Looking to buy a car..VOL... CHEAP

-First car.
-Looking to buy a car in the coming months.
-Budget 4k. Willing to make monthly payments in order to get a better car.

-Automatic, Sedan, or Coupe.

-Brands: Toyota or Honda.

-Color: White, Silver, Dark Grey, or Black.

-Point of this thread? Just want some advice on what to look for.

Many thanks NT
smile.gif

2004 Nissan Maxima under 100k miles can be had for 4,000. Extremely reliable car and very good looking for your budget

with 4gs its gonna be older model if you want toyota or honda. their resell value is super high so even 04 accords are like 8gs. you should probably get like 02 civic

Cyber Smoke-Nissan you say? Why so cheap though? Do they last long? whats resale value after a few years? Parts?

K Town Trash- I just want a Honda Civic EX at least.

Also what do you guys have to say about Toyota Celicas? If I save a little more I can get one for around 5k. How does insurance work for a new driver, especially if i get a sports car.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

2004 Nissan Maxima under 100k miles can be had for 4,000. Extremely reliable car and very good looking for your budget
no way.. under 200k maybe..
youd be lucky to find an 04 SENTRA for $4000 
laugh.gif

where do you live OP.??

but based on info already provided.. looks to be narrowed down to a blak or white older gen civic or corolla with high milage.. when youve made your mind on what you want.. search classifed, craigslist, auto-traders, cars, even ebay  on a weekly bases till you the right car at the right price.. always get a "pre-purchase inspection" from a trusted mechanic and always try to negotiate the price.. goodluck.!!

Check out a 98-02 Accord. Their roughly in your price range, maybe a bit more for one with less miles and overall in better shape.

You sure you can't afford 5-6K? Better options in that range.

Are you paying cash? Might want to look at salvage cars if it's a good car.

Toyota Echo is a good used car. Great mileage and reliable.

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

laugh.gif

where do you live OP.??

but based on info already provided.. looks to be narrowed down to a blak or white older gen civic or corolla with high milage.. when youve made your mind on what you want.. search classifed, craigslist, auto-traders, cars, even ebay  on a weekly bases till you the right car at the right price.. always get a "pre-purchase inspection" from a trusted mechanic and always try to negotiate the price.. goodluck.!!
laugh.gif
 let me know where I can get this 2004 Maxima with under 100k miles for $4,000. But yea that basically sums it up.. Also try to get an insurance quote before you settle on a payment plan to get an estimate of how much you would be paying monthly for the car. If you're looking to finance through a buy here pay here spot though, just know their interest rates are usually pretty high. 

I live in VA, and i don't mind waiting a couple more months to save up a little more. Really want a 01 or 02 Celica GT. Whats good with Integras, Rsx, and scion tc. cant find them for any less than 5-6k. Im more worried about repair cost and insurance cost. (Might have to put insurance under my own name)

Originally Posted by soleboy23

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

laugh.gif

where do you live OP.??

laugh.gif
 let me know where I can get this 2004 Maxima with under 100k miles for $4,000. But yea that basically sums it up.. Also try to get an insurance quote before you settle on a payment plan to get an estimate of how much you would be paying monthly for the car. If you're looking to finance through a buy here pay here spot though, just know their interest rates are usually pretty high. 

Ive seen a few of those on craigslist here in nuc.

Im looking for a truck myself so ive been on CL almost daily.

Don't make car payments just to get a $6-8k car. Spend your $4k. Get an older Honda or Toyota. Have it for a few years, maybe more. Then upgrade when you can actually afford it and need it.

Lol...Same thing I tell everyone no matter what, get yourself a Silverado, you can get a good one for 4k. My pops has an 88 that went to over 250k on the same motor, my brother had a 92 or 93 that went to like 285k as well. Now I drive a 2000 I copped it for $4600 with 100k and I know its gonna go another 100k.

id recommend a 97-99 nissan maxima why?
-they are proven to last 250k+
-they have good potential performance and looks wise
-they have good aftermarket support not as much as honda but still
-the vq engine is a tank and has been on wards top ten engine list
-maintenance is minimal and easy and cheap to do yourself
-parts are cheap
-it has good power and has decent gas mileage
-with 3-4k to spend you can find one in great cosmetic and mechanical condition just make sure it was taken cared of properly

I actually saw some altimas ranging from about 85k and 120k for 4000-4500 this summer on craigslist. Been checking the last few weeks and nothings showing up 
tired.gif
 Also saw a lot of jettas and passats with less than 100k for cheap this summer, now nothing

so the link i posted on the other page, dude said hed drop the price to 2,600

Back
Top Bottom