|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant is the prize

If we tell him to pick his coach and pick his big man (Horford/Whiteside), that still won't be enough to lure someone who wants to win now

I think we're stuck with 2nd tier free agents

I just hope we don't throw money at Derozan, would rather develop our own young talent and sign quality veterans like Horford and Batum

Durant is the prize

If we tell him to pick his coach and pick his big man (Horford/Whiteside), that still won't be enough to lure someone who wants to win now

I just hope we don't throw money at Derozan, would rather develop our own young talent and sign quality veterans like Horford and Batum
Yeah, I agree. I don't see Durant or Westbrook leaving their situation right now to join the Lakers where they have to start from scratch all over again. We could probably land Derozan but we have too many 2s/3s as it is. 

Durant is the prize

Yeah, I agree. I don't see Durant or Westbrook leaving their situation right now to join the Lakers where they have to start from scratch all over again. We could probably land Derozan but we have too many 2s/3s as it is. 

Derozan
Batum
Whiteside

Is this possible? :lol:

If so we could be a legit playoff team

Derozan
Batum
Whiteside

Is this possible?
laugh.gif

If so we could be a legit playoff team
I'm assuming it would take a max contract for Derozan and Whiteside. Probably is possible. I don't think that makes us a playoff team just yet tho 
laugh.gif

Byron really has no idea what he's doing. Like, no clue. :lol: I can't think of a single wise thing he's done or said since he was hired. :lol:

Byron really has no idea what he's doing. Like, no clue. :lol: I can't think of a single wise thing he's done or said since he was hired. :lol:

i really dont know what he does at games. hes a body that subs and keeps the coach seat warm. i legit cant stand him. would rather have mike brown. at least his expressions were gold.

havent seen noblekane around these streets. looks like it my warriors until the lakers get it together |I

[quote name="CP1708"]Byron really has no idea what he's doing. Like, no clue. :lol: I can't think of a single wise thing he's done or said since he was hired. :lol:[/quote]I don't really care what he says.

actions > words

And when I watch us, it's a trainwreck.

Still not sure why Russell & Randle can't get the start to get the team going..

We have come out lazy every game except the Suns game.

As it stands right now...kobe has 33000 career points. If im adding correctly. Kevin harlan didn't mention it...duno if billy mac did.

Some really cool and funny stuff from this article:

He laughed as he talked, because, after all, he earned the last laugh. His Lakers tortured the Kings before the Giants could even spell the word. The Kings’ first trip to the NBA Finals was all but booked, and then it wasn’t. The first NBA title was theirs, because they would have been overwhelming favorites against the Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Nets, and then it wasn’t.

Ah, but thanks for the memories. That epic Kings-Lakers drama had everything, including an officiating scandal, scintillating individual performances, beautiful collaborative basketball, blown opportunities, missed free throws, a mysterious cheeseburger room-service caper, and it ended with Kobe and Shaq and Phil Jackson celebrating a fork-to-farm, in-your-face victory.

The worst of it for the Kings, though? The bitter taste that lingers?

Bryant swears the better team lost.

“(The Kings) should have won,” he said while seated at his locker in Staples Center late Sunday afternoon. “That was the second-toughest series ever after the 2010 Celtics (in the NBA Finals). Man, we couldn’t figure them out. It was like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands. It was the ball movement, the fact they had playmakers at every position. They had shooters at every position. They had length, speed. We couldn’t get hold of them. They just didn’t handle the pressure of the moment.”

“I remember climbing that mountain,” former Kings guard Doug Christie said, “and finally we got there. We knew we were the better team. We were ripe and ready. Then that series was so intense, the cities of Sacramento and L.A. going at it, their two alpha dogs in their prime, their dominant big man against our center who was big, with a skill set. When I look back on it now … there certainly were things we would do differently. But it was magnificent basketball.”

Fourteen years later, the dissection of that seven-game classic remains a roller coaster adventure. Christie bemoans the Kings’ sluggish start and eventual defeat in the series opener at Arco. Divac is haunted by the blown 24-point lead and last-second tapback to Robert Horry in Game 4. Nearly every NBA journalist voiced suspicion about the officiating that sent the Lakers to the free-throw line 27 times in the fourth quarter of Game 6.

Kobe offers his own take, citing the Kings’ horrific foul shooting (16 of 30) in the deciding Game 7 and the toxic room-service meal he says hampered his performance in Sacramento’s bounce-back Game 2.

This is his story, and he’s sticking with it: Room service the night before. A bacon cheeseburger for the entrée. A slice of cheesecake for dessert. Someone, he insists, deliberately messing with the meal and giving him a serious case of food poisoning.

“The sickness wasn’t the worst part,” he said. “The IVs I got before the game, the needles were so big, and I got them in both arms; I couldn’t stop them from bleeding during the game. So (trainer) Gary (Vitti) was taping it up, and at one point, I couldn’t bend my arm it was so constricted.”

Source:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article53399020.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom