looking for a good pair of bball kicks for outdoors.

i'm looking for a good pair of kicks for outdoor balling. something that doesn't require some hunting around in order to get a pair like the 20-5-5. isthere anything out there right now made for outdoors? and i don't mean the lebron soldier 3s, which kill my feet every time i wear them orsharkleys/sharkalaids which offer close to no cushioning lol.
i need something that's comfortable, durable, and stable. i know it might be a bit difficult to recommend shoes for someone else so i have a few shoes inmind that i wouldn't mind copping. let me know if you know if the following shoes will do well outdoors:
jordan element
nike huarache 09
nike air force 180
nike force max
nike force max b
nike zoom lebron v

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. as you may have noticed, i'm looking for something with good cushioning. i also need a something thatisn't narrow at the toebox like the soldier 3s.

Originally Posted by JLking

I would try the Jordan element, it's suppose to be made to hoop outside
hence the name... to ball outside, even despite the elements

Honestly, I wouldn't wear a JB product outside. The quality on that stuff is shockingly low. Matter of fact, Nike has let me down anytime I take theirshoes outside. Their soles just don't last

If you must stick to one of yours listed, then the Huarache 09s were pretty solid to me. I'd try those first.

My recommendation? Look outside the box: The Converse Wade 3. It's on ebay for hella cheap, easy to find. But the quality is top notch, (triple stitchingon the upper), the cush is comfy, etc. Not only that, but the shoe is SOLID - I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 240) - and after a few months on asphalt my3s still look pretty much brand new. It's a very good product, great sole, nice leather, all of that. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

I only ball in Jordan XIV's. The best basketball shoe (for me atleast) ever made. I pick up a few pairs of lightly used ones every so often.

For me, the soles have been fine, I am just wearing a little thin on my Black/Caro XIV's, but the toe box glue gave out first (After 2 years of balling 2xa week).

My second choice is the Jordan XVI low. They are a little bulkier than the XIV, but the tread is great for blacktop.
xvi_low_bottom_400.jpg

I got me a pair of the huarache 09 and they have been good for me, I got them about two weeks ago, and played like 5 games outdoors and a couple indoors andthey fit nice, light, and good traction for me. I vote would go to Huarache 09 or any huarache

thanks for all the responses so far. since i already own a pair of huarache 09s i might just start using them outdoors instead of exclusively indoors. i'llmost definitely keep the wade 3, XIV, and XVI low in mind if i get the itch for another pair of outdoor shoes.

the lebron 5s are extremely comfortable and last pretty well outside. the new soldier 3 TBs have XDR soles made for outside use but they arent quite ascomfortable as the lebron 5s.

I would recommend the zoom Lebron 5s since they are the best shoes i have had for ball in a while and i used those mostly for outdoors but there durability wasa bit questionable imo....im currently looking for a pair but i refuse to pay over 70 for a pair.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

nike air force 180
nike force max
nike force max b,,

Which 180s are you refering to? the 92 version of the 06 ones?

Og Force 180s had almost no forefoot cushioning at all, doubt the Retros are any better, and i'd wondering about the durabiltiy of the visible air.

I'd say the same thing about durabiltiy in relation to the 06 version as well.

The Air Force Max/Air Force Max B definitely has a thick midsole/outsole, but it's not that durable, although it does have the small toe box you'relooking for.

I just tested the Zoom Phenoms, which seem to be built for outdoor courts. Great shoe, comes in a lot of colorways, on sale just about everywhere, and veryroomy interior... not as narrow as the Soldier III's. Basically the only complaint I had is the lack of forefoot Zoom. Check out my review:http://sneakerlivestock.blogspot.com/

I just tested the Zoom Phenoms, which seem to be built for outdoor courts. Great shoe, comes in a lot of colorways, on sale just about everywhere, and veryroomy interior... not as narrow as the Soldier III's. Basically the only complaint I had is the lack of forefoot Zoom. Check out my review:http://sneakerlivestock.blogspot.com/

whiplash, i tried the phenoms a few months back and did not like them at all lol. but thanks for the input. i think i'll try and snag another pair of 09sonce the next f&f rolls around. hopefully by then the price will drop even more.

Back
Top Bottom