Looking for a new LeBron.

Hey guys! I’m trying to decide between the LeBron 15, 16, 17, or 18, for my new indoor hooping shoes. Thoughts? (I’m 6” 2, 140lb, size 11.5-12, if that helps any)

I currently have Kyrie 7’s, but I want to occasionally change things up, if I’m going to be playing hard D or something.

I would say probably the 16's. Lebron tend to be heavy and those are the lightest from memory. All have good cushioning.

I would say probably the 16's. Lebron tend to be heavy and those are the lightest from memory. All have good cushioning.
Is the only con of the 15 the weight? I know function>aesthetics, but I still like to look good on the court.

Is the only con of the 15 the weight? I know function>aesthetics, but I still like to look good on the court.
I never hooped in the 15 personally but there were some people who were unhappy with the stability. I personally think it was a placebo effect because Lebron supposedly wasn’t happy with it. You can dig up the thread and you should be able to find what people were thinking in there. Honestly for your physique, i think there are better options. I think you’d like The Signature jordan series starting with the 34

I never hooped in the 15 personally but there were some people who were unhappy with the stability. I personally think it was a placebo effect because Lebron supposedly wasn’t happy with it. You can dig up the thread and you should be able to find what people were thinking in there. Honestly for your physique, i think there are better options. I think you’d like The Signature jordan series starting with the 34
Ok, thank you! I really do want a LeBron though, because he’s my favorite player.

Any suggestions of his shoes that might suit me build better?

I would suggest the Ambassador series. They are not flagships but they are equal performers. His newest ambassador looks like it will be great.
Ok, thank you! I really do want a LeBron though, because he’s my favorite player.

Any suggestions of his shoes that might suit me build better?

I would suggest the Ambassador series. They are not flagships but they are equal performers. His newest ambassador looks like it will be great.
I don’t really like the ambassador series. The shoes just don’t scream “LeBron” to me.

Not sure if links are allowed, but I found a GREAT price on these two LeBron 16. One of them is even the BRED!

Worth looking into?

Go for the breads if you can get them. great shoe
Awesome, thanks! Seller said they had been used “only on the sidewalk”, so I’m hoping the traction won’t be too messed up. The traction on the Breds and the Oreos look OK.

He sent me some more pics of the shoe. Does it look good?
92C67770-E7DB-41E3-84E9-827993B63451.jpeg
506992AB-D0ED-43BE-B28E-EE185BF956F5.jpeg
467D4F93-6961-474F-BBB0-E6221243BA94.jpeg

Seems there’s just a little bit of wear, but that’s to be expected I suppose?

I also think I forgot to mention that I want to use these in game, on hardwood, not outside. I’m getting Giannis Immortality’s for outside.

Will the little bit of wear seen in the heel be an issue?

I need to make up my mind on these soon - does the traction look OK for the price?

I’ve decided to go ahead and get both. 2 LeBron 16’s, lightly used, for $140? A steal in my book. I’ll update if I’m able to get them!

For your height and weight I’d say 16=15>17>18
Personally the 15 is my favorite bron, but the 16 is vastly superior traction wise… both have the same cushion setup. I liked the upper on the 15 more as the tongue on the 16 was awkward…
18s have almost too much cushion and also have a weird tongue. 17 is very well rounded once broken in. They just have a major transition heel cushion to toe cushion

For your height and weight I’d say 16=15>17>18
Personally the 15 is my favorite bron, but the 16 is vastly superior traction wise… both have the same cushion setup. I liked the upper on the 15 more as the tongue on the 16 was awkward…
18s have almost too much cushion and also have a weird tongue. 17 is very well rounded once broken in. They just have a major transition heel cushion to toe cushion
Thank you for your suggestions!

I did end up getting the 16's Fresh Breds. I got them for $125, which I think is a great deal. For the 3 times I've worn them, they have been awesome. The cushioning is far superior to the Kyrie 7's, and the traction was also beastly. I didn't experience any slippage, despite them being worn outside from the previous owner.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase!

---

Even though I don't care for high-tops that much, I would love to own a pair of 17's one day. The 17 Lakers Colorway is insane.

Back
Top Bottom