Lookin to cop a whip. (Budget at 18K)

G35...good luck for 18k, maybe 20k
RSX S type
Lexus IS300

this is all I can think of off the top

Originally Posted by retrosneakerz23

being a bmw enthusiast, i would recommend any e46 3 series, can't ever go wrong.

I've been lookin at the 2006's but still havent peeped the other years...I dont think I can get anythin at my price above '06. Havent peeped thate46 but I'll look deeper.

The G35's...Lexus IS300, and Cadillacs crossed my mind...but I just cant see myself coppin it. My boy and his family already got the G35 and my other dudebouta trade his Maxima for the new 'llac. They're nice cars but I just couldnt see myself mobbin em.

Good lookin on the input/feedback my parents hit me with the
indifferent.gif
followed by
smh.gif
when I first mentioned the 300 before this thread.

They're not trippin bout the BMW at all since I'ma have to pay for everythin myself including insurance.

Anybody else wanna recommend BMW Year and model's I should look at around/less than $18,000?

*Oh and how many miles is too much when coppin a used BMW. I'm not lookin at anythin passed 50,000. (Or is that pushin it)

i mean only used bmw i would buy are those certified ones with extended warranty. depends though, how long are you looking to keep the car? like i saidoriginally way before if you get something like a TL you can probably keep it for another 10 years no problems or even longer with minimum maintenance. i donoif i get a bmw i would only ride it like 2-3 yrs and change it w/o dealing with an old bmw.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i mean only used bmw i would buy are those certified ones with extended warranty. depends though, how long are you looking to keep the car? like i said originally way before if you get something like a TL you can probably keep it for another 10 years no problems or even longer with minimum maintenance. i dono if i get a bmw i would only ride it like 2-3 yrs and change it w/o dealing with an old bmw.

That's true. i gotta sleep on it...cause the BMWs I could afford got !%!$$+ !+@ mileage and I'm tryin to keep this whip as long as I can.

I guess my options are back open
laugh.gif
, I'll have it all figured outthough.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

I love my 300.

I recomment it.

i see nothing wrong with a 300

some of NT confuses the actual car and how many are on the streets, hypebeast mentality. OP even wants anyway
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

How is the price of GM and Chrysler cars not in the gutter yet?
Especially re-sale value?

You should be able to get a a charger for dirt cheap right now

because the economy mostly effects poor people. IMO, middle class and rich people are living the same lifestyle they were 3 years ago.

Whoever has been saying a TL, IS300 and G35...Smart car enthusiasts.

You can NEVER go wrong with a TL.

I'd suggest either a TL, G35, 350Z, or an M45.

Whoever said 06 accord....
smh.gif

BMW's will kill your pocket for maintenance. But.. German RWD is amazing...

Originally Posted by Russoull

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i mean only used bmw i would buy are those certified ones with extended warranty. depends though, how long are you looking to keep the car? like i said originally way before if you get something like a TL you can probably keep it for another 10 years no problems or even longer with minimum maintenance. i dono if i get a bmw i would only ride it like 2-3 yrs and change it w/o dealing with an old bmw.

That's true. i gotta sleep on it...cause the BMWs I could afford got !%!$$+ !+@ mileage and I'm tryin to keep this whip as long as I can.

I guess my options are back open
laugh.gif
, I'll have it all figured out though.

not to get too personal, but how much do you have saved up? you don't want to spend ALL of your money on a car and have nothing left over for a 'rainyday.' you really have to think about routine maintenance, insurance and even quality of life after buying your car. i would suggest buying somethingslightly less than you can afford...so you still have money left over to do other things you enjoy doing. i say this, because i know several people right nowwho literally work to pay their rent/car note and can't do anything else. sure they're driving the latest and greatest, but what good is that if yourquality of life is terrible? you're young now, buy something you can easily afford...in a few years once you have a career and are established, then go outand 'stunt' in your dream car. just something to think about...

EDIT:

Whoever said 06 accord....
smh.gif

what is wrong with an 06 accord?

-waystinthyme

A couple of years ago, I copped a Lexus GS 300.

LOVE IT.

Runs mad smooth, nice quiet ride, and it has that solid luxury car feel to it. Only thing I don't like is the overly loose power steering. I tend to preferthe stiffer steering characteristics of BMWs.

It's given me no problems whatsoever, and the car still feels as tight as when I first bought it. No interior rattles, etc. Plus it's a Toyota, so Iknow it's going to last. My old Toyota went up to 300k before I got rear ended.

Consider a GS. Throw some 19's on it, drop it and call it a day.

E39 M5................no, not really. Get a TL or used IS300 if you want sedans.

Originally Posted by MiYaBaLlEr24

LS > GS anyday.

An accord? Why settle for an accord when he can cop a fully loaded whip?

i guess you didn't bother reading my post...

-waystinthyme

He can get a fully loaded whip and still have money to spare.

What about a 03 TL-S? Fully loaded, reliable and just a plain out great car.

He can get a fully loaded whip and still have money to spare.

It's not that hard with an 18k budget.

and this dude saying LS > GS thats obvious dude. But the man did say an 18k budget. No one wants no ole crusty '01-'03 body style LS which would bewhat he can afford in his price range.

Honestly i would go for the GS400 or 430. The 2nd Gen GS has a great aftermarket if your into that. Plus the V8 in the 400 is a lot more fun that the 300 andthey get almost the same mpg.

Back
Top Bottom