some research about europeans and colonialism. white folk were everywhere. white is in there somewhere. if I spend mad time in the sun I get dark too. just because it wasn't in the previous one or two generations doesn't mean it's not further along. those genes can stay with us for many generations.

What part of my little brother is African don't u understand.........you seriously find it that hard to believe a black man can be "lightskinned" without having white ancestors?

[h1]Penetrance[/h1][h3]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/h3]
Jump to: navigation, search

Penetrance is a term used in genetics describing the proportion ofindividuals carrying a particular variation of a gene (an allele or genotype) that alsoexpress an associated trait (the phenotype). In medical genetics, the penetrance of a disease causing mutation is the proportionof individuals with the mutation who exhibit clinical symptoms. For example, if a mutationin the gene responsible for a particular autosomaldominant disorder has 95% penetrance, then 95% of those with the mutation develop the disease, while 5% do not.

Common examples used to show degrees of penetrance are often highly penetrant. There are several reasons for this:
  • Highly penetrant alleles, and highly heritable symptoms, are easier to demonstrate, because if the allele is present, the phenotype is generally expressed. Mendelian genetic concepts such as recessiveness, dominance, and co-dominance are fairly simple additions to this principle.
  • Alleles which are highly penetrant are more likely to be noticed by clinicians and geneticists, and alleles for symptoms which are highly heritable are more likely to be inferred to exist, and then are more easily tracked down.
Penetrance only considers whether individuals express the trait or not. For variation in the degree of expression of a given trait, see expressivity.
[table][tr][td]
[h2]Contents[/h2][hide]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://
[h2][edit] Associated Terminology[/h2]
  • complete penetrance. The allele is said to have complete penetrance if all individuals who have the disease-causing mutation have clinical symptoms of the disease.
  • highly penetrant. If an allele is highly penetrant, then the trait it produces will almost always be apparent in an individual carrying the allele.
  • incomplete penetrance or reduced penetrance. Penetrance is said to be reduced or incomplete when some individuals fail to express the trait, even though they carry the allele.
  • low penetrance. An allele with low penetrance will only sometimes produce the symptom or trait with which it has been associated at a detectable level. In cases of low penetrance, it is difficult to distinguish environmental from genetic factors.

Expressivity is a term used in genetics that refers to variations of aphenotype in individuals carrying a particular genotype. The term can be used to qualitatively or quantitatively characterize the extent of thephenotype variation given a particular genotype. The term is equivalent to the severity of a condition in clinical medicine. For example, the amount of bloodejected from the pumping heart with each contraction can be quantitated by echocardiography and is called the ejection fraction. If a specific genotype isassociated with the development of congestive heart failure, the expressivity would be represented by the range of ejection fractions seen in patients thathave that genotype. As a more qualitative example, the "blue" gene might have an expressivity of 25% for individuals that express the"blue" gene and appear light blue, and 75% for individuals that express the "blue" gene and appear dark blue. This differs from penetrance in that penetrance refers to the likelihood of the gene generating any phenotype atall, while expressivity refers to the influence of an expressed gene in individuals. Variable expressivity occurs when a phenotype is expressed to adifferent degree among individuals with the same genotype. For example, individuals with the same allele for gene involved in a quantitative trait like bodyheight might have large variance (some are taller than others), making prediction of the phenotype from a particular genotype alone difficult. The expressionof a phenotype may be modified by the effects of aging, other genetic loci or environmental factors.

Cliff-notes-Genetic variations do exist in skin-color among full-blooded African people. Not everyone in Africa is the same color......there is a range fromvery dark to very light. A trait like skin-color(melanin) exhibits varying degrees of penetrance and expressivity.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Obama x Drizzy effect are just no match for you dudes
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
we back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOL wow apparently every light skinned black person in America has been hiding under a rock for years and have been waiting for an excuse/ reason to come out. Really? you really need a celebrity to validate your ability to get women?
laugh.gif
For every light-skin celeb there's a dark skinned one that is just as if not more successful. I don't see your point. And if Obama fails (who's half white bdw, but if you want him to be the light-skinned personal messiah do you), does every light-skinned person go down with him?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Lol, you took this way too serious G.
laugh.gif
.. I've never been out of style my whole life with the ladies. At any rate, you darker dudes should behappy.. cause growing up, I got teased that I wasn't "Black" cause my skin color was more of a tan/ reddish complexion.

...I personally have taken my share of Ls and a great share of W's with women I've tried to get at. I've dated Light/ Dark/ White/ Asian/ Italian/Brazilian/ Jamaican ... the list goes on. I am drawn to a light skinned chicks tho.

But yeah... there was no point to be made.. it was all in fun. Personal "Messiah" tho?
smh.gif

laugh.gif
terrible.

nerd.gif
how do you know that? you might wanna do some research about europeans and colonialism. white folk were everywhere. white is in there somewhere. if I spend mad time in the sun I get dark too. just because it wasn't in the previous one or two generations doesn't mean it's not further along. those genes can stay with us for many generations.
Please my friend don't speak to soon.
I am full West African blood, Fulani tribe born and bred. My father is lighter than most mixed individuals that I know.
We live high in the mountains where it is very cold. But we aren't mixed with white at all. Whites didn't make it that far inland until independencefor obvious reasons. There are some in my tribe that are dark as Luol Deng and others lighter than most people in the mediterreanian.

The race that all humanity evolved from (the Capoid race of the Kalahari) is brown skin. So there are still many people of all races with a similar complexion.Even within the darkest black people, Mandingo, Wolof etc of West Africa to the lightest white people the Lapps and the Finns of northern Europe there arestill people of these regions with medium brown complexions and its not due to mixing races.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Obama x Drizzy effect are just no match for you dudes
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
we back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOL wow apparently every light skinned black person in America has been hiding under a rock for years and have been waiting for an excuse/ reason to come out. Really? you really need a celebrity to validate your ability to get women?
laugh.gif
For every light-skin celeb there's a dark skinned one that is just as if not more successful. I don't see your point. And if Obama fails (who's half white bdw, but if you want him to be the light-skinned personal messiah do you), does every light-skinned person go down with him?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Lol, you took this way too serious G.
laugh.gif
.. I've never been out of style my whole life with the ladies. At any rate, you darker dudes should be happy.. cause growing up, I got teased that I wasn't "Black" cause my skin color was more of a tan/ reddish complexion.

...I personally have taken my share of Ls and a great share of W's with women I've tried to get at. I've dated Light/ Dark/ White/ Asian/ Italian/ Brazilian/ Jamaican ... the list goes on. I am drawn to a light skinned chicks tho.

But yeah... there was no point to be made.. it was all in fun. Personal "Messiah" tho?
smh.gif

laugh.gif
terrible.

People need to stop saying I'm taking this too serious...I just wanted to have a discussion. I offered a rebuttal to the because Obama is"light-skinned" we in argument to show how absurb it sounds. I know most of you aren't being serious. If you're not just ignore my responses.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

nerd.gif
Please my friend don't speak to soon.
I am full West African blood, Fulani tribe born and bred. My father is lighter than most mixed individuals that I know.
We live high in the mountains where it is very cold. But we aren't mixed with white at all. Whites didn't make it that far inland until independence for obvious reasons. There are some in my tribe that are dark as Luol Deng and others lighter than most people in the mediterreanian.

The race that all humanity evolved from (the Capoid race of the Kalahari) is brown skin. So there are still many people of all races with a similar complexion. Even within the darkest black people, Mandingo, Wolof etc of West Africa to the lightest white people the Lapps and the Finns of northern Europe there are still people of these regions with medium brown complexions and its not due to mixing races.

PREACH!!!!!

preach.jpg

nerd.gif
uhh.. there are definitely pure lightskinned Africans.

if you and Beast4ya are the same person, just stop posting now.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Beast4ya wrote:

Beast4ya wrote:
I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
you probably notice more dark skin guys making black people look bad
eyes.gif
cuz thats how you feel deep down inside...IMO

lol sorry didnt mean to offend Sheena

*goes to post myspace, and send hate mail to Raheem Devine (sp?)*

jk

i'm not offended but i was being serious...its kinda like Disney movies where the bad guy is always darker compared to other characters...its kinda thrown in there subtly so you associate bad with dark...

and its Raheem Devaughn...

we really have beef now Rilla...got people usin my name in here like they know me...
mad.gif

be ready to go to war...
Oh, so NOW it's Rilla?
laugh.gif
...I'ma just cross my fingers and hope you're the sexy-when-madtype.

laugh.gif
Okay this thread aint as ignorant as I thought it'd be. A lot ofsensible, not so ignorant posts(still a few tho). I too started seeing this topic arise in college which perplexed me after 18 years of growing up in NYC,around all types of ppl and all types of black complexions.....

Rilla's first post is nothing but truth. Light skin ppl seriously trying to box me in as Anthony Mason look a like. Like really fam? REALLY? Lame jokes at that. I always wondered about how ppl perceive things after experiences like that. Like the way I see thecolor red probably isn't the same you see it. I aint no darker than Denzel man
laugh.gif
Besides all the jokes what's wrong with being dark anyway?

I still want to see this vid though.

Good looks on that info Anton & enlightened. I'll have to do some more research on that. But I'm sure that %** was a lot more common than is noted,word to Thomas Jefferson.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Beast4ya wrote:

Beast4ya wrote:
I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
you probably notice more dark skin guys making black people look bad
eyes.gif
cuz thats how you feel deep down inside...IMO

lol sorry didnt mean to offend Sheena

*goes to post myspace, and send hate mail to Raheem Devine (sp?)*

jk

i'm not offended but i was being serious...its kinda like Disney movies where the bad guy is always darker compared to other characters...its kinda thrown in there subtly so you associate bad with dark...

and its Raheem Devaughn...

we really have beef now Rilla...got people usin my name in here like they know me...
mad.gif

be ready to go to war...
Oh, so NOW it's Rilla?
laugh.gif
...I'ma just cross my fingers and hope you're the sexy-when-mad type.

mad.gif
since you had to take it there offering phone numbers...yes it Rilla

*Puts on flame suit*

Its always seemed to me that black folk raised in mostly white areas seem to take this whole light vs. dark skin thing more seriously. I mean those in mostlyblack communities talk about it to, but it just seems to be more in a joking fashion

Nothing personal aganist nobody, just from my own personal experience.

Yes, i'm black.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

*Puts on flame suit*

Its always seemed to me that black folk raised in mostly white areas seem to take this whole light vs. dark skin thing more seriously. I mean those in mostly black communities talk about it to, but it just seems to be more in a joking fashion

Nothing personal aganist nobody, just from my own personal experience.

Yes, i'm black.

I disagree... I would argue that its more serious to cultured black people because they see how the different complexions within the race are treateddifferently. Black people who aren't cultured (for lack of a better term) seem to pay the issue no mind. I only say this because I grew up in the innercity, but I def think its somewhat of a major issue...

Why is it that i hear jokes on how BLACK someone is.. but not how light skin someone is? please explain NT

Back
Top Bottom