long distance relationships....who's succeeded? who's failed?

It's been awhile, NT.

Just curious to see how many of you have benefited from a long distance relationship. I remember hearing advice from numerous people telling me to break it off before I left for college. For the most part it is pretty difficult, but all in all it has been worth it thus far. Who's had bad experiences with it? Temptations with other girls? Share stories...

It's been awhile, NT.

Just curious to see how many of you have benefited from a long distance relationship. I remember hearing advice from numerous people telling me to break it off before I left for college. For the most part it is pretty difficult, but all in all it has been worth it thus far. Who's had bad experiences with it? Temptations with other girls? Share stories...

not sure, but going to have one coming soon. not really that far away, just about 2 hours away

not sure, but going to have one coming soon. not really that far away, just about 2 hours away

it can work, yall just gotta make time for yall to be able to see each other. i got a couple chicks (not really relationships) thats in mississippi cause i went to college out there, & i get one of em to come out here to atl like every week or 2 & i go back out there like every month. i wanna cuff one of em too...

it can work, yall just gotta make time for yall to be able to see each other. i got a couple chicks (not really relationships) thats in mississippi cause i went to college out there, & i get one of em to come out here to atl like every week or 2 & i go back out there like every month. i wanna cuff one of em too...

Failed.Shorty broke up with me cause we barely got to see each other.

IMO long distance never work, however it depends on how committed the couple is and how much theyre willing to take.

Failed.Shorty broke up with me cause we barely got to see each other.

IMO long distance never work, however it depends on how committed the couple is and how much theyre willing to take.

The power in the relationship belongs to the one that cares less.
Spoiler [+]
Just dead it, not worth it. 
pimp.gif
 Didnt work for me.

Spoiler [+]
Just dead it, not worth it. 
pimp.gif
 Didnt work for me.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

truth.

i wouldn't say long distance.. only 30-40 mins away.. but she worked during the day while i sleep and i work at night while she sleeps.. not to mention my car isnt in the best condition to travel on a daily that far. plus traffic in LA when everyone is trying to get home from work.
sick.gif
sick.gif

so it feels like a long distance cuz we get to see each other only on the weekend.

were trying to work it out
pimp.gif
hopefully my plans will follow through.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

truth.

i wouldn't say long distance.. only 30-40 mins away.. but she worked during the day while i sleep and i work at night while she sleeps.. not to mention my car isnt in the best condition to travel on a daily that far. plus traffic in LA when everyone is trying to get home from work.
sick.gif
sick.gif

so it feels like a long distance cuz we get to see each other only on the weekend.

were trying to work it out
pimp.gif
hopefully my plans will follow through.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

That doesn't qualify at all - you could easily meet up an hour from you and have dinner or something - weekly.

We were 2 plane rides (at about $1000 and 18 hours apart) for 3 years. Email was a bit rare at the beginning and long distance phonecalls were extortionate - no skype or anything - but if you are committed to each other it's tough but by no means difficult.

We've been married for 13 years this summer if that matters.

That doesn't qualify at all - you could easily meet up an hour from you and have dinner or something - weekly.

We were 2 plane rides (at about $1000 and 18 hours apart) for 3 years. Email was a bit rare at the beginning and long distance phonecalls were extortionate - no skype or anything - but if you are committed to each other it's tough but by no means difficult.

Originally Posted by kdawg

i applaud you sir.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

i applaud you sir.

pimp.gif

not really pass or fail...but it's tough. you can definitely make it work, but it takes a lot of sacrifice i think.

not really pass or fail...but it's tough. you can definitely make it work, but it takes a lot of sacrifice i think.

RARELY works. Isn't worth all of the money, time, etc. you will spend doing it. I did it for 5 years. Don't bother.

RARELY works. Isn't worth all of the money, time, etc. you will spend doing it. I did it for 5 years. Don't bother.

Back in highschool i had i chick in maryland, im in tx, worked fine for bout a year, then she found out i had a local girl. local girl contacted her...double fail

Back in highschool i had i chick in maryland, im in tx, worked fine for bout a year, then she found out i had a local girl. local girl contacted her...double fail

I'd say don't do it mostly because of your particular circumstances. Long distance when you're both going off to college is a bad idea. There's a ton of new experiences and new people and it's just very unlikely it'll work out. You grow so much when you move for school that you'll become different people and want different things.

That being said, I've also been in an LDR DURING college while my bf of 2 years was at work co-ops for 4-8 months at a time. I thought it was working but turns out he was seeing a million other girls. After that I was adamant that I'd never do it again...

UNTIL I met my current. He does the same work co-ops and I don't worry at all. I found a good one. We text every day, skype a couple times a week. You have to really be able to see a future with this person or there's no way it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom