looking back Recovery was eminem's second worse album next to encore

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

you can't really have the old MMLP Eminem anymore... People would get tired of that.

Not me.

Me neither. But I dont think he can even rap like that anymore if he wanted to. That was a whole nother mindstate

Let me rephrase that... What I was trying to say is if he was rapping about his mom & kim still with styles like "kill you" & "kim", people would just say "here we go again" & people have
nerd.gif
If we're talking songs like Stan or the way I am, that's different, Em fans wouldn't get sick of that. Its the same with his "comedy" songs like the real slim shady, he put songs similar to that on Encore & people trashed it. In the music business sometimes artists have to switch things up... I wouldn't call recovery a bad switch if it had to be done.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

you can't really have the old MMLP Eminem anymore... People would get tired of that.

Not me.

Me neither. But I dont think he can even rap like that anymore if he wanted to. That was a whole nother mindstate

Let me rephrase that... What I was trying to say is if he was rapping about his mom & kim still with styles like "kill you" & "kim", people would just say "here we go again" & people have
nerd.gif
If we're talking songs like Stan or the way I am, that's different, Em fans wouldn't get sick of that. Its the same with his "comedy" songs like the real slim shady, he put songs similar to that on Encore & people trashed it. In the music business sometimes artists have to switch things up... I wouldn't call recovery a bad switch if it had to be done.

i prefer the accent over the yelling

stay wide awake is a top 5 eminem track. his third verse is wow. go back and listen to it

stay wide awake is a top 5 eminem track. his third verse is wow. go back and listen to it

Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead

It's cool if you like it. I don't though. It ain't even bizarre in an interesting way.Top 5 track? Heck no.

Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead

It's cool if you like it. I don't though. It ain't even bizarre in an interesting way.Top 5 track? Heck no.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by Jking0821

This.  Relapse was one of the worst albums i have ever heard period.

Recovery is a great album.  Everyone has corny metaphors but the feeling and the content on recovery is relate-able and that's what people want.

I mean stay wide awake is a terrible song.  He tried so hard on Relapse to be MMLP Eminem and it came off as super fake and corny.  I mean opening an umbrella in a womens vagina? wow cool yeah thats a good line.  I mean there was a song on relapse about him getting sodomized by his step dad.  like really you dudes bang that song?

You are buggin, you acting like there weren't a ton of the same shock value lyrics on songs like WTP, Cold Wind Blows, Won't Back Down and On Fire.

As far as the skill of rapping is concerned Stay Wide Awake is WAYYYYY better than anything on Relapse, content may not be what you wanna hear but the wordplay was great

No one give a damn about "rapping skill" if the song itself is wack. And the song is wack.
For shock value multi's i listen to necro.  Talk about music that has nothing to do with anything but dude crams multi after multi after multi about killing death murder.  Some days I want to hear it lol.

But em's word play is great in that song (accent aside because that made the record unlistenable to me) but its just rhyming words to ryhme words.  And to the guy who said he comes hard with the third verse go back and listen.  LOL u kidding? I am assuming you were being sarcastic not serious

"Jabba the Hutt be de ba ba, be de ba ba it's time to die die
Ought to not even botha to scream, it don't even matta
Amazing when raising skin with these razor blades he waves at ya
Not your everyday game, he bathe me in holy water
Nothin like somethin to say, so please understand there's no gun-in-hand
Where's the thrill in a hunt? there's no fun in that, here I come with axe
Once I act like lumberjack when I'm hackin him up with that
What was that? dial 911 someone's comin in from the back"O they lyrical diversity in some of these lines.  Axe, Lumberjack, That, That, Back....

This.  Relapse was one of the worst albums i have ever heard period.

Recovery is a great album.  Everyone has corny metaphors but the feeling and the content on recovery is relate-able and that's what people want.

I mean stay wide awake is a terrible song.  He tried so hard on Relapse to be MMLP Eminem and it came off as super fake and corny.  I mean opening an umbrella in a womens vagina? wow cool yeah thats a good line.  I mean there was a song on relapse about him getting sodomized by his step dad.  like really you dudes bang that song?

You are buggin, you acting like there weren't a ton of the same shock value lyrics on songs like WTP, Cold Wind Blows, Won't Back Down and On Fire.

As far as the skill of rapping is concerned Stay Wide Awake is WAYYYYY better than anything on Relapse, content may not be what you wanna hear but the wordplay was great

No one give a damn about "rapping skill" if the song itself is wack. And the song is wack.
For shock value multi's i listen to necro.  Talk about music that has nothing to do with anything but dude crams multi after multi after multi about killing death murder.  Some days I want to hear it lol.

But em's word play is great in that song (accent aside because that made the record unlistenable to me) but its just rhyming words to ryhme words.  And to the guy who said he comes hard with the third verse go back and listen.  LOL u kidding? I am assuming you were being sarcastic not serious

What was that? dial 911 someone's comin in from the back"O they lyrical diversity in some of these lines.  Axe, Lumberjack, That, That, Back....

I wrote dude off after The Eminem Show. IMO, his best album. *puts on flamesuit

With that said, I gave up all hope on dude, and then Recovery came out.

Granted, Recovery has no replay value, but I thought it was a solid effort, considering all the duds he put out after TES.

I wrote dude off after The Eminem Show. IMO, his best album. *puts on flamesuit

With that said, I gave up all hope on dude, and then Recovery came out.

Granted, Recovery has no replay value, but I thought it was a solid effort, considering all the duds he put out after TES.

I'm not arguing the rhyming in the song. We all know Em can rhyme.The SONG is wack though with alot of nonsensical rhyming imo. There IS such a thing as trying too hard.

I'm not arguing the rhyming in the song. We all know Em can rhyme.The SONG is wack though with alot of nonsensical rhyming imo. There IS such a thing as trying too hard.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

I can't stress enough how disappointing this album is. It might just be his worst, and this is coming from one of his biggest fans.
His atrocious metaphors and lame choruses completely killed the album for me.
I Love the subject matter but everything else really upsets me. Just cause I know how good of an MC he really is.

Once again, my dude said:

"Quit playing with the scissors and %$+$, and cut the crap"

*sigh*

eek.gif
! There's no excuse for that
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Agreed.. Aside from 25-life I can't mess with recovery at all... Id take relapse over recovery all day

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

I can't stress enough how disappointing this album is. It might just be his worst, and this is coming from one of his biggest fans.
His atrocious metaphors and lame choruses completely killed the album for me.
I Love the subject matter but everything else really upsets me. Just cause I know how good of an MC he really is.

Once again, my dude said:

"Quit playing with the scissors and %$+$, and cut the crap"

*sigh*

eek.gif
! There's no excuse for that
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Agreed.. Aside from 25-life I can't mess with recovery at all... Id take relapse over recovery all day

Back
Top Bottom