lines you never quite understood...

Originally Posted by bboy1827

This thread just made me realize the shift from lyrically talent Mc's to dudes with flow, becasue dudes don't want to take the time and think their way through songs.
wink.gif
...sorry bout the wall of text.

u gotta remember everybody doesnt like music the same and people listen for different reasons at different times... lupe is prolly my favorite rapper right now but he dont have no @#!$ u can just blast if u in a feel good mood... thats y u got cats like wiz who make that riding music... that @#!$ to drive to... music is mainly about emotion and most lyrical rappers tend to suck at makin hype/commercial @#!$...

lupe, cole, wale... cats like that dont have 1 song u can play in the club and not get the dj beat up...

Originally Posted by calikev34

"When my doors open up, they open up"

I think he didnt get how stupid that line was, like how can somebody say some thing so dumb.

Don't get it twisted I like to wild out and in the club also, I bump to Gucci and that Oh Let's Do it is my #+#$, well Diddy's verse. It's just getting to the point where we don't need actually talented song writers, simple hooks and heavy bass carry hip hop nowadays, and I fear for it.

"i am a boss, santa claus 3-d"- charles hamilton

"Tales from the Hood gonna sale like the 1st nintendo"- J Hood  ( thats just absurd
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Don't get it twisted I like to wild out and in the club also, I bump to Gucci and that Oh Let's Do it is my #+#$, well Diddy's verse. It's just getting to the point where we don't need actually talented song writers, simple hooks and heavy bass carry hip hop nowadays, and I fear for it.

itll be back... this is like the 70 all over again... everybody just gettin high and vibin to the music for the most part
laugh.gif

"i'm bout as uncool as some cover to a pool from a puddle like a monsoon but subtler" - Lupe

The hell is he taking about?

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

"i'm bout as uncool as some cover to a pool from a puddle like a monsoon but subtler" - Lupe

what song is this from?

Got the stove on my waist, and we cooks
I’m in the way, you can’t pass like Aaron Brooks- Wayne DOA freestyle

My friend and I were talking about this the other day.  Is he saying the old qb for the Saints sucks at passing.  Or is he talking about the guard for the Rockets, and he is saying he sucks at passing, or he has really good defense so you can't get around?  I guess I don't see a reason why Wayne would diss the Rockets guard though...

"irv gotti in the club gettin tipsy"
you mean errbody (everybody)...

Dead.

i don't think i have EVER laughed so much at a tread.
All yall who are scared to post because you don't want people laughing at you... forget about. Post your line, get enlighten.

uncool as some cover to a pool = hes uncool as in hot, because the cover of a pool gets shined on by the sun

from a puddle to a monsoon = self explanitory

the line really wasnt that deep or anything but i can tell its proabably the way he said it, all fast and bunched up that would make someone be like....the hell?

Originally Posted by MrWavez

uncool as some cover to a pool = hes uncool as in hot, because the cover of a pool gets shined on by the sun

the line really wasnt that deep or anything but i can tell its proabably the way he said it, all fast and bunched up that would make someone be like....the hell?
I got the uncool part but the what confuses me is 

"a pool from a puddle"
huh?

" like a monsoon but subtler"
what?

I'm really slow please explain those lines.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I got the uncool part but the what confuses me is 

"a pool from a puddle"
huh?

" like a monsoon but subtler"
what?

I'm really slow please explain those lines.
he's (figuratively) grown from the size of a puddle to a pool to a monsoon.

That Jay line "Im the 1 but remain raw like 5 divided by 4" <----- I just got that a couple of months ago while in a stats class i was going through the glossary. I literally jumped out of my seat like Oooo
eek.gif
Its not that deep tho

And I still dont understand the Big line when he said "If Faith had a kid it would be tupacs" I get the Tupac and Faith reference but whats the other it seems like it has a double meaning. Like 2 pacs she had twins or something

Originally Posted by tune205

That Jay line "Im the 1 but remain raw like 5 divided by 4" <----- I just got that a couple of months ago while in a stats class i was going through the glossary. I literally jumped out of my seat like Oooo
eek.gif
Its not that deep tho

And I still dont understand the Big line when he said "If Faith had a kid it would be tupacs" I get the Tupac and Faith reference but whats the other it seems like it has a double meaning. Like 2 pacs she had twins or something
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

from Gucci Trap House album I couldn't understand the line " you go play the crap table and I'll go get the slot machines" for a minute...that dude lisp was just all over the place

Not really a misunderstanding of the meaning, just a line that always had me like, WHAT?!

"When i first met ya i admit my first thoughts was to trick, you looked so good, huh, i'll suck on yo daddies ____"
eek.gif
nerd.gif
BIG

laugh.gif

I got another one....

Gucci Mane - "You know how these ho-s be"

"....$40,000 all in hundreds, eff a wallet, I didnt got to college but my ????? got a ????...."

I dont know what he says after college and it always bugs Me cuz I bump this song non stop lol

I just gotta say I don't think people are trying to just make good music and say F LYRICS. I think these rappers are just UN-EDUCATED and are INCAPABLE of spitting anything that's worthwhile to listen to. Because they can't they be like, "F this man I don't make lyrical shh I make shh to make you move." Really?

What's the point of having a flow?

To get your lyrics across in a way that they are easy to understand.

If you wanna make people move start making some damn beats. Stop making excuses.

Originally Posted by townlegend

I got another one....

Gucci Mane - "You know how these ho-s be"

"....$40,000 all in hundreds, eff a wallet, I didnt got to college but my ????? got a ????...."

I dont know what he says after college and it always bugs Me cuz I bump this song non stop lol

"bossed up, viper truck
drop top viper rally scrapin' by me two of us"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i don't really get any of the Christianity references that Jay Electronica puts down in Exhibit A

help?

Back
Top Bottom