|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she always run business side but if there not selling she beats Jim..just saying

-Dwight Howard billboards
-Kobe's extension.. In which she defended it by saying "cap space is not a warm and fuzzy thing."
-Adam Levine wearing a LaMarcus Aldridge Lakers jersey
-The dominant presence of Free Agent Pitch meeting. Which are generally not about basketball, but business opportunities.
-She's responsible for all the public infighting which makes the Lakers look bad.
-And believed to be the biggest proponent of Byron, how accurate that is, we'll see.
-Also she has routinely said she's had final say, so if she wanted something like Phil and not Mike D'Antoni (even though Dr. Buss made the decision), she could have said we will wait on Phil.

Last edited:
Really look at the moves made by Jim and Mitch since Dr.Buss died..Too numerous to name..Heres one MDA over Phil whether as a coach or front office..been a trainwreck since

^ It's true that Jim and Mitch have conjured up all of the problems, that lead to complaints that a lot of fans have.

Jeanie, however, has the final say in everything, so everyone should have just as big an issue with her as they do with Jim.

Bottom line if front office doesn't change in someway it doesn't matter who the coach is or salary cap space..no top tier players will come knowing how dysfunctional the organization..Scott was a bad hire he's old school and needs to coach vets not young guys...we need a teacher not a ego my way or hard way..

Let's have some fun...

View media item 1895090
Throw in Lakers 2nd Round Pick & Next Year's 2nd Round Pick for a Top 18 Protected Wizards 1st Round Pick. The 2 - 2nds Start to Vest when the 1st vests.
-if that doesn't work.. Change the Wizards 1st to a 2nd (This year's). And they get back next year's Lakers 2nd, we keep this year's 2nd.
- Then use 32-33-34 whatever it ends up + 50ish to try and get to 25-27

Wizards:
-Need to desperately make the playoffs.
-While I think they are behind OKC, GSW & us for KD, missing the playoffs would be a disaster in trying to get him.
- They are currently 11th 3 games back.
- Bass is better than both Humphries and Gooden.
- They get another bench scorer in Swaggy, who I do like, but playing for Byron just isn't going to work. He's one of the many players who can't be successful under Byron.
- At least gives them some bodies that takes off the playoff strain.
- Still have money for KD if Swaggy & Bass (Player Option) were to still be there. I assume they are moving on from Nene.

Lakers:
- Need to clear time for Tarik Black... Trading Bass would do that.... Although watch Sacre get 20+ MPG in response, or Humphries our new Center :lol:
- Would presumably help the tank, but I have faith that Black would play as well as Bass, also fits better with Russell
- We get another asset in a pick, if not this year, next year.
- We open up about $4.9-5.1mil in extra cap space by trading Swaggy
- We'd be at about $61.2-61.4mil in cap space, about $2-3mil off from 3- 25% max deals.

*Nope I wouldn't trade Lou Williams, unless we absolutely had to because we needed the cap space. Although Lou is by no means a superstar, having Lou Williams under a very friendly deal is a good selling point. All These Kids + Lou Williams and can add more versus All These Kids and we can add more.. It's at least some cachet with a veteran.

Last edited:
I'd give up the #1 or #2 pick for him in a heart beat. Say we do get Durant...

Cousins
Randle
Durant
Clarkson
Russle

:smokin

One can only dream....

+hits the blunt+ How bout this...lakers draft ingram then sign kd. It'd be almost like having prime jordan and rookie kobe on the same team, prime kobe and rookie durant or what have you. Throw in horford. +passes blunt+ dynasty bro. Purple reign :pimp:

Force Mitch to resign
Promote Ryan West let him run the show
Jim take a backseat and be an owner not a basketball ops guy.....no more puff daddy all in the videos....dancing

They (Mitch and Jim) probably need two more seasons to see this rebuild through. However, I could totally see them stepping down/replaced if it blows up again next season.

If they manage to steer this tank into another #1-2 pick, and add Ben or Ingram (or Murray) to DLo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown, and Black with a ton of cap space, I would be completely ok with them staying longer. Even if it's blind luck them running into multiple tanking seasons, that's one helluva bright future. The picks don't have to be mega stars, they just have to be solid, improving young guys.

Peeler, Lynch, Eddie, Van Exel, which of them was the superstar that made Shaq want to sign on?

Walton, Bynum, Farmar, Sasha, and then trading for Ariza and Shannon, guys who simply supplemented Kobe/Pau/LO.

Get the young core, let that start to attract a player or two, if one/two of them blow up and become great, swell. If not, no harm, they can become those role players that still add depth thru your system.

Add to that, once they do become good, because you drafted them, you have the ability to pay them up over the top of the salary cap, unlike if you had to buy each and every player on your roster. Hence, their (much) added importance.

Byron has to go (after the tank parks) but Buss/Mitch are putting the pieces in place, and now remain flexible enough to build something. They'll have gotten lucky with those lottery protections, but thank God for them. :lol:

But they are only tanking only to try to rectify the mess they created themselves with the Nash trade and losing all stars for nothing in return

Maybe even give Calipari the 10 year $120 mill deal he wants to run the whole show. I mean, this is a glamor franchise . We need big names

Last edited:
Not sure what Jim or Mitch could've done better for the Lakers to be in a better position. Hire someone else other than Byron?

For all the slack they've gotten for some of their FA pitches, those were long shots anyway.

Some things may not have worked out but they were moves worth being made for the most part. The Nash trade was definitely questionable and probably an overpay - especially in hindsight - but the reasoning was there.

Last edited:
But they are only tanking only to try to rectify the mess they created themselves with the Nash trade and losing all stars for nothing in return

Like I said, luck.

Luck that Melo said no.

Luck that we tanked "enough" to land Randle, DLo, and hopefully Ben or Ingram this year.

But, solid scouting pulled Clarkson, and looks like Nance.

And if we luck into something again, maybe our 2nd round pick nets something decent on top of all the other youth.

They really have just lucked into this I believe, like none of it is calculated, we're fortunate that they've been incompetent and guys have turned us down b/c we could just as easily been stuck in purgatory with no young talent or picks. And the jury will still be out on the picks they have made for another few years or so. As silly as it sounds Byron is the only decent move they've made that has paid direct dividends so far.

Also just saw Jerry West and asked him if he'd come back to us, just smiled and said you never know.

Last edited:
I still honestly think it was a calculated risk. Mitch has talked before about how the veto emphasized to them that they were going to have to build thru the draft. Plan A was cp3 and dwight, impromptu plan b was nash, pau, dwight, and plan c tank. 13-14 may have been some luck, they weren't really trying to lose but the pick was unprotected so you don't have to tank so hard. When you put protection on a pick it makes tanking a lot more palatable. This team's ceiling is like 7th worst anyway so the losses don't sting as much when it's the difference between a potential franchise player or nothing.

Last edited:
Lakers taking another L tonight..

Which will set another franchise shameful record at 11 game losing streak :smh: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom