Looking back at AJF Vol:Was it Really Sooo bad.

Originally Posted by Vader

My bro copped me a pair of AJF 6 White/Infrared. To date I've only used them to wash my car and take the dog for walks in the forest and snow. I find it ironic that they are my most worn pair of shoes.

i think its funny that most shoe heads wear their favorite shoes less than any others, doesnt make any sense

And people got paid to come up with that crap...but I guess it worked for them considering I saw a lot of people rocking em like they were a good look

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

And people got paid to come up with that crap...but I guess it worked for them considering I saw a lot of people rocking em like they were a good look

same, people who arent into J's seem to rock fusions around me

One or two pairs would have been ok as like a "special release" or something. But then they went all out. The AJF 12s were the only ones worth not throwing out the window. 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s were all ehhhh.

The 13s, 8s, 10s, 9s, were HORRIBLE. Especially the 13s, those were the worse. When I see someone wearing a pair of fusions, I feel sorry for them.

Beyond bad. There is no way to justify buying those things.  
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

One or two pairs would have been ok as like a "special release" or something. But then they went all out. The AJF 12s were the only ones worth not throwing out the window. 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s were all ehhhh.

The 13s, 8s, 10s, 9s, were HORRIBLE. Especially the 13s, those were the worse. When I see someone wearing a pair of fusions, I feel sorry for them.
NO, if a shoe is a piece of crap, making it a limited release doesn't make it a better shoe. This is the mentality that Nike and JB has been cashing on.

Originally Posted by Lem

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by bence23

Yes they were. We're not gonna justify your cops for you....

Not Trying to Justify them just asking Niketalk if their opinions on them have changed in anyway after Its all over. I regretted the purchase's once I got into retros.
Listen Bence, you gotta do you man.  No, the Fusions were not that bad.  My wife bought me a pair and they are comfortable and a good summer shoe.  There is no need to regret buying a shoe if you liked it. I'm an old head and I only purchase the flagship models but I've seen some Fusions that were well executed.  Jordan brand is building a new customer base and the Fusion thing is what's up for the younger cats that are into shoes.  A lot of the hate on the Fusion is due to people following the crowd.  If all of the message boards were screaming, "THESE ARE FIRE" plenty of people would be lined up for them.  Again man, do you!

LEM you have it right....if you like the shoes, then buy what you like.  Who cares what other people think?  I could care less what other people think.  Guys shouldn't be judging other dude's shoes on their feet which should be saved for the females to do.  If someone got a pair of fake Jordans is one thing and believing they are real is stupid.  Fusions combined my love of AF1s and Jordans into one so I liked them.  Yeah they weren't the same as the Retro J's and had a bulkier sole but they were made well. 

It took me some time to like the Dub Zero's, 6 Rings, Spiz ike's but I bought them as well as AFJ's.  Most of them are well made compared to what Jordan Brand brings out today in retros.  Yeah they were expensive.  Any where from 135, 150, 175. 

Yeah they had some horrible fusions like the XIII's, VIII's, etc.  I personally bought the XII's, V's, III's, and IVs.  I probably would've bought the UNC Blue IX's as well if they were cheap but didn't.  I have most retros Jordans and patiently wait for the White/Cement IVs that come out later like I did with the white/red/elephant print III's. 

Like LEM says "Do You!"  Buy what you like.  Wear your shoes.

I don't blame JB for trying new concepts, but the feedback on the AJF series was not looking good from the get go. Whether we liked it or not, JB came hard with the Fusions. I hope JB gets back on track and focus on releasing good quality (wishful thinking) retros.

I copped the white AJ5 and the blk AJ5, and the fusion 12s, i probably wore them all a combined 4 times. But i gave them all to my nephew, he was in high school at the time. so dude was a happy camper.

I had the white/orange AJF5 before I gave em away to my boy. I also outlet copped the AJF6 flight club special. Those are horrid looking but comfortable. But in all honesty the fusion line was quality. Both pairs I own(ed) both have good leather and proper fit and finish. JB isnt gonna make decisions based on just one consumer base. They are gonna take risks to reach different markets. We gobble up retros because were sneakerheads. They were probably pushing this for the younger crowd who didnt really care or know what retros they were influenced by.

To answer OP's question, yes. It seems that younger buyers lean toward these as opposed to older buyers. No hate, but the fact that you like them kinda shows your age. It's all good. You buy what you like.

Just another way to milk the Air Jordan line.

As long as people buy, they will milk it as much as possible just like any other type of product that sells.

They've done Nu Retro's, Team Jordans that are clearly hybrids, hybrids, Jordan Forces, the .5 line, etc...

Never copped any, but if I were to cop a pair of AJF I would cop a Fusion 4. I think it's the only decent one, other than that its a no go for me.

When did these start coming out officially? i have been out of the sneaker game for awhile. and when did Jordan Brand smarten up and stop producing them

Hey, I'll admit it. I bought the white/cement 3s, because I didn't feel like shelling out for the previous retro, and I couldn't see a couple of years into the future to know they were coming down the pike. They're comfortable, and work as beaters. Once the 09 TBs came out and I got those, I didn't wear the AJFs nearly as much, except bad weather. They served a purpose.

I don't care what other people think about my shoes, but I never wore these to try and get people's attention, and never made them out to be anything more important than they were.

Back
Top Bottom