Longs Drug Stores To Be Renamed CVS in 2009

Copying a post from General since NorCal might care a bit more:

Well Longs was bought a couple months ago by CVS and here's what one of the execs had to say:
Ryan commented that the stores would not be converted to a typical CVS store, although the stores will be renamed CVS. The Longs stores have a different mix of merchandise and carry more general merchandise, according to Ryan. "We aren't going to put a Boston CVS in San Francisco or Sacramento. We will use Longs merchandising and modeling in the stores," Ryan said in a teleconference call with investment bankers Tuesday. "Longs does do a great job. We are not going to cookie-cutter it."

The name change was a difficult decision, Ryan said. "That's always a dicey question. Longs does have a strong brand."

The Longs brand is strong enough in Hawaii that those stores will retain the name, Ryan said.

How are they going to keep the name in Hawaii and then change it everywhere else? They should have kept the name in Northern California where itwas founded. Yes, I'm mad.
mad.gif
Longs gave me my first job.

From this
longs_drugs.JPG
to this
cvs400.jpg
BOOOO!

when i used to go to boston (ike 10+years) theres a whole bunch of cvs.. their takin over i guess or its the same company..

is there even a Longs in the city or DC area? I only see them is east and south bay

Longs Drugs is the truth. Hardly any customers there. You stroll in and they got the Michael Bolton playing, you be in the aisle all alone browsing in pure bliss.

Back
Top Bottom