Longest time you would wait in line for FOOD? VOL. five guys just opened..

laugh.gif
I swear, some of you LA folks get caught up in the LA tourist mix way too often...

The only time I wait is for a "sit-down" type restaurant.  Even those if it's longer than 30 minutes, I find another spot.

I'm a Yelper, and impatient one at that.

I've done the Pink's line a couple of times.  It's solid.  I did it once 'cause I had never been there always saw the line.  Went on a random Tuesday, took about 30 minutes.  The other times I went was when I had family from out of town that wanted to go to Pink's.  My brother who lives up North, wanted to go there 'cause he saw it on Entourage
laugh.gif

The line at Diddy Riese isn't too bad, it moves fast.  Plus it's cheap, driving to the Westside is a #*%!$ though
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

2.5 hours for boiling crab in SJ. That place is noticeably better than the one in Sac though...
Hit up the one in OC. The girls working there are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

2.5 hours for boiling crab in SJ. That place is noticeably better than the one in Sac though...
Hit up the one in OC. The girls working there are
pimp.gif

I'd never wait for fast food. But I've waited 2 hours for this sushi spot in SE Portland. Well worth the wait... every time 
pimp.gif

I'd never wait for fast food. But I've waited 2 hours for this sushi spot in SE Portland. Well worth the wait... every time 
pimp.gif

I was doing the tourist thing in Philly and waiting an hour for a cheesesteak. I guess that's considered fast food.

I was doing the tourist thing in Philly and waiting an hour for a cheesesteak. I guess that's considered fast food.

It depends on the restaurant and how hungry I am.

I driven past an McD just because the drive-thru was too long for me.
laugh.gif

It depends on the restaurant and how hungry I am.

I driven past an McD just because the drive-thru was too long for me.
laugh.gif

Y'all aint waited long

I waited about 2 hours one time for shake shack. It was after some parade and the line was circling around Madison Square park

Kinda like this but waaaaay longer

shake-shack.jpg

The food

708-eo-x491-shake-shack-uws1.jpg

Deep fried cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms
shake-shack-shack-stack.jpg

shake-shack.jpg

Y'all aint waited long

I waited about 2 hours one time for shake shack. It was after some parade and the line was circling around Madison Square park

Kinda like this but waaaaay longer

shake-shack.jpg

The food

708-eo-x491-shake-shack-uws1.jpg

Deep fried cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms
shake-shack-shack-stack.jpg

shake-shack.jpg

No food is worth two hours of waiting.

Only time such a wait is acceptable is Thanksgiving day, and that's only because the aroma throughout the house since early in the morning is one huge mind ++%*
30t6p3b.gif

No food is worth two hours of waiting.

Only time such a wait is acceptable is Thanksgiving day, and that's only because the aroma throughout the house since early in the morning is one huge mind ++%*
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

five guys is trash in the burger game. 

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:
I live inLA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is overhyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of ourexistence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line forfood. Even for good food.

Yep.

Only time i'll willingly wait in line for food is at Pinks, that's because I like the time spent in line talking to strangers in the line and more importantly, I love their product. I only go once a year or so.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 20 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, %!+@ that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

I mean how much better can their sunny side up eggs be than the ones I get at Pollys or LB Cafe
30t6p3b.gif
LB cafe on Ocean? if so that place is BOMB. .  I frequent LB a lot my aunt lives off of Ocean and Atlantic.  I live in Southbay I dont know to many spots that stay packed.

And seriously Pinks? You wait in that line for chili and Hotdogs? The 2 times Ive been two pinks there was no line, but the food was just greasey and heavy. Which is cool if that's your style but ill pass. Do you ever go to D D Reese?

laugh.gif
yessir that LB Cafe, they cook a good meal whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner
smile.gif

Yeah. . . Pinks. There's one out in Buena Park, but it's not as good, sucks in fact. The whole thought of us driving out to Hollywood/LA and getting a dog seems rather silly, but I enjoy it. I don't know about greasy though, might've been what you had. While it def is heavy, it'll stick to your ribs and have you good for the day haha

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me
http://www.diddyriese.com/home.php

gotta try it at least once
pimp.gif
, but it's like crack so you'll probably make more then one visit.
Its dumb cheap too.

Diddy Riese is 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

The line is always worth the wait. It's in Westwood Viilage Cinco. $3.75 for a dozen, tax included. Then goa round the corner to Enzo's Pizza 

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

five guys is trash in the burger game. 

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:
I live inLA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is overhyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of ourexistence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line forfood. Even for good food.

Yep.

Only time i'll willingly wait in line for food is at Pinks, that's because I like the time spent in line talking to strangers in the line and more importantly, I love their product. I only go once a year or so.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 20 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, %!+@ that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

I mean how much better can their sunny side up eggs be than the ones I get at Pollys or LB Cafe
30t6p3b.gif
LB cafe on Ocean? if so that place is BOMB. .  I frequent LB a lot my aunt lives off of Ocean and Atlantic.  I live in Southbay I dont know to many spots that stay packed.

And seriously Pinks? You wait in that line for chili and Hotdogs? The 2 times Ive been two pinks there was no line, but the food was just greasey and heavy. Which is cool if that's your style but ill pass. Do you ever go to D D Reese?

laugh.gif
yessir that LB Cafe, they cook a good meal whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner
smile.gif

Yeah. . . Pinks. There's one out in Buena Park, but it's not as good, sucks in fact. The whole thought of us driving out to Hollywood/LA and getting a dog seems rather silly, but I enjoy it. I don't know about greasy though, might've been what you had. While it def is heavy, it'll stick to your ribs and have you good for the day haha

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me
http://www.diddyriese.com/home.php

gotta try it at least once
pimp.gif
, but it's like crack so you'll probably make more then one visit.
Its dumb cheap too.

Diddy Riese is 

The line is always worth the wait. It's in Westwood Viilage Cinco. $3.75 for a dozen, tax included. Then goa round the corner to Enzo's Pizza 

Back
Top Bottom