|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe with 31 pts in a win over the Wiz. Glad he gave us some flashback game finally.

Last edited:
The reason for our Tank:

XE2hTZ1.jpg
amazing stat and hair line 

I'm sure Essential's been up in here and convincing y'all that the Lakers are better than this, that they shouldn't tank, he probably thought they'd win 35 games this season :lol: (got respect for you tho bro, long time no talk!)

I'm sure CPs been here rooting for the tank (which by all means, is the right thing to do)

But the tank needs to be the number one priority right now for the Lakers, last night was a loss, no matter what the scoreboard said. Protected top 3 is dicey and the fact the odds are slim to get the number 1 pick - you still need to ride that tank wave, because a 10-40% chance to land Ben Simmons is worth it. Absolutly.

I was rooting for the tank last year for my Knicks and we got Porzingus :smokin (thanks by the way! :lol:) but good luck to y'all, embrace the tank, hope for it, and don't get discouraged!! I'll love to see y'all back to being relevant and a NYK vs LAL finals in 5 years :smokin

Last edited:
He might be the most "sure thing" since Lebron

I'd trade 2 of our young studs and the #2 or #3 pick for the top pick

I'm sure Essential's been up in here and convincing y'all that the Lakers are better than this, that they shouldn't tank, he probably thought they'd win 35 games this season :lol: (got respect for you tho bro, long time no talk!)

I'm being a realist :lol:

Always said that the team would look like a 20 win team for a long period of time, and then the 2nd half they'll turn it on a bit... Just because Russell, Randle & Clarkson will be better, and become more comfortable.

And there's nothing we can do about that... Other than starting to sit those 3, which is counter productive.

Always said that the team would look like a 20 win team for a long period of time, and then the 2nd half they'll turn it on a bit... Just because Russell, Randle & Clarkson will be better, and become more comfortable.

And there's nothing we can do about that... Other than starting to sit those 3, which is counter productive.

na dude, you can still play the 3 young bucks and still continue the tank - don't worry, ya'll will still a bottom 3 team :lol:

You just gotta be on "team tank" and deal with it, is that possible for you tho? :lol:

Can't front, it does get weird rooting for your favorite team to lose but hey man - future.

na dude, you can still play the 3 young bucks and still continue the tank - don't worry, ya'll will still a bottom 3 team :lol:

You just gotta be on "team tank" and deal with it, is that possible for you tho? :lol:

Can't front, it does get weird rooting for your favorite team to lose but hey man - future.

I did last year.

And it all depends on how they progress.. They could hit a brick wall, but if they play well.... They'll sneak wins in.

I want them to play at their best level as much as they can for rookies and 2nd year players... If they lose, they lose... But I highly doubt that these 3 based on their skill sets can't / won't sneak in wins. Won't make them a playoff team by any means, far from it. But they can still pick up wins, especially as Russell & Randle get more comfortable, and put together consistent strings of good games.

And if it's those 3 who do it, it's worth it.

That's my position on it.

Last edited:
I did last year.

And it all depends on how they progress.. They could hit a brick wall, but if they play well.... They'll sneak wins in.

I want them to play at their best level as much as they can for rookies and 2nd year players... If they lose, they lose... But I highly doubt that these 3 based on their skill sets can't / won't sneak in wins. Won't make them a playoff team by any means, far from it. But they can still pick up wins, especially as Russell & Randle get more comfortable, and put together consistent strings of good games.

And if it's those 3 who do it, it's worth it.

That's my position on it.

Respect it, but I'm gonna have to disagree amigo.

Of course you want them to play well and learn the game, but that can be accomplished while tanking - Sort of making it a Win/Win.

Simmons really changes things tho.

Last edited:
Leave it to a Knicks fan to come in talking sense. He's absolutely right though. The tank is the only thing that matters. Maximize the chances to get Simmons.

Respect it, but I'm gonna have to disagree amigo.

Of course you want them to play well and learn the game, but that can be accomplished while tanking - Sort of making it a Win/Win.

Simmons really changes things tho.

Since 1985, only 4 times has the worst team won the # 1 pick. So just 12.9% of the time. Based on that, you have to tank, but can't tank too well....

So it doesn't really maximize chances at all to get the # 1 pick by being in the worst team.

It's a damn crapshoot when it's a protected # 3 pick... When are you guys going to realize that the lottery isn't as simple as losing the most games will guarantee you anything.

We go through this year after year, after year.

Because we could tank, be the worst team, and still lose the pick. Just take the season how it will come. If we keep the pick, great. If we lose the pick, it sucks. But it isn't the setback that it would have been had we lost it last year. Although, we'd be in contention for it this year without Russell, and likely Rondo.

Last edited:
Just peeking in as a casual observer, but I get what E is saying.

There's no need to be all in on the tank because you're going to get mad when LAL picks up wins in the 2nd half of the season that they aren't supposed to and it'll be because of Randle, Clarkson, and Russell. So what do you do then? Not play the future? That's not ideal. Plus tanking doesn't guarantee anything.

So if it happens, it happens, but i'm sure most laker fans would want their young core to keep progressing and emerging.

Last edited:
What happened in the past last year really doesn't matter now. Bottom line is worst record gives you the best odds.Simmons is looking like a generational talent. But it won't matter anyway last night was just a blip, I'm confident in Kobe and Byron co-piloting the ship. The young guys will have no choice but to play so that's not a concern.

Since 1985, only 4 times has the worst team won the # 1 pick. So just 12.9% of the time. Based on that, you have to tank, but can't tank too well....

So it doesn't really maximize chances at all to get the # 1 pick by being in the worst pick.

It's a damn crapshoot when it's a protected # 3 pick... When are you going to realize that the lottery isn't as simple as losing the most games will guarantee you anything.

We go through this year after year, after year.

Because we could tank, be the worst team, and still lose the pick. Just take the season how it will come. If we keep the pick, great. If we lose the pick, it sucks. But it isn't the setback that it would have been had we lost it last year. Although, we'd be in contention for it this year without Russell, and likely Rondo.

I know the statistics, I know the numbers dude - It's a dicegame. But if the Lakers are a bottom 3 team, they have a good chance of having the ping-pong balls swing in their favor - better chance of them getting a top 3 pick - bad luck happens tho, (like the Knicks last season, getting the 4 pick), but they were the second worst team in the league so the 4 pick was the worst they could have done.

Getting the number 1 pick will be a gamble, of course, nothing is guaranteed - don't need to tell me that. But a 10-20% chance of landing Simmons or an even higher chance of being in the top 3 shouldn't be brushed aside.

This is all tongue-cheek tho, because I don't think the three young guys will sneak as much wins as you think. Lakers could be that bad without purposely tanking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom