Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

This is the first Wayne album I was actually blown away by
embarassed.gif

He acutally did great for this one he should let Kanye produce more of his tracks
ohwell.gif

It would be damn near impossible for this album to live up to expectations.

I've been giving a listen the past few days and think it's a pretty solid album. Not a classic, but it slaps.

Favorite tracks:
3 Peat
Mr. Carter
Got Money
Phone Home

Wayne has matured way more as an artist then I thought he ever would.

Tied My Hands - This joint will inspire more black kids than Barrack Obama's words ever could, especially the last verse. Great message.
Dr.Carter - Dude is dookin on basically all the rappers out there and its done tastefully. Beasting on this beat. Swizz went in on this one too.
Misunderstood - My goodness. Wayne is spitting some mature stuff here. Dude is really growing as an artist.

Commercial Friendly Tracks:
Comfortable - Basically better than most songs that sound similar to it.
Mrs Officer - This is a heat rock. They could make a tastefuly vid to this one to make sure this album goes 2x plat.
Lollipop - Already grew on the listening public like fungus.

Mixtape-+%! Songs:
3Peat - Wayne tries to hype up the album like he did with Fly In. Not as good as Fly In but its decent.
Nothin On Me - Fabolous and Elz both compete for best verses on the whole album. Dope.

Other Tracks:
Mr Carter - Very dope.
Playin With Fire - Starts off beasting "I feel caged in my mind, its like my flow is doing time. Im goin crazy inside but when it comes out itsfine".
LaLa - Not alot of Rappers could pull off this track. On some Eminem-Hailey Daddy's Gone Crazy tip. Talkin about his daughter.."Im richer than all ofy'all I got a bank full of pride" Still tastefully done.
Phone Home - Probably drug induced. The production is dope on this one. Wayne still goes off. Creatively done.
Got Money - skip this one, can't stand T-Pain.
Shoot Me Down - Very dope track.
Let The Beat Build - Wayne lets the producer get most of the shine here. He doesn't say nothing too moving, but the addition of effects every 8 bars Ithink it is. Its kinda similar to what James Brown would do to his band. Allow them to come in one by one and showcase em. Wayne's no James Brown, butthis one is Kanye flexing his producing muscle.

Wayne's mention of loving hip hop, telling stories and showing a more creative more mature side is a great look for hip hop. Dude is becoming an artist,not just a rapper. I don't think people give him enough credit. Probably because he's either from the south or his drug problem. Its a shame,they're not listening they're just skimming through it.

does anyone got the tracklist to LAX by the game?that album finna hit way more than this album....just wait til july 8th

is that jon b song the same one that leaked a long time ago???

and has anyone heard the will i am track???

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Wayne has matured way more as an artist then I thought he ever would.

Tied My Hands - This joint will inspire more black kids than Barrack Obama's words ever could, especially the last verse. Great message.
Dr.Carter - Dude is dookin on basically all the rappers out there and its done tastefully. Beasting on this beat. Swizz went in on this one too.
Misunderstood - My goodness. Wayne is spitting some mature stuff here. Dude is really growing as an artist.

Commercial Friendly Tracks:
Comfortable - Basically better than most songs that sound similar to it.
Mrs Officer - This is a heat rock. They could make a tastefuly vid to this one to make sure this album goes 2x plat.
Lollipop - Already grew on the listening public like fungus.

Mixtape-+%! Songs:
3Peat - Wayne tries to hype up the album like he did with Fly In. Not as good as Fly In but its decent.
Nothin On Me - Fabolous and Elz both compete for best verses on the whole album. Dope.

