Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by you big dummy

http://

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

how come on amazon.com the tracklist is different from the GR? The tracklist on amazon has "whip it" (GR doesn't) and has "dontgetit" as "misunderstood?" Which ones right??

There's not a chance this is on the CD. I'm pretty sure that's Parlae's song.

Shoot Me Down, Tie My Hands, & Playing With Fire ,Let The Beat Build, & Mrs. Officer is the only tracks I can't leave alone these are constantlyplaying. Also 3Peat

Dr. Carter is my shizznik,
This album is on point. favorite track on the album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i must say, and i'm about to take a small L for saying this one, but thistrack is easily the best on the whole LP. most of you know i can't stand lil wayne. still can't, but it's refreshing to to see some originalityfrom wayne instead of the 99-percent crap he's on.

i have yet to really get past 'dr. carter' as this i can't get enough of it (for now). what i had heard so far has been kinda sucky. 'phonehome' is somewhat AITE.

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

The album is decent, its not ground breaking, and it certainly doesn't cement him as the best rapper out right now. Its a fun album to listen to and it has some tracks that are quite catchy, however a classic album is one where you don't skip over any tracks, and that certainly isn't the case here.

I like the CD, a few tracks are pretty skippable but Dr. Carter, Mr. Carter and Shoot Me Down make it worth listening to. Definitely not up to par as far aswhat he had to put out to satisfy the expectations.

The beat from A Milli makes me want to blow my brains out, that is so F'ing annoying....

LOL @ dudes giving this album 3/ 3.5 $+@ . stop that
People can give the album whatever rating they want.

Started out Hustlin, Ended up Ballinnnn
pimp.gif

Besides Playing with Fire, and Tie My Hands , La La has to be one of my favorites on the album

Great hook, Feelin Waynes flow, and Busta KILLS it.

This is the gripe i have with the people who hate wayne on here.....ok you dont like the dudes music i can understand that....but when you say $%#* like"he aint spittin bout nothin..."
do you honestly expect goin into a wayne album that he will be? the normal wayne fan knows dude just makes music to vibe to and and never been too deep withthe lyrics. i mean
if i want some deep $%#* i look elsewhere for that because i understand that this guy doesnt provide that....take it for what it is....its not meant to makeyou read into his lines like a lupe or nas.

Originally Posted by PAsSback

Started out Hustlin, Ended up Ballinnnn
pimp.gif

Besides Playing with Fire, and Tie My Hands , La La has to be one of my favorites on the album

Great hook, Feelin Waynes flow, and Busta KILLS it.

pimp.gif
now thats a hook and busta came thru on this one
pimp.gif

im really feeling this album so far
eek.gif
pimp.gif

goddamn, this album comes hard. i was never really impressed with wayne, but he came through big time with this album.
smile.gif

Heard it at work today. Album is nice but a tad disappointing. It really bothers me when people consider this dude the greatest. Don't get me wrong,I'm a big fan but theres no way he's the greatest alive. There are so many MC's above this mans lyrical abilities.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

its not a classic but still a decent album

yes it is a solid 4 ... even tho towards the end of the album it does falter a bit

I might catch hate for this, but Wayne is my favorite rapper and has been since Get It How U Live, when I first really got into listening to rap, Cash Moneyhad the rap game on lock, and Wayne just always stuck out to me. Now I will say Carter 1 > Carter 2 > Carter 3. But I still think the album is very good,it just sucks that this is the third version of the album, the first version along with the second, was leaked by the Empire as the Carter 3 Sessions, had someof the orginal songs been on there than Carter 3 > Carter 1

^^^^^ur right.....

the leaked songs killed wayne as far as makin C3 a classic album....cause he had the songs to do it

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

I might catch hate for this, but Wayne is my favorite rapper and has been since Get It How U Live, when I first really got into listening to rap, Cash Money had the rap game on lock, and Wayne just always stuck out to me. Now I will say Carter 1 > Carter 2 > Carter 3. But I still think the album is very good, it just sucks that this is the third version of the album, the first version along with the second, was leaked by the Empire as the Carter 3 Sessions, had some of the orginal songs been on there than Carter 3 > Carter 1
That's why I really don't know what to feel about this album. The carter 3 would have been great if what he originally wanted to put outdidn't get leaked. Now we have to settle for what is really like the 3rd effort.

let the beat build is fire
wasnt really feelin this album but it grew on me like the other ones

This cd grew on me a LOT. Its def not Wayne's most lyrical project but it was his best attempt at making full songs, & trying to appeal to allaudiences as far as albums go. No classic or anything but it's solid, & I really can't hate on it. Its had my cd player on lock the past few days,but still C1>C2>C3.

Back
Top Bottom