LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Big Ten new split ....

• Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern and Minnesota.

• And Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.
the Ohio St/Michigan game will be kept alive

Kept alive in that now they could play twice a year instead of just once like it should be.

Originally Posted by dreClark

^

Is your man still telling you that Terry Bell is leaning UT/Almost committed @ camp? lol

laugh.gif
no, he never said leaning to UT, he said he almost committed. and I told him dont believe that.

He stands by him almost committing and  i told him, what does "almost commit" mean ...
laugh.gif
no response

Originally Posted by RoOk

Is it me or does the division that tOSU is in seem easier?
how is it easier? You always have to worry about Wisky & Penn State basically every year and every once and awhile Purdue.

[h3]UNC's Austin suspended indefinitely[/h3]
University of North Carolina football coach Butch Davis hassuspended defensive tackle Marvin Austin indefinitely, the schoolannounced today.

Austin will not play Saturday against LSU.

"Thisdecision is not a result of the ongoing NCAA review," Davis said in astatement released by the school. "Marvin has violated team rules andhas neglected his responsibilities to the team."

Ken Tysiac

and to think, if Austin keeps his #*%!++ mouth shut and doest try to "stunt" in his twitpics, NONE of this comes to light. Not One peep

smh.gif
$%@!+% can never keep they hook ups to they #*%!++ self. #*%!++ idiots

PROVO, Utah -- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe says the Cougars' move to independence in football has plenty of risks and, he hopes, even bigger rewards.

Holmoe gave some details Wednesday about BYU's athletic future. While football will play without a conference, other sports are joining the West Coast Conference starting next year.

By leaving the Mountain West Conference, BYU was able to negotiate its own broadcast rights for football. BYU announced that the school has an eight-year deal with ESPN to televise the Cougars on one of the network's channels.

BYU said it has also agreed to a six-game deal with fellow independent Notre Dame. Holmoe says the two schools are still working out the details.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

How hasn't ever team banned Twitter?

And Ohio States divison is harder

Outright banning its use raises issues of denial of freedoms, especially at public schools, and I imagine would make coaches look like hard %+#%+ to recruits.  It's a minor thing but when a coach is trying to seemingly dominate every aspect of his players' lives it doesn't look good.  They're kids but they should be responsible for what they say.  And honestly, these days if it weren't Twitter it'd be something else so what's the point?

And I think the Big10 split looks fair and even pretty even assuming all the schools play to their potentials.  I see the balance of power swinging from division to division every few years. but this year tO$U's division def looks like it'll probably be the stronger one.

I didn't even notice that with addition of a conference championship it might mean Michiganv. tO$U playing twice in a year which I'm unsure how I feel about.  On one hand I understand the maintaining traditions argument and if I were a student of either school I'd probably be staunchly against this, but really it's 2010, it might be time to get over that.  And I mean in 2006-2007 didn't almost everyone want a UM v. tO$U rematch in the national title game anyway? (the game UF stomped them in?)

I wouldn't be surprised if the schools administrations wanted the possibility of two games a season just so they can build it up and cash in twice.  Michigans a long way from threatening to play in a conference championship game though.

Back
Top Bottom