Other Tracks:
Mr Carter - Very dope.
Playin With Fire - Starts off beasting "I feel caged in my mind, its like my flow is doing time. Im goin crazy inside but when it comes out its fine".
LaLa - Not alot of Rappers could pull off this track. On some Eminem-Hailey Daddy's Gone Crazy tip. Talkin about his daughter.."Im richer than all of y'all I got a bank full of pride" Still tastefully done.
Phone Home - Probably drug induced. The production is dope on this one. Wayne still goes off. Creatively done.
Got Money - skip this one, can't stand T-Pain.
Shoot Me Down - Very dope track.
Let The Beat Build - Wayne lets the producer get most of the shine here. He doesn't say nothing too moving, but the addition of effects every 8 bars I think it is. Its kinda similar to what James Brown would do to his band. Allow them to come in one by one and showcase em. Wayne's no James Brown, but this one is Kanye flexing his producing muscle.

Wayne's mention of loving hip hop, telling stories and showing a more creative more mature side is a great look for hip hop. Dude is becoming an artist, not just a rapper. I don't think people give him enough credit. Probably because he's either from the south or his drug problem. Its a shame, they're not listening they're just skimming through it.
Great post

So you think Wayne is getting better?
grin.gif

I'm done with this post because.......Lil' Wayne was basically brainwashed people into liking his music no matter what. This is what I'vewitnessed in the post

-people saying "I just gotta put on repeat for a whole day and then I probably like it"
-people making excuses like "what do you expect...take it for what it is" (which is a subpar album in reality)
-people saying "Wayne isn't gonna give you focused songs and structured verses, STOP HATING"
-people blindly saying "CLASSIC"
-people comparing him to BIG, Pac (who I don't really like but respect), and Jay
-people saying "This is just as good as the other Carters"
-people saying "He had to push his album back and all the GOOD songs got leaked"

C'mon people really? I respect the people that kept it real in this post by giving reasons for there rating of the album whether they hated it or loved it. But really if a man says he's the best, the media builds him to be the best, and his peers act like he's the best (Kanye and Khaled) then YES! I setthe bar high.

Wayne is good rapper who puts clever words together but he rarely makes verses with substance or even direction.

Wayne is entertaining and I like him when he's on point....Hollywood Divorce, Dedication 2, Tha Carter I and II for examples but dude even through out thewalk in/ fly in type joints. This shouldn't even be called the Carter III, this is worse than a Whiteowl Mixtape. I LIKE WAYNE, I'M NOT HATING....Iwant him to reach his potential that he was about to reach but just fell off with this album.

If you can with a straight face say this album has reply value, is worth your money, and you would listen to it other than in the car then I have no beef withyou and respect your opinion but for the rest of the 99% of the population don't kid yourselfs.

Originally Posted by Uncle Cam

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

A million his first week? GTFOOH.....ahaha....who are these so called experts? Dude should feel fortunate to push 300-400K.

If you don't think people are going to be all over this album then you need to remove kanYe's **** from in front of your face.

Certified lame son.

A MILLION. Think about it. Are you not familiar with the game anymore? My dude Ursher barely moved 450K and that's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the state of the game. But 1 mill his first week? His buzz ain't poppin' like that. If he can moves 450 like Mr. Raymond, consider that a success in itself son. You dudes lack sense like a mothafff these days.

And oh yeah....enjoy banned camp son.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Was it worth it thinking Wayne can sell 1 million units???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A million his first week? GTFOOH.....ahaha....who are these so called experts? Dude should feel fortunate to push 300-400K.

If you don't think people are going to be all over this album then you need to remove kanYe's **** from in front of your face.

Certified lame son.

A MILLION. Think about it. Are you not familiar with the game anymore? My dude Ursher barely moved 450K and that's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the state of the game. But 1 mill his first week? His buzz ain't poppin' like that. If he can moves 450 like Mr. Raymond, consider that a success in itself son. You dudes lack sense like a mothafff these days.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Certified lame son.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the state of the game. But 1 mill his first week? His buzz ain't poppin' like that. If he can moves 450 like Mr. Raymond, considerthat a success in itself son. You dudes lack sense like a mothafff these days.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

So you think Wayne is getting better?
grin.gif

I'm done with this post because.......Lil' Wayne was basically brainwashed people into liking his music no matter what. This is what I've witnessed in the post

-people saying "I just gotta put on repeat for a whole day and then I probably like it"
-people making excuses like "what do you expect...take it for what it is" (which is a subpar album in reality)
-people saying "Wayne isn't gonna give you focused songs and structured verses, STOP HATING"
-people blindly saying "CLASSIC"
-people comparing him to BIG, Pac (who I don't really like but respect), and Jay
-people saying "This is just as good as the other Carters"
-people saying "He had to push his album back and all the GOOD songs got leaked"

C'mon people really? I respect the people that kept it real in this post by giving reasons for there rating of the album whether they hated it or loved it. But really if a man says he's the best, the media builds him to be the best, and his peers act like he's the best (Kanye and Khaled) then YES! I set the bar high.

Wayne is good rapper who puts clever words together but he rarely makes verses with substance or even direction.

Wayne is entertaining and I like him when he's on point....Hollywood Divorce, Dedication 2, Tha Carter I and II for examples but dude even through out the walk in/ fly in type joints. This shouldn't even be called the Carter III, this is worse than a Whiteowl Mixtape. I LIKE WAYNE, I'M NOT HATING....I want him to reach his potential that he was about to reach but just fell off with this album.

If you can with a straight face say this album has reply value, is worth your money, and you would listen to it other than in the car then I have no beef with you and respect your opinion but for the rest of the 99% of the population don't kid yourselfs.

Give the album a better listen. I think you're just waiting for clever punch lines to make you go "OH SNAP SON, DUDE JUST SAID HES HOTTER THAN ASUN RAY." This album IS hiphop. His storytelling, concepts. Its never dry. Stop listening to lines and listen to the whole song.

Everybody I know already has the album. Not to say he won't due numbers but this joint has spread like wildfire. You know you've been bootlegged hardwhen you entire cd is on youtube before it drops.

Originally Posted by Simoleons767

I swear some of yall go out ya way to hate on dude.

The CD aint the best ever, but its FAR from garbage.

Agree 1000%. I actually think it's a very solid CD.

Mama always told me I was crazy
And my @#*@ say I'm amazing, but I don't listen to a lady
But the %*!#* say I'm hot, I say no %*!#* I'm blazing
Like what the !#$$ you expect? I'm a $*+!%!!$*!#%# cajun...

pimp.gif

I have reserved my Judgment til now... I have been able to play it thru and thru since it leaked..
Mrs. Officer, had it been released as the next single would have been the single of the summer..It still has time, but IMO the T Pain song was used just tohype up the 2 most hyped up artists on the same track from the past year. I played mrs officer for my sister (who is in high school) and her friends, and theyLOVED it instantly and she has been singin it since monday.

As a matter of fact, ANY of the R&B joints on here could have been singles, all of them are pretty good.
Then you have the usual tracks that people have commented on.. Mr Carter( GREAT) Dr. Carter (Nice Concept, Creative), Nothin on Me( every verse was Blazing), 3Peat (nice way to kick things off), Misunderstood(great personal track), and A Millie(I have heard better versions of this track,im hoping the official has adifferent one)

A Millie and La La GO HARD in the system, so thats covered, and finally....LET THE BEAT BUILD...CRACK!!!
So with that being said, replace the monstrocity that is Phone Home and replace it with Gossip (that song was epic) or another joint that leaked earlier, andthis cd would be VERY GOOD...
IMO Weezy stepped it up compared to the last few appearances and mixtape material. And this is coming from a Sqad Up, Prefix, Suffix, Dedication 1&2 Erafan...

i laugh at dudes talkn bout the album lacks concept, and lack dis and lacks that.....blah blah blah alot of yall dudes r jus hate'n cuz if u put this upwit lets say Rick Ross' Trilla, Carter 3 is better and alotta people thought Trilla was a decent effort from Rick..... Yea the album has a few cookiecutter joints 4 wat ever reason that is but its still a solid album

Yall dudes kill me wit that concept garbage....lik every jay song on a jay album is a concept song.....lik kanye stays on one subject every song....get overthat garbage man....decent album not as deep as C2 or C1 but this joint shud do big numbers which alotta credits said wayne cudnt do

Back
Top Bottom