Look what happened to my ORIGINAL XVII and XVIII - plus previous postings of 1st retro IVs and Vs

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by PsilentNupe

So how do you store shoes properly? I don't know why people keep talking about wear them or they will end up like this...
I have seen plenty of OG DS shoes on ebay looking like they are new besides the fact of yellowing! I have a pair of VNDS (only because I have worn about twice)Air Garnett 1 from 98' and they are in perfect condition besides the air bubble being a little foggy

Basically, just keep them in the box, and away from sunlight or any moisture.  It's that simple. 

Oh and, don't live on a tropical island. 
laugh.gif
Even that way they're gonna get messed up. 

All shoes depend on how you store them.  I have 7-8 year old shoe still look like new, with no defect or cracks of any kind, and I don't use any fancy gimmicks.

Those people who like to display their shoes, are killing the lifespan of them so quickly.    And the people who store them in zip lock bags, are suffocating their shoes. 

Never once have a encountered a problem with crumbling.  Shoes will crack at the paint in time, and probably come unglued, but crumbling like that? 
You must be doing something wrong.

And I do wear all my shoes, may it be once a month or whatever, it's better to have some sort of rotation with all your shoes.

just like he said...rotaion helps from the shoes crumbling and going to waste

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by PsilentNupe

So how do you store shoes properly? I don't know why people keep talking about wear them or they will end up like this...
I have seen plenty of OG DS shoes on ebay looking like they are new besides the fact of yellowing! I have a pair of VNDS (only because I have worn about twice)Air Garnett 1 from 98' and they are in perfect condition besides the air bubble being a little foggy

Basically, just keep them in the box, and away from sunlight or any moisture.  It's that simple. 

Oh and, don't live on a tropical island. 
laugh.gif
Even that way they're gonna get messed up. 

All shoes depend on how you store them.  I have 7-8 year old shoe still look like new, with no defect or cracks of any kind, and I don't use any fancy gimmicks.

Those people who like to display their shoes, are killing the lifespan of them so quickly.    And the people who store them in zip lock bags, are suffocating their shoes. 

Never once have a encountered a problem with crumbling.  Shoes will crack at the paint in time, and probably come unglued, but crumbling like that? 
You must be doing something wrong.

And I do wear all my shoes, may it be once a month or whatever, it's better to have some sort of rotation with all your shoes.

just like he said...rotaion helps from the shoes crumbling and going to waste

Originally Posted by utl768

he prolly loaded the boxes up with silicia packs and they dried up the midsoles till they cracked

This.

I've had 2 pairs of those Tn Air (the "sharks") for close to 12 years and the foam hasn't broken up at all (it just yellowed). I just kept em in their box and beat the $%@% out of them over the years as well.

pro-tip: STOP TREATING YOUR SHOES LIKE ANCIENT RELICS

he prolly loaded the boxes up with silicia packs and they dried up the midsoles till they cracked

This.

I've had 2 pairs of those Tn Air (the "sharks") for close to 12 years and the foam hasn't broken up at all (it just yellowed). I just kept em in their box and beat the $%@% out of them over the years as well.

This.

I've had 2 pairs of those Tn Air (the "sharks") for close to 12 years and the foam hasn't broken up at all (it just yellowed). I just kept em in their box and beat the %$%# out of them over the years as well.

This.

I've had 2 pairs of those Tn Air (the "sharks") for close to 12 years and the foam hasn't broken up at all (it just yellowed). I just kept em in their box and beat the %$%# out of them over the years as well.

Do you guys think my room is a safe place to store DS kicks??

Temperature: 31.5°C = 88.7°F
Humidity: 70%

My room. 3.38am.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
smile.gif

Do you guys think my room is a safe place to store DS kicks??

Temperature: 31.5°C = 88.7°F
Humidity: 70%

My room. 3.38am.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom