|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about 6 games, it's about seeing skills

Aside from a set shot and a no look pass, what can he do?

He's slow motion out there and can't blow by ANYONE in a half court set

I guess we should give him 2-3 years to develop quickness and heart

....and when is the media going to challenge Kobe and Byron in these press conferences?? John Ireland is such a fanboy, making me miss TJ Simers

Last edited:
[quote name="geraldg2309"]
giphy.gif
[/quote]Man that's a nice pass. :smokin

Flashes :smokin

How is he ever going to be ready if he keeps getting subbed out? Dude needs to conquer his "fears". At that, Lou Williams is playing like trash in this game as well. At least sub in someone who is playing well
He was in the whole time until about 1:30 left after he left Langston wide open to hit the 3
Russell should've challenged the shot better, but the initial wide open shot was because Clarkson decided to cheat after Russell got screened.

Realistically this stretch is the worst we'll be all season in my opinion, if we don't get better moving forward that is when you really start questioning coaching, not just based on the X's and O's, but more are these players really buying into Byron Scott.

Right now, rotations still haven't been nailed in, Russell is playing bad (I don't care if you think he will turn it around and become great or not, just right now he's not playing better than any backup in the league), and Kobe has looked rusty and lazy.

I give this another 2 weeks of play like this before real rumblings of coaching change start to happen. We here question every call BS makes, but if the Lakers start off 1-10 or worst, I think the pressure really gets to Scott. I can totally see a situation where he resigns in order to save some face, and then we have Madsen come in and coach out the year, with them once again starting the search for a new coach in the summer. They'll tell any high profile free agent, go have at it pick your coach.

Regardless, although this game was close, it was one of the worst games for me, no real progression from our youngs (Russell, Clarkson, and Randle) and Kobe didn't show out. I expect one of those two to happen for me to consider it a good game.

Only bright note is MWP still playing hard out there, and Nance can really have, if given the playing time and confidence, the most impact of the rookies this year, defense doesn't need as much learning time as offense, and he can play D out there.

As always go Lakers!

Last edited:
Realistically this stretch is the worst we'll be all season in my opinion, if we don't get better moving forward that is when you really start questioning coaching, not just based on the X's and O's, but more are these players really buying into Byron Scott.

Right now, rotations still haven't been nailed in, Russell is playing bad (I don't care if you think he will turn it around and become great or not, just right now he's not playing better than any backup in the league), and Kobe has looked rusty and lazy.

I give this another 2 weeks of play like this before real rumblings of coaching change start to happen. We here question every call BS makes, but if the Lakers start off 1-10 or worst, I think the pressure really gets to Scott. I can totally see a situation where he resigns in order to save some face, and then we have Madsen come in and coach out the year, with them once again starting the search for a new coach in the summer. They'll tell any high profile free agent, go have at it pick your coach.

Regardless, although this game was close, it was one of the worst games for me, no real progression from our youngs (Russell, Clarkson, and Randle) and Kobe didn't show out. I expect one of those two to happen for me to consider it a good game.

Only bright note is MWP still playing hard out there, and Nance can really have, if given the playing time and confidence, the most impact of the rookies this year, defense doesn't need as much learning time as offense, and he can play D out there.

As always go Lakers!
Dude they've had the easiest schedule six games in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude they've had the easiest schedule six games in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does that change anything i've said?

They look bad out there, when they get it together they'll most likely still lose, but at least they'll look better.

I'm not concerned with their opponents, you could have put them up against D League teams and they'd still look horrible, but eventually I believe once Russell gets more acquainted, Kobe (contrary to what many believe) gets back to being more average than horrible, and when rotations are pretty much finalized, they'll be more competitive regardless of opponents.

If not coaching change is due.

Edit: I think you are mistaking me saying bad stretch in respects to W/L and schedule, i'm talking as a whole how the team is playing, this should be their worst stretch with all the early learning pains and rust from Kobe. This was probably their easier, schedule wise, stretch of the year, but I anticipate or at least hope they play better, regardless of W/L's

Last edited:
That's fair. However, I have a difficult time seeing Kobe playing much better than now which is scary and depressing.

That's fair. However, I have a difficult time seeing Kobe playing much better than now which is scary and depressing.

I have to believe there is no way he continues to play like this.

This is a prideful guy here, no way he goes out shooting airballs and underhanded layups missing everything.

He knows his play is bad, he's commented on it. I have to believe he knows his best chance at playing well is below the 3 point line and with him being a mix of low post player and elbow shooter, and his Magic Bryant days.

I mean but i'm optimistic, I think it gets better, I didn't buy league pass to watch these **** boys lose every game.

Last edited:
He seems to be facing reality a bit (finally) with his retirement comments, so hopefully that means he's about to tone down the forced superstar shots.

One thing I noticed watching it live. By the way, so much more to pick up on live....is that Kobe can't get into rhythm. And when he does, he has a couple minutes left before he's out. By the time he gets back in, he's cooled off and has to find his rhythm again

That + age = where we are with him.

He battled with Melo and all things considered did a good job on him.

It's just he doesn't have the physical tools anymore to punish guys on offense, so it's like a lawn mower, it takes a few button presses and a few yanks of the cord to get it going. But when it's going, it's running fine. But if you stop the mower, let it sit for a while, you gotta press the button and yank the cord a couple times again.

Just need to find how to get that mower started within the offense.

Nonetheless all of them gave that game up. Just horrible last 4 minutes of the game.

Last edited:
All of that may be true but still doesn't explain the horrid shot selection and not moving on offense.

Wouldn't you agree he needs to do a better job of staying within the offense throughout the game?

His rhythm is a part of it but he simply needs to change the way he's playing.

He just needs to give up on the 3. He still has his mid range shot for the most part.

I'm sure I'll regret this in a few years, but please lawd jesus make this be kobes last year

Shooting 30% or worse is the new normal , so sad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom