Lil Wayne Disses Jay-Z On “It’s Goodâ€

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The subliminal's are lame. But Jay gets a pass and people make excuses like "Jay doesn't need to respond he is already winning" or "Jay already won" referring to the Welcome to the Jungle line.

People just don't want to see another Ether happen to the King.
When your the King, a leader, a boss, or an owner you can do what you want to do when you want to do it.  So if Jay responds, he responds, if he doesn't, then he doesn't.  Either way, whatever Jay does isn't really going to help himself so why give somebody who's under him which would be Wayne any help or satisfaction.  It's like Alonzo said in the movie Training Day........."you let the garbage man take care of the garbage" cause that's what Wayne is compared to Jay, garbage.

That's one way at looking at it which is convenient for all of his fans and stans but the other perspective is Nas exposed a weakness and ever since Ether seems any rapper with a slight issue with Jay (or none at all) has gotten out of pocket with this alleged king/leader/boss/owner like it was going out of style with no responses except for those sneak disses and subliminals. The only recourse left for stans is to speculate and concoct other methods for how Jay gave them the L i.e. "Jay leaked their album", "Jay got some gangsters to shoot him/at him", etc.

Then there's the whole not confining what a L is in the realm of hip hop as to make Jay look victorious in a completely irrelevant topic but even ignoring that I can understand ignoring some nobodies in rap but it's nothing short of a delusion to make yourself think you're above everyone when it's fact you're not. Sitting up in that ivory tower feigning superiority.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Drake is terry cloth.... His music still goes though.
I just assume dude came in writing for Wayne, so he still pretending to mob and whatnot 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The subliminal's are lame. But Jay gets a pass and people make excuses like "Jay doesn't need to respond he is already winning" or "Jay already won" referring to the Welcome to the Jungle line.

People just don't want to see another Ether happen to the King.

When your the King, a leader, a boss, or an owner you can do what you want to do when you want to do it.  So if Jay responds, he responds, if he doesn't, then he doesn't.  Either way, whatever Jay does isn't really going to help himself so why give somebody who's under him which would be Wayne any help or satisfaction.  It's like Alonzo said in the movie Training Day........."you let the garbage man take care of the garbage" cause that's what Wayne is compared to Jay, garbage.

That's one way at looking at it which is convenient for all of his fans and stans but the other perspective is Nas exposed a weakness and ever since Ether seems any rapper with a slight issue with Jay (or none at all) has gotten out of pocket with this alleged king/leader/boss/owner like it was going out of style with no responses except for those sneak disses and subliminals. The only recourse left for stans is to speculate and concoct other methods for how Jay gave them the L i.e. "Jay leaked their album", "Jay got some gangsters to shoot him/at him", etc.

Then there's the whole not confining what a L is in the realm of hip hop as to make Jay look victorious in a completely irrelevant topic but even ignoring that I can understand ignoring some nobodies in rap but it's nothing short of a delusion to make yourself think you're above everyone when it's fact you're not. Sitting up in that ivory tower feigning superiority.

What weakness did Nas expose??  The fact of the matter is as far as relevance goes or casting a spotlight on someone, that beef did more for Nas than it did Jay.  For what it's worth the spotlight that Nas then had for the time being kinda vanished and left him where he is today (still a legend of course).  For the rest of the rappers that have dissed or tried to diss Jay after Nas none of those rappers really had beef with Jay, they were moreso just trying to gain some attention, cause they were stuck in neutral going nowhere.  Even Jin the rapper made a song talking about "dissing Jay" as a pun to say that once somebody say Jay Z's name they get a little bit of attention again, or they get a thread for themselves on NT or any other social site.  From Jay's perspective his legacy is intact/solidified and as long as his money is not getting messed up because of some rappers diss I'm sure he could kinda careless.  It's pretty much been bad news for every rapper that has dissed Jay Z one way or another.   

What weakness did Nas expose??
The obvious one. That Jay isn't some master battle rapper that can lose one on one. Thus, the numerous amount of rappers taking shots immediately after. Cuz honestly if Jay had actually got in to it with some other rapper before Nas or if it never happened there wouldn't even be a thread with the likes of Lil Wayne dissing Jay

everything else you said aint even relevant to the post you quoted for the most part. W/e spotlight Nas had is exactly what I'm talking about when dudes bring up irrelevant points to the topic. If we were talking about who still was the main focus between the two then I can see why that would even matter. It's the same ol "Nas won." "But Jay's a billionaire so he won in the end." nonsense.

Also if Jay didn't care he wouldn't bother with subliminals and sneak disses. You know, if he really didn't care.

Originally Posted by MJKIDD2345

The only thing I get out of this thread is jay-z can do no wrong and he will never take an L.

"Right"? "Wrong"? Who cares? At te end of the day "it's only entertainment". It's music. People gotta quit lining up rappers against each other like it's real life.I like Jay's music, Nas's music, hell even Wayne's music from his older days. Liking any one if these dudes doesn't make you a stan, disliking them doesn't make you a hater. You just like/don't like the music. The end.

What weakness did Nas expose??
The obvious one. That Jay isn't some master battle rapper that can lose one on one. Thus, the numerous amount of rappers taking shots immediately after. Cuz honestly if Jay had actually got in to it with some other rapper before Nas or if it never happened there wouldn't even be a thread with the likes of Lil Wayne dissing Jay

everything else you said aint even relevant to the post you quoted for the most part. W/e spotlight Nas had is exactly what I'm talking about when dudes bring up irrelevant points to the topic. If we were talking about who still was the main focus between the two then I can see why that would even matter. It's the same ol "Nas won." "But Jay's a billionaire so he won in the end." nonsense.

Also if Jay didn't care he wouldn't bother with subliminals and sneak disses. You know, if he really didn't care.

Mad rappers also dissed Nas during his career, even after Ether. Rappers dissed Pac, BIG, Em, damn, if you're up there in stature dudes are guaranteed to take shots at you. As Reggie Jackson said, "they don't boo nobodies".

These two dudes made up and are gettin their money. The beef is done.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Ninja Cracks me up man lolol
prove that im wrong though...blueprint 2 was jay-z basically PLEADIN his case that Nas ain't do permanent damage to him....it was sad
laugh.gif

if it wasn't for that retirement bit people would've still been lookin at him like da "ether victim"

2001 was quiet for da roc, to this day when you go to a Nas show people chant "ether ether ether ether!"
Personally, i think blueprint 2 was the best diss of them all so i wont do that. he picked nas apart on that joint. exposed him for all his contradictions (that he accused Jay of ) 

Blueprint 2 was vicious "can't yall see that he's fake, rap version of Td Jakes"

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Am I the only one sick of Drake rapping like he's about that life. Dude That %#!! is lame as !#%#.
Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Drake is terry cloth.... His music still goes though.

WORD. 
Is Kanye hard or something?  What am I missing here

Dude doesnt rap about catching bodies repping the bee hive tho

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Mad rappers also dissed Nas during his career, even after Ether. Rappers dissed Pac, BIG, Em, damn, if you're up there in stature dudes are guaranteed to take shots at you. As Reggie Jackson said, "they don't boo nobodies".

I'm not talking about Nas in regards to that though. I never said Nas wasn't getting dissed after Takeover. I'm talking about the snowball effect after Ether and the constant excuses for why Jay never directly responds.

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

prove that im wrong though...blueprint 2 was jay-z basically PLEADIN his case that Nas ain't do permanent damage to him....it was sad
laugh.gif

if it wasn't for that retirement bit people would've still been lookin at him like da "ether victim"

2001 was quiet for da roc, to this day when you go to a Nas show people chant "ether ether ether ether!"
Personally, i think blueprint 2 was the best diss of them all so i wont do that. he picked nas apart on that joint. exposed him for all his contradictions (that he accused Jay of ) 

Blueprint 2 was vicious "can't yall see that he's fake, rap version of Td Jakes"
Blueprint 2 is a song that die-hard Jay-Z fans think is a win and everyone else sees as basically an admission of defeat...  Like someone else said it's like he's begging people "Why don't you see that I won?  Why don't you get it" because he realizes most thought he lost after ether...  Personally I feel that way, he as much as admits he lost on that song.  I don't know about Ninjahood's stupid hyperbole (yeah, sure, everyone would have seen Jay-Z as "that ether victim") but Nas definitely won that battle.
As far as the Drake thing, I see your point tune205.  Haven't really heard that Drake stuff but I take your word for it.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

I'm not talking about Nas in regards to that though. I never said Nas wasn't getting dissed after Takeover. I'm talking about the snowball effect after Ether and the constant excuses for why Jay never directly responds.

Jay did butt heads with Dipset/Wayne though and crafted whole verses towards them, not some sneak diss here and there. It was clear who he was addressing in those rhymes.

Anyways, alot of these diss records from the greats can be overrated. We as hip-hop fans tend to hype them up out of excitement but where actual career implications are concerned, rappers diss each other, sometimes shake hands afterwards (Jay and Nas for example) and keep it moving with their standing intact. Die-hard Jay and Nas fans will claim their favorite rapper won but at the end of the day they both cemented their status as GOAT artists during the beef.

Jay and Wayne though? IMO Wayne corniness with his rhymes ain't even warrant a response.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

dudes outright hate Jay after 10 years while Nas is barely holding a light to Jay's discography sicne then.
220px-Jayz-kingdomcome%28Front%29.jpg

laugh.gif
and i aint even gonna bother posting blueprint 3....is best album post black album was american gangster...Untitled alone >>> jay-z post blueprint 2 discography

laugh.gif
and i aint even gonna bother posting blueprint 3....is best album post black album was american gangster...Untitled alone >>> jay-z post blueprint 2 discography
Surprised most people don't say that. BP3, Kingdom Come, and half of BP2 were a mix of
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif

dudes outright hate Jay after 10 years while Nas is barely holding a light to Jay's discography sicne then.

laugh.gif

Meh, I liked KC *kanyeshug* BP3 is Jay's best commercial album post-retirement for all the flack it gets here.And for me HHID and DR > Untitled. Didn't like that record as much as some posters here do.

Then again, given your posts about Jay and you affinity with the ever (not) popular Dipset, of course you'd say something like Untilted >>> right?
laugh.gif

everyone could not be running fast enough away from this diss

Jay got everyone shook and he aint even said #!!*

like for real Jada Drake and Wayne like no no no no no we didnt mean it

"WE DONT BELEIVE YOU YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE"

this is funny to me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom