Lookin to buy some Hyperdunks today... Reviews? Pros and Cons?

So im thinking about buyin some HD's today for my IM league.... ive heard various things such as "Best shoe every made" to "overrated, andwear out easily"... to someone that has balled in them for a while.... can u give me a breakdown?

I don't have too much time but let me sum it up real quick.

For the first two months they were right there with the 2k4 and 2k5s as the best shoes I've ever worn. But after that point the traction just died on me.I'm not a big guy so I didn't have any issues with the cushioning like some people have been talking about. I never wore them outside of an indoorcourt so it was very disappointing when after such a short time I couldn't even stop within an inch of where my foot first planted.

heres how they were for me:

agreed that for the first however long they lasted they were great. cushioning was soft and responsive. however, i run on my toes so the lunarlite broke downso fast. mine didnt even make it long enough for me to see the traction wear out lol. everytime i would play in them after the first 6 weeks or so the balls ofmy feet would be so sore the next day.

the ankle support can be done in a way that there is no movement at all to the point that you cannot even run or cut because of the shoe's ankle support.

i keep mine in rotation so i don't beat down on one pair every time i ball: zoom bb2 -> hyperdunk -> huarache 09 ->
i only have the USA hypderunks

pros
very light
traction isn't a problem
sole cushioning is fine while the lunar lasts, haven't had a problem with that
ankle lockdown is there if you tie your laces tight
feels very stable jumping, cutting, posting, or what have you

cons
not enough cushioning in the inner sock, tongue, and liner especially around the ankle. rubbed into the insides of my ankle bones pretty bad because therewasn't enough cushioning there, and i wear ankle socks
the creasing in the left shoe bends into my big toe causes discomfort (talking about leather toebox because i have USA hyperdunk, not sure if this is the samewith HDs with nubuck toebox). my friend also has a pair of the USA's and he has the same problem
cushioning may be less apparent as you increase your mileage on them

overall, hypderunks aren't bad shoes but they sure need some improvements. i would definitely buy another pair if the cushioning (except the zoom in theheel) was better, and if the outsole was given the herringbone design insteand of the box and stripes design it has now. glad i only paid $85 for them, idon't think they're worth $110.

if it wasn't for the traction issue for me, the hyper dunks would be an amazing shoe... if the hybrid kobe IV/hyperdunks came out.. ohh man, those THATwould be a awesome shoe!!

does anyone know any good shoes like hyper dunk or huarachee that will last for a very long time playing playing basketball outdoor? and also which shoes wouldyou recommend for wearing indoor that will last for a long time? peace

I've don't have traction problems with my HD's, but the bottoming out is an issue since I'm a big person. I haven't tried replacing theinsoles so I'm not sure how that'll go. The ankle support and traction are top notch, but after two months I found my self longing for some ZoomBB's.

I picked up the white/midnight navy HD's a few weeks ago and I'll lightly keep them in the rotation, probably ball in them 2-4 times a month indoors.

Pro - the hype surrounding the Hyperdunk.

Con - Everything else about the shoe, with a special attention to the LunarCRAP.

This is the most overrated piece of garbage ever.

I think if you have a lot of shoes in you balling rotation ,it will great to wear a pair of hyperdunks here and there, but as a 5 days a week b ball shoe getsome adidas

I think if you have a lot of shoes in you balling rotation ,it will great to wear a pair of hyperdunks here and there, but as a 5 days a week b ball shoe getsome adidas

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I think if you have a lot of shoes in you balling rotation ,it will great to wear a pair of hyperdunks here and there, but as a 5 days a week b ball shoe get some adidas Kobe IVs

Yep
pimp.gif

definitely buy only if you wear them once a week or so, or if you have a solid rotation.
but lightweight, decent support even through ankles, and good traction. i've had mine for about 5 months and they've held up fine.
i'm not even that small. about 165 5'8.

maybe a tad over-rated. but still a great shoe. definitely cop if you can pick em up for under a buck.

Poor traction and not enough cushioning it what defines this shoe for me.

Yes, they are light, but they are not that light to overcome those two serious issues.

Played in them for about a month. Afterwards I switched to Huarache 08 which performs much better.

I wore mine in an indoor setting for about 2 months. First thing to go was definetly the traction. And when it went it went fast! I thought once they werebroken in they were a great shoe. light, decent cushioning and I say that but I prefer a lot of cushion in comparison to a little. I never had a problem withthe ankle support.

Put it this way. I grabbed the Huarache 09 balled in them once and never had my feet hurt so bad. I brought them back to Finishline and could only getsomething in the store. So I got the True Flights another bad idea. Not as bad as the Huaraches but I cant wait to get some $ for ballin shoes again so I cancop some Hyperdunks off of Nikeid

pros - light, good fit around the ankle, traction is ok for me but the zoom bb1 are better

cons - lunar bottoms out easily, i thought people were exaggerating this problem until i experienced it myself, i'm a heavy guy by the way but i still playin them once a while

They're pretty good for a $110 shoe, but I think they were overhyped. They're definitely not the best shoe ever made. They lose the responsivenessquickly too.

the lack of cushioning i mentioned earlier in this thread became so much of a problem that i refuse to play in them. never had i ever had any problems likethis with any of my bball shoes before. going to try to sell them.

Stay away from these, and any other shoe in this price range that doesn't utilize their bread and butter tech (like the Kobe IV). You can get ZoomBB1's, which straight up put HD's to shame, for much cheaper. That tells you all you need to know about the role Hype plays and the crucial supportingrole that people on NT play that breathes life into Hype.

The only way I'd get a pair of HD's is if I found a DS pair for $10. I literally wouldn't pay $1 more than that. Basically paying $1 for eachballing session it'll probably last you.

^ i have no choice but to agree right now. is there a way i can get rid of my HDs and get some money for it? i doubt anyone would want to buy a used pair. ofcourse, i can wear it casually in the summer if it doesn't move but even with that i'm afraid my pinky toe will get rubbed on.

I played on day in these for 3 hours and they look like they only got about 10 more hours left till I need new basketball shoes. Great shoe but if you likeshoes you can play in for years get something else

^It is THAT simple.

There's a reason why yesterday's high performance basketball shoes aren't as popular and take a back seat to a newer, and inferior, highly-marketedproduct (the Hyperdunk).

Ask yourself, if there wasn't a couple of hundred page threads on HD's and Kobe IV's and Lunarfoam/Flywire garbage, would you be even close tobeing as interested as you might be now?

Think substance before superficial pop appeal.

honestly bought mine because of how much they were exposed in the past olympics when the redeem team brought home that gold.

Back
Top Bottom