LongIslandUniversity: CW post vol.Feedback...(another name change)

nyfly1

Banned
EDIT: i changed it from penn state to Suny Albany to Long Island University:CW Post Campus

Anyone goes here or knows anyone that goes here
How is it? Any feedback on someone entering as a Finance major?
I know theres alot of students there. is it poppin?
Im AfricanAmerican and is there a even Black population or is it OD outnumbered by white people?
Surroundin areas etc..
I need to hear from someone elses PointOfView

I may be attending PSU-UPark in the fall. It's probably going to be Penn State or Georgia Tech. But, to answer your question, I hear that the campus isalmost all white.

I know 2 black people that went there. They had nothing but bad things to say about the way blacks are treated there. Whatever you do though good luck.

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

I know 2 black people that went there. They had nothing but bad things to say about the way blacks are treated there. Whatever you do though good luck.

damn...i guess no jesus shuttlesworth treatment over there

I am here at PSU.. Class of 2011. Transferring to Villanova, if that don't work then Derxel... Hopefully.

Honestly I don't like it due to the fact that I prefer cities rather than the wilderness
laugh.gif

Pros: Corny white chicks, lots of parties ((Football season is crazzy)) , big campus and classes (close to 40 thousand kids here), good education, Not toexpensive, Top 50 school, it is not that hard to get in to <--- don't take that lightly though.

Cons: It is in the middle of no where, which is highly depressing. You can take a class on how to milk cows or go hunt for some deers in order to have fun inthis s*** hole. Black people are limited in this place (Damn)- I get excited when I see my people, yes they are that rare. Other than that all you do is prettymuch study, drink beer, discuss football, party or drive to Pitt. If that is your steez then you will fit right in.

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

I know 2 black peoplet that went there. They had nothing but bad things to say about the way blacks are treated there. Whatever you do though good luck.
im glad i aint go then, they sent me an application booklet but i toss that !+@# in the back of my locker as soon as i saw how thick it was.
eek.gif
VCU's wasnt thick at all so i went went them.

Originally Posted by MvP07

I am here at PSU.. Class of 2011. Transferring to Villanova, if that don't work then Derxel... Hopefully.

Honestly I don't like it due to the fact that I prefer cities rather than the wilderness
laugh.gif

Pros: Corny white chicks, lots of parties ((Football season is crazzy)) , big campus and classes (close to 40 thousand kids here), good education, Not to expensive, Top 50 school, it is not that hard to get in to <--- don't take that lightly though.

Cons: It is in the middle of no where, which is highly depressing. You can take a class on how to milk cows or go hunt for some deers in order to have fun in this s*** hole. Black people are limited in this place (Damn)- I get excited when I see my people, yes they are that rare. Other than that all you do is pretty much study, drink beer, discuss football, party or drive to Pitt. If that is your steez then you will fit right in.

Yeah man, I read before in some other threads that you were planning on transferring. This makes me want to rethink if I actually wanna go there or not. Even though it's much closer to me (I'm in Maryland), it's in the middle of nowhere, whereas Georgia Tech is in Atlanta. I dunno how I'm goingto choose.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

MvP07 wrote:

Yeah man, I read before in some other threads that you were planning on transferring. This makes me want to rethink if I actually wanna go there or not.
Even though it's much closer to me (I'm in Maryland), it's in the middle of nowhere, whereas Georgia Tech is in Atlanta. I dunno how I'm going
to choose.
ohwell.gif

Oh man, don't let me discourage you from attending this school.

We have different outlooks on things so I suggest you visit the campus on a given day and look/ask around before you give in. As a matter of fact there aresome NTer's here that go to PSU, ask them for there opinion.

hey man...im actually a finance major at suny albany, graduating this May....4 years flew by, business program is fairly rigorous, competitive in comparison tomany other programs offered at Albany...decent college town.

good luck in your decision.

I hear it gets old after a while (by the end of your Sophomore year). You'll be tired of the same house parties, etc.

im from albany
grin.gif
.....the school however is one of the best SUNY schools inthe state...you will find alot of NYC natives there as well....pretty good school..just be prepared for the winters
frown.gif
....there is enough black folk there for u to mingle with...just stay away fromthe youths in the uptown and downtown areas...they will rob you
laugh.gif

.just stay away from the youths in the uptown and downtown areas...they will rob you
laugh.gif

Aint nobody robbin you as long as you stay where you're supposed to...

no reason for a college kid to be around Orange St or Arbor Hill
laugh.gif

Yes, kids have gotten jacked...but that's the ones who go off by themselves when they get drunk on a Friday night

Suny is coo.....big party school.

Yeah, there are more white kids, but it's not like that's all there is.

Albany overall, is ok....if you're from a big city, you probably will get tired of it quick tho

Originally Posted by allen3xis

.just stay away from the youths in the uptown and downtown areas...they will rob you
laugh.gif
Aint nobody robbin you as long as you stay where you're supposed to...

no reason for a college kid to be around Orange St or Arbor Hill
laugh.gif

Yes, kids have gotten jacked...but that's the ones who go off by themselves when they get drunk on a Friday night

Suny is coo.....big party school.

Yeah, there are more white kids, but it's not like that's all there is.

Albany overall, is ok....if you're from a big city, you probably will get tired of it quick tho

Arbor Hill
sick.gif
sick.gif
i stay SPEEEEDING over the bridge on my way to I-90 when im coming from Lark St.
roll.gif
roll.gif

But my girl goes to U Albany and she likes it ok, we live about 5 minutes from U Alb on Western Ave... really nice area and not far from anywhereyou need to go in the area... the school is pretty good for a SUNY school... youll find your share of parties there as well.

Good to see other people from UA on here
pimp.gif

I received my B.S. in Information Science & Technology here and I'm currently going for my M.S.I.S. (should be done by May '09)

I'm not going to lie, the majority of students here are white; that's a fact. However, there is a decent minority population here and being latino, itwas comforting to see people you can relate to. With that said, the racial make-up of the student body shouldn't be of much concern to you. College is allabout new experiences and meeting people of diff backgrounds. It'll def be an eye-opening experience, but it'll prepare you for what lies ahead inlife.

As for the party life, it ain't what it used to be (circa '04-'06). There's always something to do tho, it just depends on who you know. Themore social connections you make, the more opportunities you'll have come the weekend. It was def fun going to crazy keg parties with the white dudes, butI wouldn't give up the bashment parties for nothin
pimp.gif
(RavageBX knowswhats up)

It's basically what you make of it man. Go to college with an open mind and a postive attitude (and get your alcohol tolerance up, I was SMACKED everyweekend for the first couple of months
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

Good to see other people from UA on here
pimp.gif

I received my B.S. in Information Science & Technology here and I'm currently going for my M.S.I.S. (should be done by May '09)

I'm not going to lie, the majority of students here are white; that's a fact. However, there is a decent minority population here and being latino, it was comforting to see people you can relate to. With that said, the racial make-up of the student body shouldn't be of much concern to you. College is all about new experiences and meeting people of diff backgrounds. It'll def be an eye-opening experience, but it'll prepare you for what lies ahead in life.

As for the party life, it ain't what it used to be (circa '04-'06). There's always something to do tho, it just depends on who you know. The more social connections you make, the more opportunities you'll have come the weekend. It was def fun going to crazy keg parties with the white dudes, but I wouldn't give up the bashment parties for nothin
pimp.gif
(RavageBX knows whats up)

It's basically what you make of it man. Go to college with an open mind and a postive attitude (and get your alcohol tolerance up, I was SMACKED every weekend for the first couple of months
laugh.gif
)
thanks

I went to the College of Saint rose in albany..it was okay..but i didn't really know many suny kids..a few from deliverin for a pizza place n whatnot..buti know suny has a decent minority population..asians..hispanics..african-americans..just a cornacopia (sp?)..you'll have access to some urban accounts

I use to go to clinton st. all the time..to get mixtapes and crap..and i'm white
laugh.gif
i don't really fear anythin..i like to explore areas wherever iam..that's how i am..and who i am..

Not big into partyin at all but suny is a big party school from what i hear..but every school is pretty much the same..

I think you will enjoy your time in albany..take a visit to the capital buildings..very nice imo..and the nys museum..i take my girl there a lot..it's agood time..and try Paesans Pizza..it's the best in the area..

Back
Top Bottom