Looking at the Kobe 6 or 7, please help me decide

I just killed 2 pairs of Jordan 16.5, and I absolutely loved them. I need a new pair of shoes, and am looking at both the Kobe 6 and Kobe 7. 
A little about me, I'm 5'9" 190 lbs, and I play all positions. When I play pickup with my friends, I play more SF or PF, but when I play intramurals I have to run PG. All playing is on an indoor court. I'm just looking for something that will give me good support and traction, and something that is on the lighter side. I've read all the reviews on the 6 and 7, and it seems like people who own both prefer the 6.

I'm not looking to break the bank, and pay $199 for the 7 elite, but more of the basic Kobe. I see the prices on Eastbay for the 6 and 7 as the same $109.

The 7 looks like its cut a tiny bit higher, and may give me a smaller amount of ankle support, but it could just be the way the picture was taken. All opinions are welcome and thanks for your help. If you have another shoe to recommend, please do so as well.

i also play point and have played in the 6's and i would highly recommend it, cushion, traction and overall performance is great. i messed with the 7's though, since alot of feedback from my peers have been a bit off.

Originally Posted by chichoi

i also play point and have played in the 6's and i would highly recommend it, cushion, traction and overall performance is great. i messed with the 7's though, since alot of feedback from my peers have been a bit off.
if you're a fast player and likes to run and gun... get the 6.

Check out nightwing2303 reviews...he just did a review on the lows. I've heard good things about the Kobe VI...The VIIs are good if your feet aren't wide and you can deal with a somewhat clunky heel. The VIIs do have a full forefoot zoom instead of just a smaller area zoom in the VIs......

zk6>>>zk7

quality, performance and value especially at this point in time.
but to be honest, the zk5 is the better basketball shoe if you haven't tried any of them yet.

I tried all the above shoes on, and they are too narrow for my feet. I don't even think I have that wide of a foot either. I couldn't squeeze into the VIIs, the Vis were a little better, but not by much, and the hyperdunks were too narrow as well.

Also my ankles are a little weak and the low tops scared me a little. Even with a 3/4 top, at least there is something covering my ankle.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments. I'll see if I can find somewhere to check out the Vs.

you can buy zk5s at the bay. It's basically a beast. When you break them in, if you don't have wide feet you should be good.
I went true to size and I have super wide feet.

The kobe 5's are the best
They have great grip but they are not very durable if you ask me
I got them around christmas and I have been hooping in them every day since then and after like 5 months there is been alot of sole seperation
Its probably due to that I have been hoopin in them every day

Originally Posted by jfgmoney

I got them around christmas and I have been hooping in them every day since then and after like 5 months there is been alot of sole seperation

I don't see how anybody can say the Kobe Vs have great grip.....by far one of the worst traction patterns I have ever played in.....I play on pretty clean courts indoors and I was sliding all over the place, plus the jagged edges on the rubber makes swiping them suck lol. The VIs had better traction but not perfect by any means.

Originally Posted by Beardo

Originally Posted by jfgmoney

I don't see how anybody can say the Kobe Vs have great grip.....by far one of the worst traction patterns I have ever played in.....I play on pretty clean courts indoors and I was sliding all over the place, plus the jagged edges on the rubber makes swiping them suck lol. The VIs had better traction but not perfect by any means.

Traction on the Vs is pure !@*! Even on college courts. 

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

you can buy zk5s at the bay. It's basically a beast. When you break them in, if you don't have wide feet you should be good.
I went true to size and I have super wide feet.

This man speaks the truth. The 5's performance are waaay better than the 6's or 7's.

i personally prefer the zk6 and zk7 over the zk5..

both zk6 and zk7 are good, you can't go wrong with either. but i think the zk6 have the slight edge.

also, the zk6 will stretch and "mold" into your foot. so don't worry about it being too tight at first.

seeing that you're a pretty heavy point. I highly recommend the kb6 b/c of it's flexibility and LIGHT weight. The kb7 do have a better traction pattern but the kb6 hold up perfectly fine, so i'd definitely go with them

I'm a big fan of using kobes during practice... but not games. The 5s are the best performance wise, and I currently am playing in lebron 9s.

6 > 7 but it's close. Once you break in the 7s they are amazing. I am 6'4" and 190 lbs and they both feel great, no ankle problems with either, as well...

Hope this helps bruh!

FWIW, I sprained an ankle, turned an ankle, and tore a menisus. Between last Feb and December when I retired them from hoops. I dont know what the fundamental difference is on my foot between the Vs and VIs.. but I killed it in the Vs for a year or so prior.. the VIs, I just cant hoop in.

6'5 200+, wide foot

Back
Top Bottom