Lil Wayne contemplating Retiring after Carter IV?

After twelve albums (eight solo, three with the Hot Boys and one with Birdman) Lil Wayne is starting to think about hanging up the mic.

In a new interview with XXL the 28-year old hinted that his career might fade to black after his ninth solo album, 'Tha Carter IV' drops in August.

Of course we've seen this before act before. Jay-Z famously retired in 2003 only to return to the game three years later.

The big difference between the two is the fact that Jay doesn't have any kids while Wayne has four. With such a hectic schedule recording and touring, Weezy doesn't get to spend the time with his family that he would like to.

I’m bowing out still on top,

After twelve albums (eight solo, three with the Hot Boys and one with Birdman) Lil Wayne is starting to think about hanging up the mic.

In a new interview with XXL the 28-year old hinted that his career might fade to black after his ninth solo album, 'Tha Carter IV' drops in August.

Of course we've seen this before act before. Jay-Z famously retired in 2003 only to return to the game three years later.

The big difference between the two is the fact that Jay doesn't have any kids while Wayne has four. With such a hectic schedule recording and touring, Weezy doesn't get to spend the time with his family that he would like to.

I’m bowing out still on top,

He hinted at that in another interview too... I don't see him following through with it. He mightnot put out albums... But features & songs here & there Im sure will pop up.

He hinted at that in another interview too... I don't see him following through with it. He mightnot put out albums... But features & songs here & there Im sure will pop up.

I remember Wayne saying "you retire out, when you die out." "you never retire out of what you do." Dedication 2... soooooo guess he ran out of things to rap about (like 2 years ago) haha.. Don't like his new stuff, but still have everything he puts out on my itunes.. don't really wanna see him leave

I remember Wayne saying "you retire out, when you die out." "you never retire out of what you do." Dedication 2... soooooo guess he ran out of things to rap about (like 2 years ago) haha.. Don't like his new stuff, but still have everything he puts out on my itunes.. don't really wanna see him leave

i can see him maybe following Akon's footsteps with Lady Gaga, dude will be banking off of Drake & Nicki

i can see him maybe following Akon's footsteps with Lady Gaga, dude will be banking off of Drake & Nicki

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Co-signing this...
+

He's in love wit' music. I don't think anyone can picture Wizzle not being in the studio everyday.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Co-signing this...
+

He's in love wit' music. I don't think anyone can picture Wizzle not being in the studio everyday.

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom