|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Got me hyped!!!

DLo, Ingram, Randle, let's goooo!!!

Oh, yeah, Clarkson. Got my head chewed off for leaving him out before. 
laugh.gif

It's no disrespect. I just honestly don't see him long term. I see him helping us land a big drop in the bucket.

Don't shoot me. I don't run things. I'm just saying, in my mind, that's how I think of those 4.

So long as we sign Whiteside and Bazemore, I'm content with FA. Can't wait to see what goes down this coming week

We need a crazy dude on the squad that won't take no BS TBH. White side can be that dude :pimp:

Last edited:
We need a crazy dude on the squad that won't take no BS TBH. White side can be that dude :pimp:

Whiteside has diet KG syndrome with toughness. No way in hell dude is an enforcer either :lol:

I really have no idea where the hell some of these Whiteside opinions are coming from

Last edited:
I would full court press Hassan Whiteside before anybody. Offer him the full 4 year max, sell him on Los Angeles. Sell him on new marketing opportunities that would come from being a Star in Los Angeles. But most importantly, sell him on being the first guy to come here to bring Los Angeles back to prominence.

Russell / ??? / Huertas
Clarkson / Lou Will
Ingram / ??? / A. Brown
Randle / Nance
Whiteside / ??? / Black / Zubac

Then you go after KD... See if you can get a meeting, and see if Whiteside moves the needle.

If it's a no. Which it probably should be.. Then you move on. You go after Kent Bazemore for 4 year / $60mil. First year about $14.025mil

-Trade Nick Young + 2017 2nd Round Pick for Taj Gibson..... Gibson last year of deal, we get out of having to stretch Swaggy and spending $2.222mil by stretching him...
-If that falls through, then you look at every other team with plenty of space to look to take Nick. Throw in the 2nd in 2017.
-If you still can't find a deal at all, you have all of July to do so, then you stretch his deal.

Russell / Clarkson / Huertas
Clarkson / Lou Will / Bazemore
Ingram / Bazemore / A. Brown
Randle / Nance / Gibson
Whiteside / Black / Gibson / Zubac

(Gibson has had a decent run as a Center in short minutes the past 2 year)

We would have $20.7mil (if Swaggy is stretched) to $22.9mil left in cap space... Would be smart to sit on it, or go after a guy for $10mil for 1 season. Based on that roster, you should probably look at a PG.

Then you into 2017 with $48.4 to $50.6mil in cap space depending on whether Swaggy was traded or stretched. The roster would look like

Russell / Clarkson
??? / Lou Will / Clarkson
Ingram / Bazemore / A. Brown
Randle / Nance
Whiteside / ??? / Zubac

Having Bazemore & Clarkson could allow for Lou Williams to be expendable for a draft pick, to boost the team to $54-56mil in cap space.

Last edited:
For the millionth time why is everyone so hype to give Bazemore a large deal... this dude was on the squad just two years ago and could barely crack the rotation on a team full of bums, now suddenly he's worth 15 mill a year ?... Not to mention Wtih Clarkson/Ingram/Nance/Lou Will why take minutes away from them for Bazemore... If the young guys develop the way we expect his role on the team is even more useless

Dudes are acting as if he's some kind of Elite shooter, last year was his best year and he shot 35% from three, 44% from the floor & averaged two turnovers in 27 minutes as a wing player with not much duties handling the ball. Not to mention he's undersized playing the 3 spot.

Was there some kind of insider article that hyped this guys production or something, i have NO IDEA why people are throwing up pitchforks towards other names but are happy to sign a average role player who's already 26 & give him 60 Million.

Adding this dude takes time away from our youngins, waste cap room, doesn't really make us much of a better team, and not a singular soul in the NBA is gonna look at the roster and think hmmm i always wanted to ball with Kent Bazemore..... :smh:

Last edited:
Defense... Position versatility

Offense that is more closely similar to Mike D'Antoni than it is to Byron Scott, where he gave us 45/37 from the field and 3. As for not cracking the rotation, he played 28 minutes per game over 23 games. He was traded to us with 26 games left in the season

He's not my top 5 option... KD, Whiteside, Horford, Batum, DeRozan.... At least 3 of those 5 options are not happening

Last edited:
All I ask is to trade Lou Williams for Jodie Meeks and a second rounder.

Edit:

Or to Philly, for one of their second rounders that are owed to them.

Last edited:

Offense that is more closely similar to Mike D'Antoni than it is to Byron Scott, where he gave us 45/37 from the field and 3. As for not cracking the rotation, he played 28 minutes per game over 23 games. He was traded to us with 26 games left in the season

He's not my top 5 option... KD, Whiteside, Horford, Batum, DeRozan.... At least 3 of those 5 options are not happening

how much versatility does he honestly bring you tho? he can guard 1/2 Some 3's. he's 6'5 and isn't exactly the strongest player on the court. He's a career 35% shooter from 3, is sloppy with the rock and offensively isn't much of a slasher or creator.

Hell Lou williams is giving us that production on half of that salary & the difference btwn him and bazemore on offense is just as wide as the difference between Bazemore and him on defense. That 15 mil per can be used A lot smarter, look at some younger dudes, smaller contracts and let them get a shot, we are still in a space where we can afford to take risk on players.

Essentially we would be paying 15 mil per for a dude who in a year probably wouldn't be starting for us, doesn't improve our team much at all, and who's best attributes is being an slightly above average defender, and a 35-37% shooting. I understand we are in need of talent but that kind of production can be had for much less than 15 million a year, especially when you consider that this team is still far from being a contender.

how much versatility does he honestly bring you tho? he can guard 1/2 Some 3's. he's 6'5 and isn't exactly the strongest player on the court. He's a career 35% shooter from 3, is sloppy with the rock and offensively isn't much of a slasher or creator.

Hell Lou williams is giving us that production on half of that salary & the difference btwn him and bazemore on offense is just as wide as the difference between Bazemore and him on defense. That 15 mil per can be used A lot smarter, look at some younger dudes, smaller contracts and let them get a shot, we are still in a space where we can afford to take risk on players.

Essentially we would be paying 15 mil per for a dude who in a year probably wouldn't be starting for us, doesn't improve our team much at all, and who's best attributes is being an slightly above average defender, and a 35-37% shooting. I understand we are in need of talent but that kind of production can be had for much less than 15 million a year, especially when you consider that this team is still far from being a contender.

He guarded the best perimeter player for a playoff team.

He's got a 6'11" wingspan. 2 inches of height means nothing when you have the wingspan.

Bazemore is also a good locker room guy on top of that. And works his *** off

Go look at the Free Agents... Go look and you tell me who you would spend the money on, and lock up long term. Who is not only cheaper, but would be a better fit... LONG TERM. Remember PFs are out. And you really can't do much at PG.. If your goal is to eventually move Clarkson into a 30 minute 6th man

You know what... I got an idea.. Let's not spend money on anybody ever.... Let's play Russell / Clarkson / Ingram / Nance / Randle for the next 5 years. Because nobody is worth the money they will get

Last edited:

He's got a 6'11" wingspan. 2 inches of height means nothing when you have the wingspan.

Go look at the Free Agents... Go look and you tell me who you would spend the money on, and lock up long term. Who is not only cheaper, but would be a better fit... LONG TERM. Remember PFs are out. And you really can't do much at PG.. If your goal is to eventually move Clarkson into a 30 minute 6th man

You know what... I got an idea.. Let's not spend money on anybody ever.... Let's play Russell / Clarkson / Ingram / Nance / Randle for the next 5 years. Because nobody is worth the money they will get
In all fairness, 2017 is one of the best free agent classes ever.  I don't think the Lakers need to spend money just because they have it.  Get Whiteside if you can, let everyone else blow their cap, make a bigger splash in 2017.  This team is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

When sliding in the DMs go wrong shorty exposed him so i guess he's made up his mind in coming to LA
That is saying if that **** is real.  I don't believe for a second that the dude has sprint.  That service is god damn atrocious.
you do know that those screenshots came from  the chick he was trying to holla at right

she was the one receiving the messages thus his sent messages are on the left just like a regular text convo

she got sprint 

do you guys even dm? 

wink.gif

Last edited:
In all fairness, 2017 is one of the best free agent classes ever.  I don't think the Lakers need to spend money just because they have it.  Get Whiteside if you can, let everyone else blow their cap, make a bigger splash in 2017.  This team is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Is it? Because what I see from it, is a lot of guys staying put.

To sign a 10 year player (KD, Chris Paul) and a less than 10 year player (Westbrook, Blake, Heyward) you would need $65mil in cap space.

If the cap is $107mil

Whiteside, Russell, Ingram, Randle, Nance, and stretch Swaggy year 2 of 5... You would still be short money

Also why even bother with CP3. That would be diminishing returns. Good luck paying 4 years starting at $35mil. And KD & Westbrook with Whiteside and the young guys wouldn't pass up OKC if KD & Westbrook were to stay in OKC for a year or two

So there's no bigger splash to be made, or at least in the way you want to make a splash. You improve the team now, and try to sell 1 of those names on joining in 2017.

Last edited:

That's the thing your acting like we HAVE to invest money longterm. i could understand if there small deals but Giving out 15 Million to a player who will have very little impact on the future of this team is reckless spending. Tying money up into players we need guys who will be starters in a few years Okay... Tying up money in a role player who will take away time from Clarkson & ingram, and won't even make us close to a playoff team is ridiculous.

When your in a bad situation with young players and probably not sniffing the playoffs, i say give out 1-2 year deals to some young players, vets who may have not been in the right situation. Evaluate talent and move from there. I'm in no rush to "lock up" a borderline starter. Toronto did this with Biyombo last year signed him on a 2 yr, 6 million dollar contract & now teams are lining up to pay him 17 Mil + a year. Portland got Ed Davis, Harkless & aminu all for cheap last year.

We are in a situation where we have a lot of young talent already, If we're gonna use our cap then i rather us go after real impact players & if not continue to try and grab value pick ups. Kent Bazemore at 15+ is DISGUSTING value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom