|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is The Weasel our coach?

D lo only had 1 assist... We should trade Randle for future picks.

Last edited:

yes-rudy1.gif

D'Angelo Russell, Los Angeles Lakers: A-minus

Russell's game-winner on Saturday overshadowed the fact that he struggled in the first half of that game.

No such problem on Monday, as Russell torched the Warriors for 22 of his 26 points (in 24 minutes) during the first half. When Russell's 3-point shot is falling like it was Monday (4-of-7 from beyond the arc), he's tough to contain in the pick-and-roll.

And it's understandable that he got up 13 shots with just one assist, though his four turnovers are tougher to excuse.

LOSERS: Los Angeles Lakers

They, umm, did not read the big man market correctly. Timofey Mozgov is about to turn 30, coming off knee surgery that ruined his season, and the Lakers rushed out of the gates drooling with an offer that nearly equaled or trumped deals for Ian Mahinmi, Ezeli, Bismack Biyombo and any number of big men who fit their timetable better than Mozgov.

Meanwhile, Durant ignored them. Everyone knew the Lakers, in this ragged state, would have a hard time convincing stars to join. No one envisioned a day when stars would cold-shoulder requests for a courtesy meeting in the league's offseason capital.

With A-listers blowing you off, you can't worry about hoarding cap space for two max contracts in 2017 -- especially when any team can magic up cap space in a pinch. The Lakers need to rebuild their culture and find veteran mentors. Luol Deng checks both boxes. Mozgov might, too, but the Lakers could have found a younger and more intriguing center at the same price.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16992129/rating-won-lost-nba-free-agency-period

Last edited:
I think the wizard of moz will definitely have a better year than mahinmi and ezeli and possibly even biyombo. Dude was REALLY good when he first got to the cavs, I was shocked and impressed. If he's healthy he just has so much impact and presence on the game. I was completely down on him when the trade to Cleveland happened but then as I watched him play I couldn't deny he had some game.

Last edited:
Considering he's only getting 5 million and is for 1 year I'd say that's a win as well when we got the Russian version for 12x more and 3 more years.

2016 Salaries

View media item 2098452

What they should be doing come 2017...

1. If you can't find a trade for Nick Young, hold on to him. Never play him, except for garbage time, and hope he declines his 2017 Player Option (In all honesty, who would he play over anyway Russell, Clarkson, Deng, Ingram, Lou take up all of the minutes 1-3).

If he picks up his option, then you stretch his contract.

2. Trade Lou Williams & 2017 2nd for a 2018 1st Round Pick.

3. Let Anthony Brown go, then re-sign him after everything is done to a higher contract. I.e. the room exception. IF he improves.

4. Do not guarantee Tarik's 2nd Year.

5. Do Not Guarantee Marcelo's 2nd Year.

View media item 2098457

Can chase Russell Westbrook $28.8mil, and have $8.5mil for a bench player likely at the 5. Could come back to Tarik again

If you look at the Top 30 from Hoops Hype at least... There's only a few viable options... 1. Russell Westbrook 2. Gordon Hayward 3. Nerlens Noel

The rest are restricted, and guaranteed max deals that will be matched, and a few guys who don't fit at all

Last edited:
It's gonna gonna be funny once the season starts and all the dudes caping for the garbage signing see how trash mosgov is and wasn't worth a penny of that contract

It's gonna gonna be funny once the season starts and all the dudes caping for the garbage signing see how trash mosgov is and wasn't worth a penny of that contract

:lol: caping.

Work on your reading comprehension. We all said it was overpaying, just not crippling like some others claim. That ain't caping.

:lol: caping.

Work on your reading comprehension. We all said it was overpaying, just not crippling like some others claim. That ain't caping.
Everytime someone comments on the trash signing you make a comment defending it from the second the signing was announced [emoji]129300[/emoji] .. If you can't see this was a terrible signing period you're a homer ....everyone except delusional laker fans agree it was terrible

In your opinion. Your opinion isn't fact. Just cuz he don't agree with you the man delusional :lol:
Proceed mah dude.
who are you ? I wasn't talking to you b and cp is know for acting like any opinion other then his is delusional but you caping for this man for what ? Kick rocks

Roy and Moz aren't similar in playing style at all tho. Moz is mobile.

A more mobile bum vs a non mobile bum. They're still both bums unless you're going to tell me a guy with career averages of 7 and 5 and been a backup player for the majority of his career is not a bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom