Longest Single Drive have you ever done? Vol New Job

SF to LA. Can't remember how long it took but it felt like forever.

My family made the trek from SF to El Salvador and back 3 times when I was younger. I would never wish that on anyone.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

NYC to Berrien Springs, MI when I was in college.  12 hrs.  I wouldn't wish the stretch of road through Pennsylvania on my worst enemy.....
sick.gif

Almost lost my life there too.  Skid off the road in a snow storm, hit the guard rail, then spun back into the middle of the road to get hit on the passenger side door by the car behind me............THEN we both got hit by the 18 wheeler behind us.  Walked away without a scratch.......
tired.gif
Berrien Springs?  You must have went to Andrews huh?  I think I remember you posting in the SDA thread.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

SF to LA. Can't remember how long it took but it felt like forever.

My family made the trek from SF to El Salvador and back 3 times when I was younger. I would never wish that on anyone.
sick.gif

mine is minneapolis to nor cal a few times.  also drove to jacksonville non stop.  remember which was longer.

Seattle to San Diego, took over 24 hours. It usually doesnt take that long

I've driven to the Midwest (Minnesota) and back several times. 6 times?...Roughly 1700 or 1800 miles.

Montana is the worst.
laugh.gif

From Wisconsin to Florida, in a u-haul, to help my grandparents move. 20 hours or so.

Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.

Welcome to VA OP! You'll enjoy where your at, hit up Arlington, Georgetown and what not, plenty of bitties running around 
pimp.gif

My moms great uncle recently drove from Northern VA all the way to Washington state by himself for a surprise visit to his kids. He's like 93
laugh.gif

Personally I've never driven longer than like 5 hrs but I did have to stay up all night prepping my portfolio for a job interview and then drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back in the same day on no sleep. I spilled taco bell on the new slacks I bought for the interview because a groundhog committed suicide by darting out in front if me when I was like 20 ft away going 60 mph.
laugh.gif
Dude must have had a death wish because I hadnt seen another car on the road for almost an hr, I ended up lost in the middle of nowhere in Southern VA on the way back.

detroit to VA easy 7.5hrs every 2 weeks. NT'er in alexandria nice...u'll like it here

San Diego to Dayton, Ohio took me and my dad about a day and a half. Got a damn ticket passing through Indiana
laugh.gif
but lucky it was cheap

Longest one way was NYC to VA. 6 hours, not too bad.

Longest ever with technicalities (
laugh.gif
) was NYC to SUNY Cortland (approx 4 hours). Basically we partied there, I lost the keys to my friends car, and we coudnt get in it at all. Someone had to drive 4 hours back down, get the spare, drive 4 hours up, then 4 hours back down. No one else could do it so me and my boy did it. I rather drive 12 hours one way than the mental thought of going down, to go back up, to go back down, 4 hours each way.
sick.gif

NJ to Texas, think it was around 26 hours. Did it alone. In 2 days. In a beater. Never again. 
indifferent.gif

Bay Area to Tucson, AZ is a horrible journey that the longest in terms of miles. Its about 900 or 1000.

Worst drive i've ever had was from LA to the Bay. 30 mins into it started pouring. The fog was so thick the entire drive I couldn't see more than 50 feet in front of me. Traffic was so bad, literally drove 30 mph. Took about 10 hours smh

Columbia, MD to Chicago - done it many times but time was 10 hours there and 10.5 back

worst time was 15 hours driving with people...I hate driving people.

Welcome to the area OP. I'm sure you'll like it up here minus the traffic which is brutal.

just drove from Atlanta to Los Angeles solo a few weeks back...not a straight shot, i stopped in Dallas, El Paso and Phoenix...it actually wasn't too too bad, but no way in hell am I driving back 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom