|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric PincusVerified account
‏@EricPincus
Lakers have given qualifying offers to Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black & Marcelo Huertas making all 3 restricted, not Ryan Kelly @BBallInsiders

Good, means we have dibs on Black still, and I suppose Huertas, tho I don't really worry about him much.

Black I want kept.

I don't care anymore. Get rid of everyone in the FO.

I wasn't on that boat before, but everyone in the FO other than Mitch needs to get the axe.  This Lakers team is going to be legit bad for the next three years.

Man, y'all in a hurry already. :lol:

Calm down folks. Come on. You see the core, you see what WILL come, relax with the 3 years doom and gloom. Relax guys.

This team as constructed is a 25 win team next year.  Other than KD, whiteside, Horford, and Derozan, no one is really making much of an impact on that.  When we go through all this **** then waste $60M in cap on two turds like Barnes and Ezeli then we will have wasted the last 4 years.

I don't care anymore. Get rid of everyone in the FO.

I wasn't on that boat before, but everyone in the FO other than Mitch needs to get the axe.  This Lakers team is going to be legit bad for the next three years.

Man, y'all in a hurry already. :lol:

Calm down folks. Come on. You see the core, you see what WILL come, relax with the 3 years doom and gloom. Relax guys.

3 years tho? we've been buns for a minute now. Even when we werent tanking.

Might as well tank again this season. There's no grey area to sports, either you're a contender or you might as well tank to get better. There's no honor in middle of the pack. In being not good enough to win and not bad enough to be the worst. That 9-10-11 spot is purgatory.

Last edited:
Whiteside is gonna sign with Dallas that has a 100 year old Dirk and no upside on the roster, Miami can't even sign him, and the Lakers won't even get a look with 60 million on cap space and tons of young guns.

Whiteside was out of the goddamn league 2 years ago. This is a FO issue. Period the end. They tried to fill a competitive team with boozer, Lin. And last year with lou bass and Hilbert. Fell *** backwards into these picks.

This team as constructed is a 25 win team next year.  Other than KD, whiteside, Horford, and Derozan, no one is really making much of an impact on that.  When we go through all this **** then waste $60M in cap on two turds like Barnes and Ezeli then we will have wasted the last 4 years.

Wasted 4 years? Those years are why we have Randle, Clarkson, DLo, Nance, and Ingram. Wasted? :nerd:

Calm down folks.

Hell, Whiteside was our target I'm sure, but don't you think he probably feels some type of way towards us for not givin him a chance back in the day? Is it that unbelievable that he rather not meet with us? Despite our efforts to lure him back?

As much promise as our core has, it's still a tough sell to guys who are mainly in their prime. The FO can't give Ingram and D'Lo any more on court experience or showcase them any more.

We just thought Whiteside might be too blinded by the LA scene that he might look past that.

Hell, Whiteside was our target I'm sure, but don't you think he probably feels some type of way towards us for not givin him a chance back in the day? Is it that unbelievable that he rather not meet with us? Despite our efforts to lure him back?
Then why meet with the Mavs?  They didn't give him a chance back in the day either.  Makes no damn sense.

One more year of tank here we come.  Time to play more roulette in the lottery.

We have basically instituted the Sam Hinkie plan.

Last edited:
We landed Ingram, a 19 year old 7 foot Center, fired Byron, hired Luke, and already people are talkin depressing summer? :lol: :rofl:

RELAX.

It's not getting fixed overnight. Relax.
Cmon bruh. I get what you're trying to do and it's a good poker face to have at this point but don't sit there and act as if not one prominent free agent wanting to come here isn't a problem and won't be disappointing.
In particular Whiteside because he was really are only shot.

Then why meet with the Mavs?  They didn't give him a chance back in the day either.  Makes no damn sense.

One more year of tank here we come.  Time to play more roulette in the lottery.

We have basically instituted the Sam Hinkie plan.

Naw man, we HAD him in and turned him away. The Mavs didn't. (that I'm aware of) There's your difference.

Look I love Mitch and Ryan west. They're excellent at what they do. But the public perception is that the FO is a **** show. If that's the case, clear house.

Jeanie is even worse, funding this narrative that Jim and Mitch don't act like family and all this. If I could I'd get rid of Jeanie I'd do it yesterday.

Look I love Mitch and Ryan west. They're excellent at what they do. But the public perception is that the FO is a **** show. If that's the case, clear house.

Jeanie is even worse, funding this narrative that Jim and Mitch don't act like family and all this. If I could I'd get rid of Jeanie I'd do it yesterday.
The idea of having a brother and sister work with one another is a terrible idea.  There is a reason why that **** usually doesn't happen in business.

We landed Ingram, a 19 year old 7 foot Center, fired Byron, hired Luke, and already people are talkin depressing summer? :lol: :rofl:

RELAX.

It's not getting fixed overnight. Relax.
Cmon bruh. I get what you're trying to do and it's a good poker face to have at this point but don't sit there and act as if not one prominent free agent wanting to come here isn't a problem and won't be disappointing.
In particular Whiteside because he was really are only shot.

Sure, I'd love to sell multiple players on coming here, but if they aren't teaming up, signing just one isn't going to magically change anything.

What will, is seeing DLo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, #32 who's name I'm never going to remember, and Luke show what THEY can do. When that happens, THEN guys will willingly sign up.

Why you think P been sayin singles and doubles? :nerd: That's to improve the team and stop swinging for the fences. (Melo, LMA, Durant, etc)

I find it funny I'm called mr. Whiny

Take a look around the thread noble :lol:

I'm excited for this next season even if we don't sign anyone. Ingram was a win to me. Firing Byron was another big win.

Good offseason to me no matter what happens from here.

Are derrick Williams and Evan Turner foul balls? Cause that's really what's about to happen. Foul balls.

The Lakers are coming off a 17 win season. This is the negative part of being bad/subtly tanking. Prominent free agents are not going to a team that just won 17 games. 

The team has been rebuilding for 3 years. That's absolutely nothing in sports. Luke just needs to show his coaching chops and the young guys need to show their talent level in the next year or two to get people to be interested. I honestly believe we are in a great position. It's just going to take some time. 

I don't get the outrage?

Oh and edit: That's why I found the hate for Derozan to be hilarious. In this market where almost every team has a max contract Derozan is clearly worth it and he's a player that will help you improve to attract more people in the future. He's clearly a top 5 free agent in this class. 

I still don't want him 
laugh.gif
, but a lot of the hate is from pure ignorance about the new financial climate and overestimating how quickly a 17 win team can become appealing.  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom